World Cup: Much Ado About....Nothing.

Toranut97

Recently there was a long thread about O being cheapskate and not broadcasting the World Cup.

According to Computerworks (Ron) in post #16 of his thread "Live from the Riviera - Barcelona to Istanbul", the games are available to view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067019

He writes in post #16 of that thread:

"(Much ado about nothing earlier... we were able to see ALL the World Cup games onboard...thanks, boss.)"

After all the abuse O took in that thread, I thought the record should be set straight.

Donna

Some here felt that if Oceania had the games on TV it would turn the ship into a sports bar full of drunks and shouting fans, ruin the atmosphere for ever. I wonder if that happened.

Ha! Since my teams washed out early, I saved the body paint for another time.

Thanks for bringing this up... Yes, we got to watch every game onboard.

No public venues were harmed in the process.

Thanks to O corporate...it was very much appreciated.

Two games left... the Runner-up game and then the Final. I hope the final is shown in the Lounge or topside on the LCD wall.

+1.

Best final for me would have been Brazil - Holland (with Holland finally winning its first cup).

Oh well.....

After watching them beat up on Messi all day long and their similar performance four years ago, I was happy that Argentina won. Looking forward to an excellent final.

We got off the Marina yesterday. All the games were available in the rooms and in the concierge lounge but on German tv. It was easy enough for fans to understand what was happening. One night there was a group watching in the concierge lounge but it was certainly not rowdy. I agree that that long thread ended up being much ado about nothing.

We had a wonderful time, Toranut. Per usual, outstanding service, culinary experiences and destinations. Basking in the afterglow now....sigh.

Oh, I know... I just keep waiting for that nice man with the tray of baked goods to come to the table.... and some mixed fresh berries to start my day... Hah....!

Glad you enjoyed. We are counting down already to our next trip in April!

Donna

Recently there was a long thread about O being cheapskate and not broadcasting the World Cup.

According to Computerworks (Ron) in post #16 of his thread "Live from the Riviera - Barcelona to Istanbul", the games are available to view.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067019

He writes in post #16 of that thread:

"(Much ado about nothing earlier... we were able to see ALL the World Cup games onboard...thanks, boss.)"

After all the abuse O took in that thread, I thought the record should be set straight.

Donna

I think the reason that O finally showed the remaining games on the ship is because of all the abuse they got. Without all the negative postings there would have been no games on TV. Good going to all who posted early on !!!

We got off the Marina yesterday. All the games were available in the rooms and in the concierge lounge but on German tv. It was easy enough for fans to understand what was happening. One night there was a group watching in the concierge lounge but it was certainly not rowdy. I agree that that long thread ended up being much ado about nothing.

Yes...it is on a German sports channel.