comfy mattresses

tuppence

Hi wonder if anyone can help over the state of mattresses on board Diamond Princess? We're doing a months cruise around Australia and I'm a pain for not being able to sleep well on a hard mattress so I wondered if anyone has any experience on balcony cabins' mattresses on board Diamond Princess?:)

Hi wonder if anyone can help over the state of mattresses on board Diamond Princess? We're doing a months cruise around Australia and I'm a pain for not being able to sleep well on a hard mattress so I wondered if anyone has any experience on balcony cabins' mattresses on board Diamond Princess?:)

Mattress's are replaced on all Princess ships on an ongoing basis, what one finds on one cruise may not be the same for the next cruise.

Basiclly its a crap shoot. :(

One would hope that the majority would be in good shape.

I had a pillowtop mattress on the Diamond over a year ago. As a matter of fact, I've had pillowtops on all of my cruises in the past 2+ years, including the Star, Island, Crown, Royal and Sapphire. They were significantly better than the mattresses I've had on HAL and Celebrity because while they had the pillowtop, they had good support.

Edited by Pam in CA

pam you must live right! I haven't had a good mattress yet, certainly never a pillowtop. I get the old saggy ones or the hard as a rock ones. often I get one of each in the queen configuration. I must be due for a good one!

I had a pillowtop mattress on the Diamond over a year ago. As a matter of fact, I've had pillowtops on all of my cruises in the past 2+ years, including the Star, Island, Crown, Royal and Sapphire. They were significantly better than the mattresses I've had on HAL and Celebrity because while they had the pillowtop, they had good support.

pam you must live right! I haven't had a good mattress yet, certainly never a pillowtop. I get the old saggy ones or the hard as a rock ones. often I get one of each in the queen configuration. I must be due for a good one!

I'm like you & only had a pillow-top mattress on the Royal Princess where every cabin had them. :)

I have experienced good and bad. Pillowtop or not. I would think that Princess would buy all their mattresses from the same manufacturer. So I find it strange that some of the new mattresses are comfy and some are not. :confused:

I had a pillowtop mattress on the Diamond over a year ago. As a matter of fact, I've had pillowtops on all of my cruises in the past 2+ years, including the Star, Island, Crown, Royal and Sapphire.

We've had the same experience over the last 26 months on the Sapphire, Coral, Caribbean, Royal and Ruby (X2). In fact we are repeating in one of the Ruby mini-suites in October and hope the mattress has degraded since February :D.

I was on the Diamond in January of this year and had an awful mattress that was clearly not a pillow top. I was on the Grand in early April and had a doubled up egg crate topper which made the bed a bit better. Pam is indeed lucky to have consistently had pillow tops!

Well hopefully we will have a nice mattress but may do a bit of shopping in Sydney and buy a topper cos I'm a really hopeless sleeper on a hard bed and a month is a long time!! Fingers crossed we're as lucky as Pam;) Thanks everyone:)