Big refurb,s

so,ton saint

New,s is in the air for big refurb,s at mayflower 106 berth and 101 berth,s city cruise terminal, have heard 92 check in desk,s at 101 new drop off area ,the whole of the taxi rank will be covered over ,and terminal going up another tier ready for the big cruiser,s next year also qe 2 term having a face lift will let you know more later :d

Got off Oriana on Friday at Mayflower. The lift situation is ludicrous; one lift, takes 3 people and suitcases or one wheelchair! This was self help disembarkation as we had early train to catch. It took 25 minutes to get near the front of the queue, and in the end we took our cases down the escalator. The woman said no at first, but given that we were not elderly and pretty fit, she let us go down as we could lift our large cases and our hand luggage was in small backpacks, which are a useful way of doing self help disembarkation very easily.

They definitely need a ramp so that suitcases can just be wheeled down for early departures!

Got off Oriana on Friday at Mayflower. The lift situation is ludicrous; one lift, takes 3 people and suitcases or one wheelchair! This was self help disembarkation as we had early train to catch. It took 25 minutes to get near the front of the queue, and in the end we took our cases down the escalator. The woman said no at first, but given that we were not elderly and pretty fit, she let us go down as we could lift our large cases and our hand luggage was in small backpacks, which are a useful way of doing self help disembarkation very easily.

They definitely need a ramp so that suitcases can just be wheeled down for early departures!

Es you get off the ship early because you have priority embarkation only to have to queue for ages while 20 chairs go down one tiny lift.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Also big refurb,s for aurora £26m big union jack on her bow,s new blue funnel can i assume that the vessel will therefore be re-registered in so,ton or gb and be covered by its employment law,s and salaries

I think you probably already know the answer to the question but my advice is dont hold your breath waiting.:D

Don't think it would make much of a difference in terms of salaries on P&O to reflag to Southampton as it would only apply to European crew member and don't think there are many of those currently under £6 / hour (I could be wrong though). They would not be able to have weddings though if uk flag which I think would be a really shame. Love seeing wedding parties onboard :)

No reflagging to UK, there are just too many restrictions in european labour regulations. If you want to see what happens with western labour regs just look at the NCL ship cruising from Hawai. Fares are much much larger. It is not just the hourly rate but the number of hours. Sixteen hour days for months on end folks!

Hi matty no new,s on new terminal because of ongoing relationship with liverpool saint,s included next year southampton 450 cruises liverpool 16 this year they have had a large marque for terminal at 102 berth cruiser,s in hal rotterdam fred,s balmorel x 3 msc opera x2 when their were six cruiser,s they had fred,s two cruiser,s nose to nose at 38/39 berth. As for refurb,s i have heard november is the starting time

Arrived at Mayflower today, noticed only one small lift and no apparent change or refurbishment in arrivals. Maybe all the money has been spent on departures.

• 1 month later...

To day I heard through the grape -vine mayflower-term 106 berth 50 coach lane,s waiting area inside and check in up stair,s no more waiting to book in like I have seen in past iwas told this berth will be used for royal princess and Britannia royal princess to do round UK and Ireland and will be fly cruise like ruby this year with large amount,s of coach,s from heathrow and Gatwick so coach bay,s make sense.