Priority Line at Customer Service

Your right, quite often on our recent AOS cruise there was one sometimes two people walking up and down the line. Unfortunately not the time I was in it and got my foot troden on :p

I hope along with me, you can laugh at that story now. So far I've only seen one Diamond+ person throw their privilege around like that. One person in 10 cruises isn't too bad.

On Freedom in September there was a separate line for Diamond and above. The following week on Enchantment the line was for Diamond Plus and above. I have not seen it on any other ships, but I sure haven't been on all of them.

I'm sure once I make Diamond it would get moved up to Diamond + ;) Coincidentally, I will become Diamond on Freedom my next cruise.

Why do you need a special line to get an answer to a question or report a problem? Diamond, Diamond Plus, etc., have a Diamond Concierge you can either call or visit, where those that don't have that status really only have the ability to go to Guest Services. It's an unnecessary perk...oh, and I'm Diamond status.

I as an about to become Diamond member, agree and I'd like to think I wouldn't use this line, at least for this particular benefit. We will see. Although in 10 cruises I think I've only ever gone to the Guest Services desk 3 times and I try to go avoiding known heavy times.

I'm sure once I make Diamond it would get moved up to Diamond + ;) Coincidentally, I will become Diamond on Freedom my next cruise.

I did hear they were changing the rules next March.

On our cruises this year the priority line for D+ has been hit and miss... on some ships not on some. But I have noticed that if the line is long there is usually a person asking if they can help to those on line... going down answering questions and supplying information -- causing many to be able to leave the line with a simple answer. I think this works well.

I've never seen a priority line at Guest Services, I hope I never do, even as I hit Diamond. I don't see a need for it. What I did like on Allure was some crew member checking with people in long lines to see if what they needed could be handled without standing in lines. I remember one person just needed to turn in a form and that crew member took the form and handled it. Sometimes he would advise people, yes, is where you need to be, but he did effectively shorten the lines. For me I had a maintenance problem and the Maintenance Dept's phone wasn't working, so he took my cabin# and problem and reported it for me. It was fixed when I got back from dinner. I wish our DMV worked that well.

Yes, I have experienced the GS officer with a clipboard going down the line. I have witnessed it being very helpful to me, since many of those people in front of me had very simple issues that were dealt with quickly and moved ME up faster. :D.

I once had the experience of the Concierge walking by, spotting me in the line, greeting me, asking why I was in the line, then taking my hand & taking me up to an empty spot at the counter while she went behind the counter and solved my problem on an unused GS computer.

The man in front of me started YELLING and demanding to know why *I* was getting special treatment. He was LOUD and KEPT YELLING for several sentences. I was afraid that he was going to stroke out.

Please keep in mind that this did not affect anyone else in any way. She was NOT a Guest Services worker, this was an otherwise unused station at the desk, and she left when she finished with me.

Some people are just never happy unless they are complaining about something.

It's all about ME, ME, ME! :D

IMHO, at Customer Service, everyone should be treated equally. First Come, First Served.

I wouldn't think strange to see a separate priority line on a cruise ship as long as the airlines continue to have separate check- in counters for their frequent flyers and hotels do the same for their members of their loyalty programs.

There was a D/D+ line at GS on the Freedom in May of this year and I used it on a couple of occasions.

Quite honestly, most of the problems I go to CS for can be answered within 30 seconds so I had no problem using that perk. Sorry, I really don't think I am an "It's all about me" person. However, if I don't have to stand in a line of about 30 people to get a different disembarkation number and luggage on the last night, I'm going to. :)

Tim

Never yet had the benefit of a priority line I try just use the concierge where I can

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't had one of these suckers since becoming D. I wait just like any other Paxs--no complaints. Only at check-in is priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad Freedom has this line for GS but removed the breakfast area in the MDR. I think I would rather have the area in the MDR (again just to be able to have same wait staff each morning would be nice)

We are just off AOS to the Baltic and I was in the Guest Services line one day to hand in a pair of ladies glasses that my wife had found.

The line was long and was being directed by roped barriers when a a lady came down it pushing and shoving holding her sea pass lanyard saying loudly "Diamond plus".

I had my foot trodden on :confused: and it was complete chaos by the time she had pushed to the front. Fearing a riot even the staff from the shore excursions desk came over to quell the disturbance left behind her.

The lady in question obviously didn't take the news too well that the Guest Services priority line was no more:D

Although, I find her actions ridiculous, I understand her frustration. She has been loyal to Royal and now they are taking away the things that she was promised for her loyalty.

Please keep in mind that this did not affect anyone else in any way. She was NOT a Guest Services worker, this was an otherwise unused station at the desk, and she left when she finished with me.

Some people are just never happy unless they are complaining about something.

But that's probably why the other guest was frustrated, seeing an unused position at GS then seeing it being used by someone taken out of the line. Begs the question why was the position empty in the first place?

It's called Guest Services, hint, the purpose of the venue is in the name.

No seperate line on our Adventure TA, but someone going up and down the line to see if they could help, explaining that they were short of staff that's why there were very few positions in use.

I understand Carnivals Faster to the Fun program includes a priority line at Guest Services, perhaps RCI are going to launch something similar which you can choose to pay for and then get priority treatment for guest services, tenders, shuttles or anywhere else there are lines. :D

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! We were so excited to make Platinum, then they added Emerald. We will make Diamond in time for our cruise on Oasis in October, 2015. We're crossing our fingers that they don't do away with the Diamond lounge by then, but that would be just about our luck! :eek:

I wouldn't think strange to see a separate priority line on a cruise ship as long as the airlines continue to have separate check- in counters for their frequent flyers and hotels do the same for their members of their loyalty programs.

Royal has a separate check-in for suite passengers and separate check-in lines for D+ and D. Bad analogy. Customer service is customer service. Everyone's problem/concern should be equally important. I applaud the people that have posted and said they would not stand in a separate line even if their status allowed it.

Royal has a separate check-in for suite passengers and separate check-in lines for D+ and D. Bad analogy. Customer service is customer service. Everyone's problem/concern should be equally important. I applaud the people that have posted and said they would not stand in a separate line even if their status allowed it.

I applaud them too, it makes my line shorter.:D

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! We were so excited to make Platinum, then they added Emerald. We will make Diamond in time for our cruise on Oasis in October, 2015. We're crossing our fingers that they don't do away with the Diamond lounge by then, but that would be just about our luck! :eek:

Made it before my last cruise on the Enchantment. You're not missing anything. I hope the DL on the Oasis is better.

Overheard in the Main Dining Room

Waiter speaking to 4 D+ Ladies at lunch

"Is there anything that meets your satisfaction ?"

It's only a Joke, settle down and I stole it from another Board:) but thought it was cute.

Edited by WpgCruise

When we were on the Oasis in May, I went once because I had left my drink bottle by mistake when I sat on a deck chair briefly to fix my sandal. I stupidly left it by the deck chair, and went back and it was gone. I went to customer service and they did not laugh or roll their eyes, but went back to check lost and found and brought it out to me. It was the right color and was full, as I had left mine, so I claimed it. I washed it out back in our cabin. There was really not much of line.

I am Diamond and there was no priority line, but I found I was always uncomfortable being in that line, although I agree that it was a nice perk at busy times. Another time we were dropping off our Luggage Express forms and there was quite a line. A Guest Services employee was going down the line and checked over what we had. He took the forms, saving us a long wait. This is better than the priority line because it helps everyone waiting in line.

Edited by KansasK