I booked it! Now what?

MilaMiah

I finally did it. We are booked and paid for our very first cruise sailing the 29th of June. I'm starting to get excited. So much to do...

So now what? We are going with Carnival and I found where I'm supposed to print luggage tags and boarding passes. Is that all there is to do?

One other thing, we booked on special rate where our rooms are assigned by Carnival. One was already showing the room assignment as soon as we paid and the other is TBD. If it's TBD, and our luggage tags say such, how do they know where to take our stuff?

Hi. make sure you have all your passports and ID's in order. You will also want to make sure if you need any vaccines for the ports you are going to. Should be info ont eh cruiseline website. just cant remember teh website. Most of your carribean none are needed. You should be ablet o complete your check in online(do it early). You will need a pass to get on the ship. You will also need to print your cruise documents from your cruise line which will ahve all teh legal stuff and itineray etc.

You don't indicate where you live or where the ship sails from. You may need to make arrangements for getting to the port. If you are flying, you should consider flying in the day before. This makes for a much less stressful trip to the ship.

Go on the Carnival website, http://www.carnival.com. There's a FAQ section that will help answer your questions and guide you through printing the items you need to. Also will advise you on do's and don't's (what to take and what to leave home, suggested clothing for meals, etc.).

Also google each port. You'll find lots of tourism websites. You can also check on the weather conditions, too.

Not quite sure what you meant by: One was already showing the room assignment as soon as we paid and the other is TBD.

Are you saying you're in two cabins and one of you have it assigned but the other isn't?

Just make sure each name is on each luggage tag and also put your name inside each piece on luggage too. If you don't know your cabin ahead of time, the curbside check in area (where you give your luggage to the porters) should have a list of all the passengers and cabin assignments.

I would agree with the advice to get to your embarkation port at least a day ahead and stay at a local hotel the night before. If you live within an easy drive (we're an hour's drive from a port and we always start off mid-morning to get there), then you're fine. Just don't wait until afternoon to make your way to the port.

Also suggest you get travel insurance. We never cruise without travel insurance. Have never had to use it, thank heaven, but it is reassuring to know you have it, just in case. Even if everyone is healthy, you never know when there could be an accident. Hopefully there will be none but you never know

Enjoy your cruise.

I finally did it. We are booked and paid for our very first cruise sailing the 29th of June. I'm starting to get excited. So much to do...

So now what? We are going with Carnival and I found where I'm supposed to print luggage tags and boarding passes. Is that all there is to do?

One other thing, we booked on special rate where our rooms are assigned by Carnival. One was already showing the room assignment as soon as we paid and the other is TBD. If it's TBD, and our luggage tags say such, how do they know where to take our stuff?

Congrats on your 1st cruise! Here is a list I give all newbies to remember to take / do:

Air Freshener

Notebook for notes

Small clips to keep drapes closed

Small LED light for bathroom

Digital Clock

3 Plug adapter for outlets ( maybe 2)

Sanitizer wipes for balcony handles,remote, phone

List of meds to take: tummy meds, cold, headache, bandaids,etc

Shoe- holder ( for door), to keep things

Little fan for noise ; radio w/ sounds

Extension cord(s)

These are all good things to bring, since many cruise lines don't supply these items OR you should bring these along anyway..VERY IMPORTANT: Go to the Carnival reviews section on the home page, click "reviews" ( at the top), then click your ship you are sailing on & read reviews and start writing down tips on what to do, shows, places to eat, pool tips, ports of call ( more on that next) , anything you might be interested in...for what do in your ports of call, 2 things here: go to the Carnival website & look up the excursions available for each port ( if you want to try some..) ..OR go to the ports of call section on Cruise Critic and look up "ports of call" on the same page you find this thread ( towards the bottom) and click "Caribbean" or wherever you may be going...then read all the questions & comments regarding that port ( I.E., "Bahamas")..if you don't see what you want, POST yourself what you need to know, like," 1st time cruiser in Nassau with 2 kids, best beach options?" remember, your 1st cruise should be one of the most exciting vacations you will ever take...no work, no cooking( but plenty of eating, LOL..) , entertainment, great service, and most important: you are AT SEA, on YOUR FIRST CRUISE...I hope you have a balcony for the optimal cruise experience..any questions, let me know...Happy Cruising!!

Big Al

• 3 weeks later...

Yes,print them out.

When you arrive and check in they will know the cabin number, Do check each day for any up dates on the other cabin..

Yes,print them out.

When you arrive and check in they will know the cabin number, Do check each day for any up dates on the other cabin..

OP left for their cruise on Sunday. Assume this was sorted out.