another soda question, but on the Solstice

Ballard67

Sorry folks, i know the drink package gets beat to death, i just have my own question. So I am just looking for the soda, only soda package, since the juice and coffee are included in the cost. If I decided to go out of pocket is it 3.00 for a can or bottle?. Now i drink about three bottles a day. So just trying to weigh out the difference.

Buy a 12 pack (or two!) of your favorite soda, put a couple of loops of duct tape around it, (them) and slap a luggage tag on it. ;)

It will be delivered to your stateroom with the rest of you luggage, and save you $30. :)

Celebrity has cans of soda and are about $3 (I can't remember if that includes tip or not). The cans are served ice cold and are available from just about any bar or dining room on the ship (though selection may vary).

If you drink 3 a day, I'd go for the soda package. It's also easy to get a couple of extra and keep them in your cabin fridge.

Buy a 12 pack (or two!) of your favorite soda, put a couple of loops of duct tape around it, (them) and slap a luggage tag on it. ;)

It will be delivered to your stateroom with the rest of you luggage, and save you $30. :)

DH always does this if he doesn't have one of the alcohol drink packages, although we tend to just carry it on. Easy and inexpensive. He is an obsessive Diet Coke drinker, so we often need to re-stock at one or more of the ports. Sometimes he has a bit of a challenge finding diet (or 'lite') products on land in the Caribbean but he always finds something, and much cheaper than $3 a can:)

Sorry folks, i know the drink package gets beat to death, i just have my own question. So I am just looking for the soda, only soda package, since the juice and coffee are included in the cost. If I decided to go out of pocket is it 3.00 for a can or bottle?. Now i drink about three bottles a day. So just trying to weigh out the difference.

From the web site:

Enjoy unlimited sodas during the duration of your cruise. Simply present your SeaPass® Card at any bar, lounge, or restaurant to receive your canned or fountain soda of choice. *Starting from: 8.00 USD Per NIGHT

From here it looks like the pkg is more cost effective.

Thanks everyone! !, I would love to say o am not theassive soda drinker lol,,,,, ya but I am lol. I don't drink or smoke so this is my bad habbit, I guess lol. Thanks "wallie5446" for the info on the soda package, I finally found it last night, by the way I could not get to the order fourm on the celebrity site, it just brought me back to my celeberty. I am going to order it, I can drink my weight in soda, sadly. 8.00 a day that's a no brainer. Also I like the idea from "phoenix dream" so I slso want to bring plastic bottle soda and water how much can I bring. My wife does not drink soda. I van bring the bottle soda for shore exrusion.

Diet Coke-aholic here :)

We brought/checked a 12-pack of soda pop, and we also had the soda only package. Here's the thing: the in-room fridge does NOT keep things cold. Even an ice cold can from the bar lost it's "cold" in just a few hours in the mini fridge. If "cold" is a must for your soda, I would suggest the package. Just a heads up.

Also, each time we ordered a soda from the bar, we were always offered a glass of ice with the drink. Usually, we declined as the cans were ice cold and perfect.

Thanks everyone! !, I would love to say o am not theassive soda drinker lol,,,,, ya but I am lol. I don't drink or smoke so this is my bad habbit, I guess lol. Thanks "wallie5446" for the info on the soda package, I finally found it last night, by the way I could not get to the order fourm on the celebrity site, it just brought me back to my celeberty. I am going to order it, I can drink my weight in soda, sadly. 8.00 a day that's a no brainer. Also I like the idea from "phoenix dream" so I slso want to bring plastic bottle soda and water how much can I bring. My wife does not drink soda. I van bring the bottle soda for shore exrusion.

I'm also a soda drinker.. and I buy the non-alcoholic package. It also includes water, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee or hot chocolate in Cafe Al Bacio in the morning. :)

To keep things cold, ask the cabin steward for a champagne bucket of ice and to have it kept iced with the 2 times a day service. A champagne bucket will hold 4 or so cans of soda. Then use the normal ice bucket just for ice for icing your beverage in a glass.

so they pre load your refrigerator with alcohol? ya i would ask them to remove them. Me and the wife do not drink!. So what I was thinking of doing was getting a case(24 cans) from Costco o DT Pepsi or dt coke and a couple of big bottles of water. She can just refill them from the faucet. She does not want to bring a case of water.

so they pre load your refrigerator with alcohol? ya i would ask them to remove them. Me and the wife do not drink!. So what I was thinking of doing was getting a case(24 cans) from Costco o DT Pepsi or dt coke and a couple of big bottles of water. She can just refill them from the faucet. She does not want to bring a case of water.

They aren't "refrigerators" they are mini-bar coolers like many hotels use stocked with beverages and snack items. They really don't keep things very cold at all.

You can have for cabin steward refresh your ice daily, I always had ice cubes in mine except for when sleeping overnight it would melt but still be cold. Steward would refill the ice when making the bed in morning and again when refreshing the cabin at night. See my prior post about asking for a champagne bucket... :-)

Diet Pepsi-aholic here :-) but on my last cruise, much to my dismay, I noticed the diet coke had lost it's sweetness much of the time. Probably from being stored at a hot temperature at some point. I hope Celebrity is working on fixing that. I had read the same complaint on a review prior to my sailing and was hoping it was a rare occurrence, but sure enough, the soda on our last sailing lacked it's sweet flavor. It was a disappointment. The first diet coke I had after we disembarked was at the airport and I couldn't believe the difference!

I've seen passengers wandering the halls carrying ice buckets looking for tge ice machines, the kind you see in hotels. Celebrity doesn't have them. But you can get your ice bucket replenished by calling your steward, or fill glasses of ice at the buffet but it might be tricky to carry several back to your room to refill your ice bucket.

• 1 month later...

Another question on the Soda package:

Does it also include water / Club Soda? I´ve read reviews here stating that Canada Dry Club Soda is included but the Celebrity website states that Coca Cola sodas are included. Is water (carbonated or non-carobonated) included in the Soda package? I understand it will not be the bottled premium water - but that´s not what I´m looking for, anyway.

Another question on the Soda package:

Does it also include water / Club Soda? I´ve read reviews here stating that Canada Dry Club Soda is included but the Celebrity website states that Coca Cola sodas are included. Is water (carbonated or non-carobonated) included in the Soda package? I understand it will not be the bottled premium water - but that´s not what I´m looking for, anyway.

Bottled non carbonated water is not included in the package, but club soda as well as plain seltzer is.

For this reason, I think the soda package is the best value on the ship for anyone who regularly drinks carbonated beverages.