Past Guest Offer with Choice of Stateroom...What???

Well, it's not a freebie, the whole family got one. I did the same thinking checking rates for now and next year. Haven't a clue. Thought maybe it was something to do with the staterooms, but it made no difference in price either.

I see that some of the cruises leave next week so maybe instead of a Pack & Go rate you can choose your stateroom without an additional fee? Good grief. What a way to spin a deal. NOT!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

I had one, too. Nothing special about it as far as my research shows. I figure they keep coming up with new ways to show some "special" rate just to keep you looking and hopefully will book one of them...sometimes you can go on priceline and get better perks or bonus for booking through them as well.:rolleyes:

Seems like everyone has that lame offer in their folder......NOT "special" at all for us since we book balconies and I wouldn't even want to go 2 decks up to be under the lido/pool....no thank you CCL! I think they are lamely attempting to try to fool us ALL by thinking "I got an offer too".....NOT!!

Does anyone else have this offer under their VIFP offers? And am I missing something...cause this doesn't look like a special offer at all. And I was hoping it was my free cruise >:(

edy6asem.jpg

Me too:(

Yep, I got it too, and got an e-mail for the first time EVER...thought "oh maybe finally I am going to get one of those free or deep discounted cruises"...PFFT...Nothing, Nada, Nil.....but I did get to read somewhere about the SECOND FREE CRUISE for someone on another site.....REALLY Carnival....people are getting 2 and 3 free or deeply discounted cruises and some of us out here would just like a bone thrown our way.....:rolleyes:

At the risk of being drawn and quartered I have a comment...

I received the offer for a nearly free cruise that was good for two cruises. Unfortunatly I was only able to utilize one of them. My wife, on the other hand, is Platinum and I've checked her account everyday to see if the same offer pops up and it doesn't. I cannot seem to put 2 and 2 together to see how these offers are doled out. Random luck? I don't know. The good part is that she is able to take advantage of it anyway because I got it but she is still a bit miffed about it. 10 past cruises and a big gambler got her the same old thing that's not really a special.

At the risk of being drawn and quartered I have a comment...

I received the offer for a nearly free cruise that was good for two cruises. Unfortunatly I was only able to utilize one of them. My wife, on the other hand, is Platinum and I've checked her account everyday to see if the same offer pops up and it doesn't. I cannot seem to put 2 and 2 together to see how these offers are doled out. Random luck? I don't know. The good part is that she is able to take advantage of it anyway because I got it but she is still a bit miffed about it. 10 past cruises and a big gambler got her the same old thing that's not really a special.

I'm nearly DOUBLE MILESTONE, and have yet to get any kind of a really special offer, let alone a FREEBEE. I don't know how the selection is made, as to who does, and doesn't get the deals. I too received the wonderful offer noted by the OP. Nothing special about it at all?????

"SKY"

Got excited for a few minutes until I searched and found nothing different. I'm not sure what this past guest offer is. We usually choose our stateroom when we book a cruise anyway. So, yea...um...huh? Thanks for trying. lol

This has been on my VIFP, and the page of those family members that I book for/assist since January. There's no special pricing, obi, or deals hen using this link over doing a general search from the main webpage, and using your VIFP number, residency, senior or military status.

I just find it hard to believe there isn't SOME sort of algorithm their computer system is using to select individuals for the free cruise offers. I know someone else posted maybe it has to do with already having a cruise booked or not, but I never received an offer when I went over a year without having a cruise booked.

Yep, I got it too, and got an e-mail for the first time EVER...thought "oh maybe finally I am going to get one of those free or deep discounted cruises"...PFFT...Nothing, Nada, Nil.....but I did get to read somewhere about the SECOND FREE CRUISE for someone on another site.....REALLY Carnival....people are getting 2 and 3 free or deeply discounted cruises and some of us out here would just like a bone thrown our way.....:rolleyes:

Some are saying that the way the cruises are given out is via a lottery or randomly.

If that is the case i suggest the people have have gotten multiple free cruises go out and buy some powerball tickets.

Bill

You took the words right outta my mouth!!! Just a morsel would be nice!

Some are saying that the way the cruises are given out is via a lottery or randomly.

If that is the case i suggest the people have have gotten multiple free cruises go out and buy some powerball tickets.

Bill

THIS!!!

Does anyone else have this offer under their VIFP offers? And am I missing something...cause this doesn't look like a special offer at all. And I was hoping it was my free cruise >:(

edy6asem.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw mine. And yes I got it yesterday too. I also noticed there is a link to a brand new set of rules. And that is a very long page of restrictions where you have to agree to give up your first-born child and all future warm fuzzies you might encounter. Lol. I mean, really!?!? I see nothing there that makes me feel the love.

http://www.carnival.com/popups/bookingengine/Reservation-terms-and-Conditions.aspx

Edited by winddawn

I'm nearly DOUBLE MILESTONE, and have yet to get any kind of a really special offer, let alone a FREEBEE. I don't know how the selection is made, as to who does, and doesn't get the deals. I too received the wonderful offer noted by the OP. Nothing special about it at all?????

"SKY"

You're right, sky! There is something wrong with this picture. Carnival does not choose to reward it's loyal customers. I've got 23 Carnival cruises under my belt and have 2 more booked, and I haven't gotten any warm fuzzies from Carnival either. I guess Carnival thinks we're easy money. Lol.

Edited by winddawn

We're going on our 40th cruise on Sunday and have two more booked and are Diamond. We see the same offer which is nothing special and isn't even the best rate. No freebies for us and we have the statement that we have no special offers at the top of the page. Who knows how people get chosen for these offers.