Freedom of the Seas drydock

-4? F. Still not good, but way better than -20 F

It may be a bit chilly this weekend but not as cold as it was at home for you.

80's on Tuesday they are saying.

When you are at the port will you report if you see anyone carrying on soda or water. Curious to see if they are letting you do so, we sail on the 22nd.

Thank you.

Thank you - we are glad to be here. I always stress a tiny bit about flying out in winter :o Try and stay warm. I will soak up a few rays for you.....:):rolleyes:

Freedom seems to be doing a steady 20 knots leaving St Martin, She must be looking forward to you boarding. Only 10 more weeks for me.

It may be a bit chilly this weekend but not as cold as it was at home for you.

80's on Tuesday they are saying.

When you are at the port will you report if you see anyone carrying on soda or water. Curious to see if they are letting you do so, we sail on the 22nd.

Thank you.

I have always carried on a couple of 1 liter bottles of coke. Kind of a tradition for us. Always in your carryon. I also bring just a couple of bottles of water. Convenience and savings. I have done this about 8 or 9 times on the Freedom. Only person that would stop you would be the customs agent. They do not care as long as it is not alcohol.

I have carried four bottles of wine in a carryon before for a B2B, and the customs agents just say have a great day. I had my speech planned for being allowed to bring on two each week (with my email from Miami), but never had to use it. H

That and the pics I found of 1864 on Navigator is what I was basing my input on for sure. 1864 appears to be as big but clearly has a regular bathroom from the pics I came across.

Also, 1864 is booked by a few cruisers here. No one has mentioned anything about it being accessible.

Im also why wondering why on Freedom, these are category F cabins but on Navigator they are P1 and P2.

I have just spoke with RCI, i tried to change my cabin to 1864, i was told that this cabin is reserved for guests of 3 or 4 in one stateroom ONLY. She confirmed that it is not an accesable stateroom and that it does has the same square footage as the one on the opposite side that is. They changed our room to 1862 with no problems.

I have just spoke with RCI, i tried to change my cabin to 1864, i was told that this cabin is reserved for guests of 3 or 4 in one stateroom ONLY. She confirmed that it is not an accesable stateroom and that it does has the same square footage as the one on the opposite side that is. They changed our room to 1862 with no problems.

Thanks for the info!

Sweet! Sounds like I slipped in under the radar for my booking. We've got the cabin and only have 2 in the room.

Royal told me that we could not book 1804 (Family Oceanview) for 4, however, our TA was able to book it with no issues. It was showing on the website as available to book for 4 and even when I just put in 2 people. I think that things haven't been settled and communicated well about these new cabins yet.

I am anxiously waiting to find out if the family oceanview's have the extra half bath like Explorer's do, but we went ahead and upgraded anyways.

Royal told me that we could not book 1804 (Family Oceanview) for 4, however, our TA was able to book it with no issues. It was showing on the website as available to book for 4 and even when I just put in 2 people. I think that things haven't been settled and communicated well about these new cabins yet.

I am anxiously waiting to find out if the family oceanview's have the extra half bath like Explorer's do, but we went ahead and upgraded anyways.

We're a family of 4 and the family oceanview staterooms always show as "unavailable to be booked online" on the website for us - curious what the price difference is. We were able to snag 1864 for our Aug 30 sailing a couple of weeks ago right after the new rooms became available for booking. Just about all the new deck 12 rooms were available then and already now only just a few are left.

Hi everyone, just joined forum today as potential first time cruiser with Freedom of Seas Royal Family Suite on 24 hold for late May sailing. I'm looking to finalize since I assume propulsion will get resolved by then.

Has anyone confirmed that all of the full suites got a refresh? I have scanned this entire thread and cant find confirmation if the RFS (or any other "suites") got a face lift during the January dry dock.

Thanks in advance....

Edited by ChattTN

Hi everyone, just joined forum today as potential first time cruiser with Freedom of Seas Royal Family Suite on 24 hold for late May sailing. I'm looking to finalize since I assume propulsion will get resolved by then.

Has anyone confirmed that all of the full suites got a refresh? I have scanned this entire thread and cant find confirmation if the RFS (or any other "suites") got a face lift during the January dry dock.

Thanks in advance....

Check ckrobyn's thread. She's live on Freedom now in a suite and had the same question

Thanks in advance....

I looked in a the rfs on my trip and didn't appear to be any changes. I know the jr's/grands weren't any different

Check ckrobyn's thread. She's live on Freedom now in a suite and had the same question

Robyn boards tomorrow!

Well, unless she is going to look inside EVERY suite, she is only going to know if the one she is in was updated.

We were in an aft balcony on 10th floor on the 2/1 cruise. Of course, we snuck a peek in rooms while they were cleaning. I've only seen pictures of the suites before, but the OS, JS, and Royal Suite looked essentially the same as pictures I've seen online. We walked past 1648 and 1650 every day along with all the JS's on that side.

We're a family of 4 and the family oceanview staterooms always show as "unavailable to be booked online" on the website for us - curious what the price difference is. We were able to snag 1864 for our Aug 30 sailing a couple of weeks ago right after the new rooms became available for booking. Just about all the new deck 12 rooms were available then and already now only just a few are left.

For the most part, I have never seen the family rooms listed either.

In our case we went from 2 inside cabins (Cat L) to the Family Oceanview (Cat FO) and it was $500 more. I believe that the price breakdown was about $800 per person including taxes and fees.

The family room was more expensive than two inside cabins, but less expensive than 2 outside staterooms. I debated back and forth about whether to go for it. My main concerns about one room were the lack of the 2nd bathroom & DS sleeping early and the adults wanting to stay up for a bit. However, I was concerned about the two rooms because DS would not have slept well in his Grandma's room, he moves around way to much to sleep on a bunk, and the connecting cabins do not have sofas and instead just have a chair (which likely meant that he would sleep with DH & I and that usually ends with me getting kicked in the head half the night). We do spend a fair amount of time in our room and we ultimately decided that we would be happier with the larger stateroom.

There are two people washing the props as they are going 120 RPM

Better than the flow rider - pay extra for washing.

Bob E

Well, if they were going 300 RPM the ship would really be moving. Could probably make the trip in only one day. :)

Then Royal could do the same cruise in only six days, still charge the same as seven days (since the passengers would be getting the same experience - and still save one day's worth of tips) and then save 52 days per year allowing another eight cruises to be booked, increasing revenue by about 15%.

Edited by Cuizer2