If the Netherlands Wins The World Cup

RD64

Given the great game that was played yesterday, it is definitely possible that the Netherlands may win the World Cup. Given that the last game is on July 12th, should the Netherlands win, do you think this could be a special event on HAL ships.

We are leaving on July 12th - and given this possibility - I am know looking for to a win by the Netherlands instead of that of my background - Italy.

I am sure there would be many very happy Dutch Officers should Holland win World Cup. Happy Officers make for happy crew which makes for happy guests. :)

Go Netherlands!!!!!!! :D

VMax 1700 - that is classic - the best of both worlds - Avanti Nederland!

BTW - I see you are from Cork. We stopped in Cobh on the Rotterdam transatlantic in 2011 - I just want to say what a genuinely wonderful / nice / friendly bunch you Irish are. There are not enough words to describe how well we were treated by the locals. Cheers!

sorry folks - Mexico or Spain for these trouble makers - but we won't be on a cruise then - summer is for gardening, basking in the sun (or watching the World Cup but it is only once every 4 years as DH keeps reminding me)

Given the great game that was played yesterday, it is definitely possible that the Netherlands may win the World Cup. Given that the last game is on July 12th, should the Netherlands win, do you think this could be a special event on HAL ships.

We are leaving on July 12th - and given this possibility - I am know looking for to a win by the Netherlands instead of that of my background - Italy.

You can be guaranteed that Holland's epic 5-1 win versus World and European football/soccer Champions Spain was followed/watched below decks in the crew bars of all fifteen HAL ships yesterday (satellite reception permitting) :) Due to the versatility of crew representing numerous nations around the world, crew will usually dress up in their nations national colors with lots of cheering going on

Even though a great win yesterday, Team "Oranje" (orange) still has a long way to go to reach that illusive final game and, if they make it, their record hs not been good, having been bridesmaids in 1974 - West Germany, 1978Argentina and four years ago in South Africa, so we shall see! If they make it, Yes, there will be special events on all ship for soccer fans; The Aussies are next on Wednesday ;)

VMax 1700 - that is classic - the best of both worlds - Avanti Nederland!

BTW - I see you are from Cork. We stopped in Cobh on the Rotterdam transatlantic in 2011 - I just want to say what a genuinely wonderful / nice / friendly bunch you Irish are. There are not enough words to describe how well we were treated by the locals. Cheers!

Glad you enjoyed our country! I found you Canadians to be wonderfully friendly and helpful, though I was on the west coast :cool:

France have just kicked off against Honduras. France beat Holland in a (friendly) match recently, so should be interesting...........

You can be guaranteed that Holland's epic 5-1 win versus World and European football/soccer Champions Spain was followed/watched below decks in the crew bars of all fifteen HAL ships yesterday (satellite reception permitting) :) Due to the versatility of crew representing numerous nations around the world, crew will usually dress up in their nations national colors with lots of cheering going on

Even though a great win yesterday, Team "Oranje" (orange) still has a long way to go to reach that illusive final game and, if they make it, their record hs not been good, having been bridesmaids in 1974 - West Germany, 1978Argentina and four years ago in South Africa, so we shall see! If they make it, Yes, there will be special events on all ship for soccer fans; The Aussies are next on Wednesday ;)

That sounds like fun! Hup Holland Hup!

Glad you enjoyed our country! I found you Canadians to be wonderfully friendly and helpful, though I was on the west coast :cool:

France have just kicked off against Honduras. France beat Holland in a (friendly) match recently, so should be interesting...........

Anything the Frenchies do in Brazil will be an upgrade over their disaster four years ago in SA :eek:

When The Dutch win the WC, all ships will stop their services onboard immediately. Officers and crewmembers disembark for a couple of days to party :D :D Me too!!! Tonight will be an important match against the Aussies.