Favorite Food on NCL

josephml1

The mushroom soup at LeBistro is to die!! I missed it last trip because we had all the kiddos. I also forgot that I could have ordered some up to our suite. Oh well, I guess that means I need to book another

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Norwegian Ceasar Salad in the MDR with extra cheese and the green tea ice cream in Tenppanyaki !

June 6 to June 13 2015 -

Norwegian Jewel to Alaska

Oct. 26 to Nov.2 2013- Disney Wonder to The Bahamas

June 1 to June 8 2013 - Norwegian Jewel to Alaska

Escargot, filet mignon and crème brulee in Cagney's. The crêpes with real melted milk chocolate and whipped cream in the buffet and the Lavazza lattes in our suite.

I have to admit that when I saw cruiser ninja 1 mention they liked the green tea ice cream until I had to laugh. I tried it and really did not care for it at all. In fact it was the thing I really didn't like and I remember asking our waitress who really likes that stuff? And she said tons of people do! Just goes to show you how many different tastes there are in the world :-).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Escargot, filet mignon and crème brulee in Cagney's. The crêpes with real melted milk chocolate and whipped cream in the buffet and the Lavazza lattes in our suite.

I have to admit that when I saw cruiser ninja 1 mention they liked the green tea ice cream until I had to laugh. I tried it and really did not care for it at all. In fact it was the thing I really didn't like and I remember asking our waitress who really likes that stuff? And she said tons of people do! Just goes to show you how many different tastes there are in the world :-).

We can agree on the Escargot! It's delicious :)

ImageUploadedByForums1403714468.858471.jpg.685f33defa2c260c65c048af94ff72ca.jpg

Cruiserninja1 I knew you had great taste!

JMHAM1 - is there a charge when you order room service from the specialty restaurants? Or if you want just one item? Is the cist different if you are in a suite?

ITsbeen many years for me so I cant remember. I did watch a fellow cruisers review on youtube and I must say the food he showed all looked appetizing. He showed some sort of ham and cheese or maybe it was peperoni in a croissant. :)

They are kind of like mushroom feel on outside, but they are much denser and chewier, I guess, than a mushroom. They really are tasty. The ones at Le Bistro are really good, but absolutely no different than any escargot I've had at any other restaurant, so don't go there just for that.

If you have to choose one specialty Restaurant, choose one and why?

It's hard to choose just one between Moderno and Le Bistro. I love them both. But I think I will give the nod to Moderno. Mostly becuase it is more laid back, and I love the salad bar. Along with all of the other items, of course! My very favorite being the friend bananas.

But....the tenderloin in Le Bistro is SO good! And the creme brulee! See my dilemma here? :o:D

I was on the Gem last month. While getting back on board after a day in port we were offered chocolate covered grapes. They were covered in very high quality chocolate.

Mmmm! I would love to try those!

I was on the Gem last month. While getting back on board after a day in port we were offered chocolate covered grapes. They were covered in very high quality chocolate.

Now those sound like a real incentive to get back to the ship on time!:D

I've been on 3 Norwegian cruises. I thought the food, in general, was very good. I specialty dined only once in the "La Bistro" and I thought it was wonderful.

Every time I take an NCL cruise in the future, I will want to allocate one night for "La Bistro".

I also hear "Cagney's" is great, and I will definitely want to try that next time too. But "La Bistro" is a must!!!

I've been on 3 Norwegian cruises. I thought the food, in general, was very good. I specialty dined only once in the "La Bistro" and I thought it was wonderful.

Every time I take an NCL cruise in the future, I will want to allocate one night for "La Bistro".

I also hear "Cagney's" is great, and I will definitely want to try that next time too. But "La Bistro" is a must!!!

I agree! Le Bistro is a must !