Favorite Food on NCL

josephml1

It's hard to choose just one between Moderno and Le Bistro. I love them both. But I think I will give the nod to Moderno. Mostly becuase it is more laid back, and I love the salad bar. Along with all of the other items, of course! My very favorite being the friend bananas.

But....the tenderloin in Le Bistro is SO good! And the creme brulee! See my dilemma here? :o:D

Us the same, we love both restaurants. Moderno's meats are so good and the salad bar is one of a kind. But then you think of the tenderloin and the escargot, plus crème brulee in Le Bistro. Of course we have always been very happy with the Asian restaurants as well.

Now, there are a few other things I think NCL does well: in the main dining room I love the Salmon which is on the "always available" menu. I also like the salad bar at the buffet. And for those who are used to eating breakfast and lunch in Cagney's the shrimp cocktail and the crab cakes are really yummy, but I know, not many do get to experience eating there during the breakfast/lunch meals.

We loved the Shanghai Chinese restaurant on the Epic (and it was nearly always empty.) Their Kung Po chicken was the best I've had and the 3 x creme brulee dessert was just fantastic.

That's great to hear. I have a reservation there for our upcoming cruise because the menu looked great. I don't read much about it since it's not on all the ships, and the BA/GA only have an abbreviated version (the Noodle Bar).

Exactly this ^.

But I did love the steak in the Manhattan Room, the chicken pot pie in O'Sheehan's, the hard hand scooped ice cream with warm caramel sauce in the buffet and EVERYTHING for breakfast!!

Anything when it comes to booze, which is liquid food, right??

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Exactly this ^.

But I did love the steak in the Manhattan Room, the chicken pot pie in O'Sheehan's, the hard hand scooped ice cream with warm caramel sauce in the buffet and EVERYTHING for breakfast!!

Anything when it comes to booze, which is liquid food, right??

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

So what do you think of NCL meatballs?

Crepes -- Lemon and blueberry with choloclate drizzled on top and whipped cream.

Pretzel rolls, chicken pot pie at O'Sheehans, pretzel rolls, the cabbage soup at O'Sheehans, the fresh fruit offered on the room service menu, the cheese cake at O'Sheehans.

I forgot my favorite food! It is the portobello mushroom appetizer. I even took a picture of the recipe during the Jewel kitchen tour that we got with our Chef's Table experience.

IMG_3867.jpg

My favorite as well. Can't wait til I have it on the Gem in 3 weeks. Also the sugar free panna cotta yummmmmmm!

Pretzel rolls and made to order dessert crêpes in the buffet.

Crème Brule where ever I can find it.

French toast in Cagney's for breakfast.

DH loves the shrimp cocktail in Cagney's at lunch & dinner.

Oh, and I almost forgot the carrot cake in Cagney's at lunch.

And I did forget the fish & chips and brownie sundae in Blue Lagoon.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

When I cruise.....I have the smoked salmon every day..(love when they put a fresh tray out on the buffet )..!! If at Cagneys for lunch...chow down on shrimp cocktail (DH allergic to shrimp..so it is a treat to have it when there)...

The dessert crepe are really good at the buffet and love the chocolate croissants. Love the salad bar at Moderno's..!!

Pretzel rolls!!!

We would stop by the buffet every nite after we ate dinner somewhere else and get some pretzel rolls for dessert !!

Where do they serve chicken pot pie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Sheehan's on the Getaway and/or Breakaway.

Sent from my iPad Air using Forums

Edited by SailingRNC

• 1 month later...