Lotus Spa Prices

alwayslisad

Go to the Cruise Personalizer for your voyage. Select Lotus Spa, and you can review the services offered and the prices. I looked them up for our March 14, 2015 cruise and they are shown.

Absolutely correct, that is your best source. When making your decision keep in mind that in addition to prices that are significantly higher than land based prices for things like massages and hair services, you will also get a high pressure sales pitch to buy their products while the services are being performed. On the up side is that you will find some services that you normally don't get at home.

If you decide you want the services you can reserve them on the personalizer, just pay close attention to the cancellation policy. Enjoy! :)

Agree - wait and book the specials on board!

I do not say anything until I am finished, then politely say, sorry, I do not want to have a sales pitch. I worry that I will not get the same service if I am to vocal before my treatment.

Some ports, the treatments ashore are a better value, depending on your plans.

• 3 months later...

Please, does anyone know if there is an indoor pool in the Lotus Spa Area with a closed roof to protect users from sunburn, that also has a rail fitted to the steps leading into the pool? I have seen this set-up in the Europe 2015 Brochure. Due to disability I would be on walking sticks, and changing in the Spa, are there changing facilities? Is there a cost to use the pool?

Thanks for your help. Trying to gather as much info. on possible cruises costs to maximise my budget and priorities.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I used the salon on The Grand about a week ago to get my hair shampooed and styled, no cut. The price was $35+tip, for a total of $40.25.

They did a great job, IMO.

Edited by bigenna

They have now added gratuities to the prices, but I don't think that it is included in the prices you see in the personalizer.

I pre-book and then if they have a special, they will allow you to switch your appointment to take advantage of the special without any trouble.

I'm usually so relaxed after a treatment, I just let them go through the spiel if they want :). If they start getting too insistent, I just remind them that I can't buy anything else until I finish packing and weighing my bags to make sure I don't go over the airline's limits. :cool:

Thanks for the answers so far. Has anyone here pre-booked a service recently? If the Personalizer stated a price of, say, $150, were you charged $150 in the end plus whatever tip you chose to give? or did it work like airplane tickets and have extra charges tacked on? An extra 20% over and beyond tip would definitely drive me to look for something onshore.

• 7 months later...
Please, does anyone know if there is an indoor pool in the Lotus Spa Area with a closed roof to protect users from sunburn, that also has a rail fitted to the steps leading into the pool? I have seen this set-up in the Europe 2015 Brochure. Due to disability I would be on walking sticks, and changing in the Spa, are there changing facilities? Is there a cost to use the pool?

Thanks for your help. Trying to gather as much info. on possible cruises costs to maximise my budget and priorities.

Crochet: I came to this thread looking for salon prices and saw your question. I have seen your posts on other threads and know your sailing is a long way off...so if no one has answered your questions yet, here are the answers.

There is a pool in the Lotus Spa area on all ships (except maybe Regal & Royal, they have the Retreat Pool). The pool is free and adults only.

You have to negotiate stairs to get to the pool, there is a rail. There are also stairs to get into the pool, there is a rail.

The pool is not indoors, but there is a shaded area on both sides (depending on where the sun is at any given time) and there are very nice lounges there.

There is a shower/changing room in a hallway in the Lotus Spa (open to anyone).

Thanks for the answers so far. Has anyone here pre-booked a service recently? If the Personalizer stated a price of, say, $150, were you charged $150 in the end plus whatever tip you chose to give? or did it work like airplane tickets and have extra charges tacked on? An extra 20% over and beyond tip would definitely drive me to look for something onshore.

If I remember correctly its 15% gratuity that's added on to any stated price. It's their tip, not a service charge. So if you normally tip 20% or so you will add a small amount to your final bill.

Crochet: I came to this thread looking for salon prices and saw your question. I have seen your posts on other threads and know your sailing is a long way off...so if no one has answered your questions yet, here are the answers.

There is a pool in the Lotus Spa area on all ships (except maybe Regal & Royal, they have the Retreat Pool). The pool is free and adults only.

You have to negotiate stairs to get to the pool, there is a rail. There are also stairs to get into the pool, there is a rail.

The pool is not indoors, but there is a shaded area on both sides (depending on where the sun is at any given time) and there are very nice lounges there.

There is a shower/changing room in a hallway in the Lotus Spa (open to anyone).

THANK YOU! Another friend has recommended I wear a rashie so my back is protected against sunburn-I'm no contortionist! The original cruise was cancelled, but I've managed to book 11/11/2016 WITH an extra night and some On Board Credit from Princess for the inconvenience of the cancelled cruise. My cheeky TA laughed, "More Cocktails to try!" And a chance at a game of Bingo! I already have a pair of cheap rubber sandals that I intend to wear in the pool so I feel safe on my feet-never been comfortable walking on a damp surface-a fall would possibly mess up my independence as I have Osteoporosis and have needed 2 years of prescribed medication to get the risk under control, so now MOST diligent about following Dr's orders! Most purchases have been made, it's only the last-minute consumables that still need to be budgeted for, and am now concentrating on the Souvenirs; Cocktails; Speciality Evening Dining; Photographs as mementos-never could take a good "Selfie!", gifts and Internet to be saved for. I'm getting the minimum Internet package as I have a website I check daily to accrue points and get free samples at scheduled times, and writing the report onto the laptop and posting when I get back to the Melbourne hotel with time to concentrate!