Anyone pack bottle water or soda in your checked or carry on bags?

Has anyone brought bottle water or small bottles of soda with them in luggage when going on a royal Caribbean cruise?

I have been told you are limited to two bottles of wine/champagne but it's unclear about soda and bottle water. I have been told several different things so far.

I just about always have 4 to 6 bottles of my Diet Mt Dew in between my hubby and my suitcase and never had a problem! One time when checking in at an airport the guy commented on the weight I told him I had pop in there He said you know you can buy it when you get there? I said I can't always find my DEW! Better be safe than sorry!

Lots of people have. If you search the forum, you'll find lots of discussion. Only thing I'll add is I recommend you put it in your carry on because if you put it in your case and security isn't sure what it is, you'll have to go to the naughty room to get it.

you are allowed a 12 pk of soda or water per person. (no more than 20 oz)

That would be Carnival, not RCI where they technically allow you no beverages other than the two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, as Bob pointed out, this restriction is rarely enforced except during spring break.

That would be Carnival, not RCI where they technically allow you no beverages other than the two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, as Bob pointed out, this restriction is rarely enforced except during spring break.

I looked on RCCL website and never saw anything about the bottle water or soda. I called and spoke with a lady named Jessie. She was helpful and told me people are not suppose to bring water on board. I told her I have a baby and need nursery water for mixing formula, she said to get a doctor's note to bring with me just in case they give me any issues about water or juice. :D

It seems to be hit or miss. I've heard of some people saying their water was confiscated.

We were just on Independence in April(spring break) and my daughter-in-law carried on a 24 pack of water with no problem.

Last year she took a 24 pack of water in her luggage on Freedom of the Seas....no problem. That was also during spring break.

I looked on RCCL website and never saw anything about the bottle water or soda. I called and spoke with a lady named Jessie. She was helpful and told me people are not suppose to bring water on board. I told her I have a baby and need nursery water for mixing formula, she said to get a doctor's note to bring with me just in case they give me any issues about water or juice. :D

What Not To Pack

**Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Right there on the website - water and soda would be non-alcoholic beverages. However, with a doctor's note, you will be fine.

We forgot and left our wine bottles in checked luggage on our last cruise. Got called to naughty room to pick it up. Usually we carry on. We have also put a case of water in a duffle with luggage tag with no issues.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I throw a sealed 6pk pack of 20oz waters in my checked bag almost every time and no one has ever said anything to me about it. Always still in my luggage when it arrives at our room.

Edited by thegima

When boarding the Allure last week, the embarkation personnel told my husband that he was not allowed to bring 6 bottles of water on board. He explained that we were travelling with my parents and our 2 kids so it was a bottle for each of us. Then he was allowed to bring it on board. Kind of strange.

On a side note, does anyone happen to know offhand the current prices for still bottles of water on board?

Somewhere around $4 for a 1L bottle of Evian. They only sell the 1L size. There is a bottled water package, but it's not unlimited, you get a specific number of 1L bottles.

Somewhere around $4 for a 1L bottle of Evian. They only sell the 1L size. There is a bottled water package, but it's not unlimited, you get a specific number of 1L bottles.

Bob - do you happen to know what bottles of water are included in the drink packages? (We all have premium packages and one of us drinks a LOT of bottled water.)

Thanks for being the FOUNTAIN of knowledge! :)

Bob - do you happen to know what bottles of water are included in the drink packages? (We all have premium packages and one of us drinks a LOT of bottled water.)

Thanks for being the FOUNTAIN of knowledge! :)

I've read that the bottled water from the drink package varies, but I've read people mention Crystal Geyser most. Those bottles are 500ml size.

I've read that the bottled water from the drink package varies, but I've read people mention Crystal Geyser most. Those bottles are 500ml size.

Are you talking about the bottled water package? Or the packages that include various drinks? And if the latter, you don't get a choice in the still water? Because Crystal Geyser tastes like an asthma medicine I had to take when I was little.

It's not make or break with me getting an overall drink package...I'd just like to know in advance if I'll be able to use the water portion or not.

Are you talking about the bottled water package? Or the packages that include various drinks? And if the latter, you don't get a choice in the still water? Because Crystal Geyser tastes like an asthma medicine I had to take when I was little.

It's not make or break with me getting an overall drink package...I'd just like to know in advance if I'll be able to use the water portion or not.

I was talking about the bottled water that comes with the Replenish, Premium, and Ultimate unlimited drink packages.

They normally don't enforce the no beverage rule, except during spring break.

Dam, Im confused now. I thought you were allowed a certain amount of water and pop to bring on board ? I was going to buy some in Fl once I got there and carry it on? Rules..Rules..Rules!! LOL :confused:

Dam, Im confused now. I thought you were allowed a certain amount of water and pop to bring on board ? I was going to buy some in Fl once I got there and carry it on? Rules..Rules..Rules!! LOL :confused:

You might be thinking of another cruise line. All beverages other than the two bottles of wine are prohibited. However, enforcement is a different matter.

I have a medical condition that requires I drink a lot of water. I always board with my water bottle filled (they uncap and smell it...lol) and several other sealed bottles because oftentimes, the water package I order (Evian 1 liters) isn't in my cabin until the morning of day 2. I have never been given any flack about it.