Have you ever slept all night outside on a public deck?

63galaxie

My favorite time on the ship is right before sunrise with a cup a coffee out up top aft

Every morning I met / well watched this guy waking up out there

By the forth day I asked him if he was sleeping g there all nite

He said he was staying in an interior room with five people and it was hell

By choice (or not), have you ever slept all night on a public deck outside?

There was a post of an aft balcony on a fantasy class ship (after they added the balconies there) of someone on the lounge with a blanket and pillow who had obviously been there all night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My favorite time on the ship is right before sunrise with a cup a coffee out up top aft

Every morning I met / well watched this guy waking up out there

By the forth day I asked him if he was sleeping g there all nite

He said he was staying in an interior room with five people and it was hell

I don't blame him! I'd at least find a couch on the promenade deck though;)

our teens 14 and 17 at the time did sleep on deck one night they had asked permission of one of the security officers and they sent them to guest services who called us to ask and make sure we would know where they were and said if any problems they would be in their cabin for remainder of cruise.. they said it was just like camping.. they had wanted to sleep in our yard but we live about 2 miles from Neuvo Laredo, mx so it is not safe to do here

our teens 14 and 17 at the time did sleep on deck one night they had asked permission of one of the security officers and they sent them to guest services who called us to ask and make sure we would know where they were and said if any problems they would be in their cabin for remainder of cruise.. they said it was just like camping.. they had wanted to sleep in our yard but we live about 2 miles from Neuvo Laredo, mx so it is not safe to do here

I imagine it to be similar to camping out under the stars.

Kind of good to know it's not against any rules.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

By choice (or not), have you ever slept all night on a public deck outside?

When I started cruising, that was one of my plans, at least to rest under the stars, and taking a nice extended nap. So I was horrified when I found the stack and tie up all the loungers at night.

That's cHanged over the years with MUTS and the Serenity areas, but it's no longer become a want to, as I prefer the sanctity of my own balcony.

I never slept outside of my cabin. My sister friend had to sleep in a public area not by choice. She was on that Splendor Cruise, before we get all the rumors running again. Her friend told us it was not a good situation, but they made the best of it, what we read on these boards, heard on the news was not how it was. Not something she would want to experience again.

Yep sure did. In March 2013 while cruising on the Carnival Freedom I went up the Serenity Deck one night after a show and I laid down in one of the clam shell chairs. I woke up around 5:30 am when they were starting to wash the deck down.

It was so peaceful sleeping up there under the stars

Yep! I did it back in the 80s! Spent all night partying out on the deck and just fell asleep on one of the loungers. It was lots of fun. It was during my high school's 20th reunion cruise and, "No, I wasn't drunk!" I didn't just pass out, we were just having so much fun we stayed out there all night (my BFF and I). Good times! At my age I wouldn't do that again but at the time it was just a spontaneous fun thing to do.:D

Yep!! Me and hubby did it last month on the Serenity deck of the Pride. Hubby had the crazy idea one night so we took our pillows and blanket and off we went. We actually really enjoyed it.. Nice and quiet and the air was wonderful.. A few people popped up every now and then for a sec. A crew member was hosing off the deck and glass & when he seen us he actually apologized for disturbing us.

It was fun to do something we've never done on a cruise before.. And best part is - we were actually able to get into one of those infamous clamshells that we've been trying (unsuccessfully) for all week ;)

Edited by PA2CRUISE

Yes I have... My buddy and I had quite the night of partying. Decided the walk to our cabin was impossibly far and laid down in a chair. He awoke and went back to the cabin around sunrise. I, however, managed to sleep into the morning and awoke to people sun bathing around me while im still in my going out clothes from previous night. And being a man, waking up in the morning, I have to say it was a little...awkward.

Yes I have... My buddy and I had quite the night of partying. Decided the walk to our cabin was impossibly far and laid down in a chair. He awoke and went back to the cabin around sunrise. I, however, managed to sleep into the morning and awoke to people sun bathing around me while im still in my going out clothes from previous night. And being a man, waking up in the morning, I have to say it was a little...awkward.

Awkward, like your post? TMI!!!!