Put down deposit before 1,2,3 Promo! Can we get it now?

Scotts73

You shouldn't have to cancel and rebook. I have added it to bookings in the past with no issue. If the cabin rate is the same you will be good to go, if your cabin rate has increased you have to take the current rate. The only thing I would look at is if you booked since it started (i.e. June 2) and it wasn't added I would fight for them to add it without any change in rate since it should have been added (unless you got some other type of resident rate or something that is not combinable with the 123 GO sale).

Already paid our deposit for the Reflection 10 night - 2015. Now I see Celebrity is offering the 1,2,3 Promotion. Are we able to qualify for this promo? Thanks:D

We had booked our trip before the 123 Promo. Promo came out and we called. Had to give up our $100 OBC for booking on board which was not a big deal to get the free beverage package! Did not have to cancel and rebook. Not sure it works that way now, but it did when we had it for our April Summit

I was able to add it last week to a cruise booked before 123 Go came out. My rate hadn't changed so they just added it. The rep did drop my early booking OBC which can be combined with another offer so I had to call back and have it reinstated. If you have any other promotions ask how they are affected.

I just called our TA and rebooked at the current rate in order to get the promotion. We ended up with a little more onboard credit, but $1100 difference in price for a 2B veranda cabin (two adults and two teens). I divided the $1100 by 4 for 14 nights and it came out to $19.64 per person. I figured if we adults got a latte, a glass of wine at dinner and an after dinner drink, and the girls got a soda, juice, hot chocolate, we would come out ahead.

Putting it down on paper helped me to decide that rebooking at the higher rate was the best choice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This web page list Celebrity's policy for changing to a lower price or for a request to add or change an Added Value Offer (i.e. a new promotion):

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

According to this as long as you are before final payment date you can get a current promotional offer added but your cruise fare will be increased, or decreased, to the current prices that go along with the current promotion.

Edited by Lsimon

I just called our TA and rebooked at the current rate in order to get the promotion. We ended up with a little more onboard credit, but $1100 difference in price for a 2B veranda cabin (two adults and two teens). I divided the $1100 by 4 for 14 nights and it came out to $19.64 per person. I figured if we adults got a latte, a glass of wine at dinner and an after dinner drink, and the girls got a soda, juice, hot chocolate, we would come out ahead.

Putting it down on paper helped me to decide that rebooking at the higher rate was the best choice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I actually think you got RIPPED.

$1100 difference is a lot of latte's and juice. Hope it goes better for you on your next booking.

When did you originally book? If you booked before May 31 you would have fallen under the World Traveler promotion which was combine able with one other offer. If you booked in June/July 123 was already the promotion. I think it has been around since June 1

It was booked prior to May 31. My FIL booked it so I don't know if there was a promotion at that time.

I'm really OK with the difference, because for 14 nights, 4 people, it's less than $20 per person per night. We would have purchased at least that amount ala carte for lattes, a glass of wine at dinner and an after dinner drink or two. With the OBC, our gratuities are taken care of, and we have an additional $295 in OBC.

$1100 difference is a lot of latte's and juice. Hope it goes better for you on your next booking.

You'd be surprised how fast beverage tabs run up on 14 day cruise for a family of 4.

Adults Classic : $49 x 2 people X 14 nights = $1372 plus 15% = $1577.80

Kids classic: $16 x 2 x 14 = $448 + 15% = $512.20

Total value is $2,090

So paying an extra $1100 nets them $990 in value.

Adults let's say get a latte for $7, class of wine at dinner $9, 2 small martinis at martini for $9, frozen drink at pool for $9 and 2 cokes during the day for $3.50 they are at $50 for the day versus the $49 value pre-gratuity. Even if they had half these drinks, they are "break even": to the extra $1100 payment, so they have room to "overindulge" now.

Like the poster said, it seems silly outright, but when you sit and run the math, it becomes a bit more clear.

Edited by cle-guy

You'd be surprised how fast beverage tabs run up on 14 day cruise for a family of 4.

Like the poster said, it seems silly outright, but when you sit and run the math, it becomes a bit more clear.

Thanks, Curt. Before I called the TA, I put the numbers into a spreadsheet, and then conservatively estimated what we might spend, based on past cruises, for drinks. Fourteen days does add up! It made sense to me to do it this way, and I look forward to being able relax and not worry about the mounting cost.

We'll probably use some of the OBC we have left to upgrade the girls' packages to premium because they do like to have smoothies and other non-alcoholic drinks.

We'll be able to walk off the ship without a big VISA bill to come home to -- you know, it's so much fun to order drinks and buy souvenirs with wild abandon -- then there's that sobering minute when you see the final bill!

Curt, you were the one on another thread who suggested I look at rebooking to compare the beverage package to purchasing ala cart, and it was good advice.

JoAnn

Called Celebrity, asked if I could add the promo...no go. (because we booked in April) Then I asked to cancel and re-book, and he seemed very confused. I just said if he can't add the promo, then I want to cancel and re-book our cruise WITH the promo. He didn't speak English very well, so maybe he wasn't understanding what I wanted to do :confused: Anyway, I will call back later and try again with someone else.

Don't understand how you can say they "got ripped". Sounds like they did the math and found it worked in their favor.

Just because the cost wouldn't be worth it to you doesn't mean it isn't for other people. In general, the beverage packages are not worth it for everyone but for some people they are a great even at full price - and in this example they were getting them at a discount.

We got lucky when we did it. We booked at a really low price and then got the promo added to it so we made out like bandits having free drinks all week.

Then I booked onboard for another Celebrity when they offered the promo so we are going on Silhouette in Dec 2015 and we have $100 OBC and the free bev pkg for the 2 of us. Got a great price PP for the cruise and add the additions and it is a win/win for us:)