Priority Line at Customer Service

For the past few months, the Enchantment has removed the D or D+ and up priority line from Customer Services. Now there is one line for everyone. No official word but possibly due to a customer complaint.

I was wondering if this is being done fleet wide or limited to the EOS.

Probably since enchantment is doing the 3 and 4 day short cruises. D and D+ members aren't sailing on her much.

Just a guess.

Although, I find her actions ridiculous, I understand her frustration. She has been loyal to Royal and now they are taking away the things that she was promised for her loyalty.

A dedicated line at Guest Services was never a published perk that I'm aware of.

Royal has a separate check-in for suite passengers and separate check-in lines for D+ and D. Bad analogy. Customer service is customer service. Everyone's problem/concern should be equally important. I applaud the people that have posted and said they would not stand in a separate line even if their status allowed it.

How about this, then: airlines have different telephone numbers and/or call centers for customer service based on your frequent flier status. If you have no status on United, welcome to India or the Philippines. If you are Premier, you get a U.S. - based agent. On AA, Platinum or EXP moves you to the front of the phone queue. You can Starwood Hotels, there is a separate line for guests with Gold and Platinum status whether they are checking in or have a question/issue mid-cruise..

We take full advantage of priority lines where they are offered to us (I have never seen one on RCI).

You may boo me now.

Just chiming in to add that there was priority line on Freedom 8/2013 and on Navigator 3/2014, but not on Liberty 7/2014. I thought the lack of priority line on Liberty had to do with the European itinerary. Now I know better -- or not?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep. I'm bottom of the barrel in the loyalty program. That being said, there's this new American illness called uber political correctness where we are afraid to recognize any differences in people. If you are such a frequent cruiser that you have earned certain benefits then I think you can take advantage of them if you want to. If there is a priority line that I could use, I certainly would and without hesitation. In the meantime, I stand in the long line hoping that someday I will have earned my spot in the priority line!

In around two dozen cruises on three or four different lines, I think I've gone to the Customer Service counter once. So no, I see no need for a priority line. But the way some people talk about it around here, perhaps that counter is the highlight of their cruise. What on earth do people do there?

In around two dozen cruises on three or four different lines, I think I've gone to the Customer Service counter once. So no, I see no need for a priority line. But the way some people talk about it around here, perhaps that counter is the highlight of their cruise. What on earth do people do there?

Mostly complain!!

Hmmmm...... I have never seen a special line at guest services on the ship. Maybe I never looked. If I need something at guest services I always look to see how long the line is if it is to long I come back at another time.

The loyalty program, with all of its benefits, has done its job and kept me loyal. It is a part of what I consider when I compare the value of cruises that I may select. An express line might save me 10-15 minutes of waiting time on my vacation. If time is money, there is some value to that express line.

I've never seen a priority line at Guest Services, I hope I never do, even as I hit Diamond. I don't see a need for it. What I did like on Allure was some crew member checking with people in long lines to see if what they needed could be handled without standing in lines. I remember one person just needed to turn in a form and that crew member took the form and handled it. Sometimes he would advise people, yes, is where you need to be, but he did effectively shorten the lines. For me I had a maintenance problem and the Maintenance Dept's phone wasn't working, so he took my cabin# and problem and reported it for me. It was fixed when I got back from dinner. I wish our DMV worked that well.

This is what I have seen--and I agree it works well. We have been sailing RCI for about 3 years and just turned Diamond and I have not ever seen a priority line at Guest Services.

I have never seen a priority line but agree with Linda, that having a person there to answer any questions those in the line have, can quickly reduce the line. I wouldn't use the line if there was one, as I feel those ahead of me in line have priority and there isn't anything that urgent that I can't wait my turn for an answer.

I agree.

Jealous? About what? I've just never felt the need to post my C/A status in my signature. :rolleyes:
The folks in the Priority line when you are in the long line that would violate your principals to use.:rolleyes::rolleyes
It's all about ME, ME, ME! :D

IMHO, at Customer Service, everyone should be treated equally. First Come, First Served.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Carnival has it for their Platinum (compare to Diamond) & up guests -- I have to admit, we enjoyed it. :)

I have to agree with this. I love the instant service with Platinum and above on CCL. Especially the free bags of laundry.

there seems to be no advantage to being Platinum on RCL. I am platinum on both, and receive many more benefits from CCL. Just sayin' . I do cruise both as the mood hits me.

I have to agree with this. I love the instant service with Platinum and above on CCL. Especially the free bags of laundry.

there seems to be no advantage to being Platinum on RCL. I am platinum on both, and receive many more benefits from CCL. Just sayin' . I do cruise both as the mood hits me.

You do realize that Platinum on CCL does not equate to Platinum on RCL? Platinum on RCL is only the 2nd loyalty level. From my understanding, Diamond (the 4th loyalty level) is much more similar in cruising "points" to Platinum on CCL. No wonder you gt much different benefits on both lines.

As to this thread, I have also seen where they have someone walking the line to see if simple requests can be handled without having to wait. It definitely makes it better. The long lines are usually only on the first and last day anyway. No need for a separate line IMO.

Lets see, the Pinnicle person in the priority line didn't like the chocolate covered strawberries found in the cabin and the lowly gold person in the line snaking down the Promenade found that the cabin was double booked and someone else was living in it.

I vote for no priority line, at least not one based on C&A status.

Lets see, the Pinnicle person in the priority line didn't like the chocolate covered strawberries found in the cabin and the lowly gold person in the line snaking down the Promenade found that the cabin was double booked and someone else was living in it.

I vote for no priority line, at least not one based on C&A status.

I agree that the Gold member in this instance is in a bit of a pickle and needs some assistance. On the other hand, a bad strawberry could mess up your whole cruise.

I agree that the Gold member in this instance is in a bit of a pickle and needs some assistance. On the other hand, a bad strawberry could mess up your whole cruise.

On Oasis, we had strawberries with someones long black hair embedded in the chocolate. It didnt make us ill, because they went straight back and RCI changed them for two bottles of champagne :D.

I didnt bother with guest services, I took then back to the Promenade Cafe, where they came from, and saw the Senior Officer for that area. He wasnt to please when I asked what his level of cleanliness expectations were, and were his staff trained in food hygiene.

Considering that we paid the most for our first cruise, and have had an increasing level of discounts and benefits as we inch up the loyalty ladder, I would say the loyalty has been well rewarded without treating others like they deserve to wait longer.

I also like the person that goes along the line to help with simple issues. That makes the whole line feel like someone is listening.

Considering that we paid the most for our first cruise, and have had an increasing level of discounts and benefits as we inch up the loyalty ladder, I would say the loyalty has been well rewarded without treating others like they deserve to wait longer.

I also like the person that goes along the line to help with simple issues. That makes the whole line feel like someone is listening.

Yes this is the best system I have seen as a lot of people actually have something super small to do

Doubles pace of line nearly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums