More bad news on Sea Princess

Yes 3-4 hours for cruise ships from Portside to off Point Cartwright.

On slower vessels we used to allow 1 hr. down the river from Hamilton, 2hrs. to the sea at Caloundra & another hour to pilot station.

Many years ago did the whole lot one night when all the crew were too drunk to steer.

To get an accurate idea of the safe tracks inside the GRB you would need to buy small scale charts from Cairns to Booby Island.

Try also the two pilot service web sites - the both have downloadable info.

That doesn't sound like sailors at all.:rolleyes:

According to Marine Traffic she's just rounded the top of the north island and passing The Bay of Islands - Russell.

It's curious though, there are 2 "vessels" with her. One on either side but just behind. When I hover my cursor over them I get the names "JPO TUCANA" and "ANL BARWON".

They are doing 17 and 19 knots respectively and SP is doing 14knots, so they appear to be catching up...

SP is blue and these are green - can't find what the colors mean!

Can anyone shed any light?

They're quite far out from Auckland to be tugs, right?

Edited by Hazydavo

According to Marine Traffic she's just rounded the top of the north island and passing The Bay of Islands - Russell.

It's curious though, there are 2 "vessels" with her. One on either side but just behind. When I float my cursor over them I get the names "JPO TUCANA" and "ANL BARWON".

They are doing 17 and 19 knots respectively and SP is doing 14knots, so they appear to be catching up...

They are both container ships - if you click on any ship, a popup box with the pic and details comes up

barry

It's curious though, there are 2 "vessels" with her. One on either side but just behind. When I float my cursor over them I get the names "JPO TUCANA" and "ANL BARWON".

They are 2 container ships. One is heading to Auckland and the other to Tauranga . If you click on the ships icon it should bring up a box giving all the details . Sea Princess will be slowing down now as she is not far from Ak .

editing to say Barry beat me. I am a slow typer....lol

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

She has made it across the Tasman and has delivered her first load of paying customers to a port , after her extensive repair job.

Great to see Kiwi Kruzer. May SP repairs keep her sailing fault free until the end of 2016 as we have just booked the 104 night world cruise in May 2016 :)

Does anyone know when her next dry dock/refit is scheduled?

She has made it across the Tasman and has delivered her first load of paying customers to a port , after her extensive repair job.

Great to see Kiwi Kruzer. May SP repairs keep her sailing fault free until the end of 2016 as we have just booked the 104 night world cruise in May 2016 :)

I am sure that she will be fine for her world cruise in 2016. :)

That will be a very long and anticipated cruise for you, but the time will pass quickly. As for a refit, I am not sure. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Correct me if I am wrong , but I think the next scheduled drydock is after the World Cruise. She cruises around to Perth after the WC and then up to Singapore for the drydock.

Thats what made everyone so worried. I think Princess were hoping to hang on and carry out any repairs in Singapore, but it became obvious that repairs had to be done before then.

I know she had to be fixed, but we were very disappointed that it was decided that we'd have to miss our New Zealand cruise to do so :(.

The cruise credit is wonderful, but it still doesn't make up for missing NZ.

We loved our time in Australia (Sydney and Brisbane), but didn't get to enjoy New Zealand. We took a harbor tour in Sydney and saw the Sea Princess in dry dock at the military wharf. I told the tour guy's "if you see her here NEXT week, we'll be very unhappy and heading home :(", and we were.

I hope she's fixed now and will be good for the next cruise's.

Fern

I know she had to be fixed, but we were very disappointed that it was decided that we'd have to miss our New Zealand cruise to do so :(.

We loved our time in Australia (Sydney and Brisbane), but didn't get to enjoy New Zealand. We took a harbor tour in Sydney and saw the Sea Princess in dry dock at the military wharf. I told the tour guy's "if you see her here NEXT week, we'll be very unhappy and heading home :(", and we were.

Fern

I am so sorry you missed NZ,.:(

If Princess had played it straight right from the start it would have been much better for so many more people,yourself included. The ship had limped around Australia, NZ and south asia for several months missing ports on nearly every cruise before they sorted the issue out. Very disappointing for so many.

Just to add insult to injury.........Statendam which is heading to Australia as the 'NEW' P&O ship is currently having problems. Just read a post by a cruiser on her right now. Poster was told by an officer friend that "this ship has serious problems". And I'm due to board in 2 weeks!!! Yikes!!

Sorry don't know how to start new thread.

Just to add insult to injury.........Statendam which is heading to Australia as the 'NEW' P&O ship is currently having problems. Just read a post by a cruiser on her right now. Poster was told by an officer friend that "this ship has serious problems". And I'm due to board in 2 weeks!!! Yikes!!

Oh no, not another one. Which ship is which once it is here again Statendam =Eden or Aria.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I started a new thread for you.

It is easy, you just click on "New Thread" on top left hand corner.

Fern

Oh Fern. I am so sorry to read this. You did heaps of research in the Aus/NZ port of call area. :( I remember your posts! Please come back & have another attempt in the future. I can only imagine how disappointed you must be.