Priority Line at Customer Service

You do realize that Platinum on CCL does not equate to Platinum on RCL? Platinum on RCL is only the 2nd loyalty level. From my understanding, Diamond (the 4th loyalty level) is much more similar in cruising "points" to Platinum on CCL. No wonder you gt much different benefits on both lines.

Not only that, the loyalty program run by RCI doesn’t reward moneys spent with the company.

You get one point for every night on board, not for the amount you spend on a cruise.

I notice that most of the D and D+ are from sunny Florida.

So I guess that those who are able to pick up the bargains at say, $275 for a last minute inside for 7 nights, are getting the same points as a European, and others, who are being charged in the region of $2000 for the same cruise, but need to book early in order to fix flights etc.

Maybe RCI should avoid discrimination and reward cruise spendage instead, then you would see far more D+ from outside the US, or give us the opportunity of cruising many times a year at silly prices.

Not only that, the loyalty program run by RCI doesn’t reward moneys spent with the company.

You get one point for every night on board, not for the amount you spend on a cruise.

So I guess that those who are able to pick up the bargains at say, $275 for a last minute inside for 7 nights, are getting the same points as a European, and others, who are being charged in the region of $2000 for the same cruise, but need to book early in order to fix flights etc.

Maybe RCI should avoid discrimination and reward cruise spendage instead, then you would see far more D+ from outside the US, or give us the opportunity of cruising many times a year at silly prices.

How is giving everyone the same amount of points for the number of nights spent aboard the ship discrimination? Maybe if they gave US passengers double the number of points as people from other countries for the nights spent aboard you might have a point.

How is giving everyone the same amount of points for the number of nights spent aboard the ship discrimination? Maybe if they gave US passengers double the number of points as people from other countries for the nights spent aboard you might have a point.

I think you missed the point.

If it was points per dollar then that is fair, although you might not see it that way. You CAN spend 275-300 for a 7 nighter whilst we are charged 6/7/8 times that for the same cruise. So should we get 6/7/8 times the points as the cheapie cruisers.

This is exactly what the airlines are doing with their loyalty programs. Reduced miles for cheap fares.

Or.....more miles for full fare.

So.....less CA points for cheapies etc.

Edited by davenew

I think you missed the point.

If it was points per dollar then that is fair, although you might not see it that way. You CAN spend 275-300 for a 7 nighter whilst we are charged 6/7/8 times that for the same cruise. So should we get 6/7/8 times the points as the cheapie cruisers.

This is exactly what the airlines are doing with their loyalty programs. Reduced miles for cheap fares.

Or.....more miles for full fare.

So.....less CA points for cheapies etc.

Apparently RCI doesn't see it your way either.

I just love it (NOT) when People shout discrimation at any given opportunity.

Airlines don´t give Points for Money spent either. They Award the Points on booking class, but still two Folks on the same flight will get the same number of Points/miles and might have paid a different fare.

It has nothing to do with discrimination if you have to arrange a flight to get to the port. The cruise can be booked at the rate of $2000 or $275 from everybody across the planet. It´s not a discrimnation if you can´t wait for last Minute offers because of your personal circumstances.

Disclaimer: I´m from Europe and D+

Not entirely correct. You earn 2 points for being booked in a JS or above. Last time I checked, depending on the ship and itinerary, those cabins were priced higher.

If there is a perk available and I need it ... I use it, and I don't feel embarrassed about it or feel bad for others who don't have the perk. I earned it, they have not.

When I'm in the regular line, waiting for whatever it is I am waiting for, and I see people able to use the priority lines or priority seating or whatever, of course I always have a twinge of jealousy ... but in that case they've earned a privilege that I have not. I just shrug it off and think "one day I'll get to do that"

What does bother me is those people who expect the Red Sea to part for them any time they wish, because they have attained Superior Status in whatever business it is ... and they want to make up perks where none are offered.

[/font][/color]

I just love it (NOT) when People shout discrimation at any given opportunity.

Airlines don´t give Points for Money spent either. They Award the Points on booking class, but still two Folks on the same flight will get the same number of Points/miles and might have paid a different fare.

It has nothing to do with discrimination if you have to arrange a flight to get to the port. The cruise can be booked at the rate of $2000 or $275 from everybody across the planet. It´s not a discrimnation if you can´t wait for last Minute offers because of your personal circumstances.

Disclaimer: I´m from Europe and D+

Actually the airlines are moving away from that model. United and Delta are changing their programs so that points are awarded on how much money was spent on tickets. I'm sure others will follow.

Actually the airlines are moving away from that model. United and Delta are changing their programs so that points are awarded on how much money was spent on tickets. I'm sure others will follow.

Not really, the dollar amounts to get the next medallion are extremely small, one high priced ticket will qualify

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If there is a need for a prioriy line at customer service, it should only be for gold seapass card holders. ( I am refering to the suite guests). they paid the high premium cruise fare for this extra privilege. so if you want to join their line, book a suite.............

Edited by phish tales

If there is a need for a prioriy line at customer service, it should only be for gold seapass card holders. ( I am refering to the suite guests). they paid the high premium cruise fare for this extra privilege.

I agree that those that were willing to pay double, triple, or four times as much to take the same cruise as everyone else on the ship, should receive a few perks. But I also think that someone who has taken 10, 20, 30 cruises on the same line should also get the same perks. Surely, those loyal cruises deserve as much as a rookie cruiser in a Grand Suite on the Majesty.

Pretty much every airline is moving towards the dollar based points system. Southwest pretty much started it, and now every company is moving to it.

The changes are being attacked by people who used the system to purchase cheap fairs with long legs to get more points. But OTOH, the redemption program works better because the number of points is based on the fare of the ticket you wish to acquire.

This works well for short trips since they are usually cheaper flights, so the points are less also.

Hey years ago RCCL used to give you a single point for taking a cruise if it was less than 12 nights. That meant a three night and a 10 night received exactly the same number of points. You of course did get double for a suite, but still a three night cruise in a suite will be less than a 10 night cruise in a regular cabin.

I predict that in 5 years RCCL will move to a revenue based model for points. That way they can also include on board purchases in your tier determination system.

Medallions? I'm talking about airline frequent flyer points.

You must not be a Delta flyer. That is what they call their frequent flyer tiers. It is changing to dollar spend in 2015 though. However the upper tiers get double the points per dollar spent

You must not be a Delta flyer. That is what they call their frequent flyer tiers. It is changing to dollar spend in 2015 though. However the upper tiers get double the points per dollar spent

Just checked Delta Skymiles site and the 2015 changes do not apply to earning Medallions (Silver, Gold, etc..), you still earn those tiers one mile at a time. the dollar amount tied to earing a tier is still insignificant.