Freedom of the Seas drydock

Tables and chairs for what? It isn't as if people bring their lunch in there to eat.

They use chairs for classes where they make presentations and then the result of this 'seminar' and analysis is that you need to buy a variety of products and services sold by Steiner in their spas that they run on RCI ships.

The 'classroom' with about 12 seats on Quantum was right at the front of the gym and even while on the fitness cycles you could hear and watch these seminars and then watch them turn into sales pitches toward the end. These somewhat obstructed the wonderful view towards the bow.

The rooms should be panoramic. When I go to my booking and it says "print your deck plans" it shows F on deck 12 as "Paroramic Ocean View" from 188-215 sq ft and room 1814 as 283sq ft. They do not address 1864, which is where I will be staying, but I assume it is the same as 1814 by the deck plans. The Family Ocean View Rooms on deck 12 are noted as 406 sq ft, which seems significantly larger than some other family ocean views I have seen online.

We arrived in Orlando last night for our pre-cruise stay. It is a sunny day - a far cry from the -20 temps we left behind in Toronto. Feels good not to have travel weather considerations anymore, we are only 45 minutes from the port :) I may do a Live report, stay tuned.....

Looking forward to the live report Robyn!

I was just looking at the new cabins on Freedom on Deck 12.

It's an F category - outside - some rumours are that they are floor to ceiling windows - not just the little window as usual.

Also - I was looking at 1852 which seems to be much bigger than the other F class ones, yet I was able to book for same price, as say 1816.

Wouldn't it be more expensive because it is bigger? Would this be a good cabin?

I looked but didn't find too much info, even on google as to what the rooms look like.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Aren't the big one's the accessible version. No extra cost, but should be booked by those who require them.

We arrived in Orlando last night for our pre-cruise stay. It is a sunny day - a far cry from the -20 temps we left behind in Toronto. Feels good not to have travel weather considerations anymore, we are only 45 minutes from the port :) I may do a Live report, stay tuned.....

Glad you made it! It's sunny and 6 degrees here in Chicago.

Have fun on your vacation! :D

1864 isnt an accessible cabin although it looks just like accessible 1814 on the deck plan.

I agree that 1852 DOES appear to be a bit larger according to this deck plan.

1864 doesn't show as being an accessible cabin on Navigator either.

I just looked at the list of accessible cabins on both Freedom and Navigator and they haven't updated it for these new cabins, how surprising.:rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_FR

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_NV

I just looked at the list of accessible cabins on both Freedom and Navigator and they haven't updated it for these new cabins, how surprising.:rolleyes:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_FR

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_NV

What is surprising about it? I'm sure they will get around to it in two or three months.

That and the pics I found of 1864 on Navigator is what I was basing my input on for sure. 1864 appears to be as big but clearly has a regular bathroom from the pics I came across.

Also, 1864 is booked by a few cruisers here. No one has mentioned anything about it being accessible.

Im also why wondering why on Freedom, these are category F cabins but on Navigator they are P1 and P2.

That and the pics I found of 1864 on Navigator is what I was basing my input on for sure. 1864 appears to be as big but clearly has a regular bathroom from the pics I came across.

Also, 1864 is booked by a few cruisers here. No one has mentioned anything about it being accessible.

Im also why wondering why on Freedom, these are category F cabins but on Navigator they are P1 and P2.

If they did not make 1864 an accessible cabin then I think that's really too bad. They had a great opportunity to increase the number of accessible cabins. It's not like they were going to lose any money on it. If it wasn't booked by final payment then it gets released into general booking anyway.

It isn't going to get out of the teens here through the weekend and another snow storm is coming in Saturday night through Sunday. I'm glad you made it out safely.

When first installed on Vision class ships, the Panoramic OV cabins were also listed as category F. They changed to PV shortly afterwards, and the price went up.

My guess is that they are waiting on 2 things. 1) awareness to get out about the desirability of these cabins so they can increase the price. 2) to wait for the staterooms to be used to insure all the plumbing, electrical, etc are operational. If something goes wrong they can say, "well at least you didn't have to pay premium for the room, and, btw, isn't the view great!"

Knowing Royals IT department I wonder if the missing accessible logo on the deck plan for 1864 is an error.

As an IT employee (in a different company) I'd like to offer a defense. The IT dept is not usually responsible for supplying the data and imaging that are rendered on a website. In fact, it's entirely possible that the developers on this website even know the ship has been updated, and they probably have an infrastructure that simply serves up whatever description, pictures, and deck plans that the business and marketing departments input into their administrative interfaces. Now, if you find broken links, server outages, and functional problems on the site, then you can definitely go after IT :)

As my return to Freedom after 7 years approaches, I am now thinking about it more. Having been on Allure twice since Freedom, I assume Freedom's Johnny Rocket's doesn't serve breakfast?

Correct, so far JR breakfast is limited to Oasis and Allure.

Correct, so far JR breakfast is limited to Oasis and Allure.

I assumed so, but thought the recent dry dock might have been a good time to change that if they wanted one more breakfast venue to spread the load out, but Freedom's Windjammer isn't undersized the way the Oasis class seems to be. Another Oasis type chance I would like to have seen is the personal pizzas in the Freedom Class Sorrento like that of OAsis.

It isn't going to get out of the teens here through the weekend and another snow storm is coming in Saturday night through Sunday. I'm glad you made it out safely.

Thank you - we are glad to be here. I always stress a tiny bit about flying out in winter :o Try and stay warm. I will soak up a few rays for you.....:):rolleyes:

Yea, but that is -20 C, which I assume stands for Canadian, ;) That's almost cold.

Glad you are in Florida. Can't wait to hear about your FR embarkation.