More bad news on Sea Princess

Carnival have converted her to a Submarine, now you know what she was doing at the Naval Dockyard, Garden Island.

Down Periscope !! LOL. No more deck games.

Edited by NSWP

I see Veendam is having propeller issues over in Canada with cruises cancelled. Maybe a bit of extra time in dry dock is needed for our floating palaces with "deeper" maintenance/inspections?

Steve.

I see Veendam is having propeller issues over in Canada with cruises cancelled. Maybe a bit of extra time in dry dock is needed for our floating palaces with "deeper" maintenance/inspections?

Steve.

It seems to be a trend with propulsion/engine issues, perhaps they are pushing them too hard and leaving too long a time between services.

Edited by MicCanberra

When does SP need to leave Sydney for Brissy (to arrive at 7am)? Sunday morning/afternoon?

As per previous posts, Sydney ports doesn't show it's departure.

Still appears to be in Sydney though via the bridge cam...

She is likely to leave tomorrow (Saturday 11th) as she doesn't need to be in Brisbane until Monday morning (13th).:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Steve.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have government inspections of older ships with known maintenance problems, before they are allowed to cruise through our beautiful GBR, in particular.

It is obvious to all that they are working some of the ships too hard with insufficient maintenance time. It is not the age of the ship which is the problem, as there are "loved and cared for" older ships still cruising, but lack of regular maintenance/dry dock.

On Marine Traffic she is now showing a Destinaion of Brisbane with an ETA of

Oct 12 15;45 UTC

Destination:

BRISBANE ETA:

2014-10-12 15:45 (UTC)

Yes, we are watching her sail under the Harbour Bridge. Great to see :)