Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

Oh and in case anyone has seen the movie "American Pie" a few too many times and is thinking about joining the "Balcony Club". There are cameras that pan the entire length of the ship and you neighbors can see your reflection on the other side :)

I guess that means partaking of the forbidden fruit on the balcony is a no no----as it were.

Edited by sapper1

HAL just announced that they are banning apple pie on the balcony.

WHAT!! that means that the staterooms will reek of apple pie. I hope HAL stops that or institutes a deep cleaning fee. I always ask my room to be deep cleaned before I board as I can't stand that smell.

LOL - keep them coming :)

I'm just back from a recent cruise on HAL and I could not believe all the people in line at the front desk wanting to remove the daily apple pie from their room. Apparently, there are parts of the world where apple pie is simply NOT eaten.

Honestly, just think of the poor hardworking room stewards who get paid so little. They depend on those leftover pieces of apple pie to supplement the hard tack and water that HAL gives them for sustenance....

Have you ever seen the cute apple animals the stewards leave on your bed every night?

How could anyone not love those :)

I guess that means partaking of the forbidden fruit on the balcony is a no no----as it were.

Don't ask don't tell. *LOL*

It means if you wannna get a piece (of pie that is ) make sure the neighbors aren't looking *LOL*

Everyone here is so creative ... I've been laughing my way through this thread this morning!

What great posts. Wish I could hit a "like" button under each! :)

Thanks, Kazu, you really inspired us with this thread about laughing at ourselves and having fun.

I guess I'll plan on taking my apple pie to the Neptune Lounge on Westerdam, since the sideboard of desserts is no longer there. :eek:

What is your source for that information? In my 2+ cruises on the Westerdam the sideboard was definitely there.

HAL just announced that they are banning apple pie on the balcony.

I DEMAND to know your source for that inflammatory information.:mad: I absolutely cannot cruise without eating pie on the balcony.... I'm switching right now to... um... er... is there a cruiseline left that allows pie on balconies?

I heard from my TA that HAL is going to start holding pie throwing contests by the aft pool.

I find that particularly distasteful and a waste of good pie -- not to mention cost of cleanup, and the unsanitary conditions of the pool, post-contest. I think they should have belly-flop contests instead.

HAL will be coming out with a SIGNATURE / EXPLORE 4 APPLE PACKAGE..... you may have up to 15 slices of apple pie a day, must be ordered one at a time, with the choice of different toppings, and CANNOT be consumed by anyone other than package holder...

(valid for pie w/toppings valued at not more than $7 per serving) :p

Carol

We just found out our DD is gone on to the finals in the National Zither playing contest which will be held on the day we leave for our cruise. She plans to meet us and embark on our third day at our second port . Will we be able to save her some of our pie , or will she have to get her own once she boards.

Also if you are doing a B2B, can you still have the same pie on the second leg of the cruise , or do you have to get a completely different pie on turn around day.

Boy this is getting addictive *LOL*

Does anyone else ever go to McDonald's and get those hot apple pies and wrap them and give them as gifts to your stewards and wait staffs ..

We still tip an additional $1000 to them above the auto tip. But we love the looks on their faces when they open them on the last day

I dread to think what someone would think if they started reading this thread half way through without reading the OP and took it seriously :D

Customer service rep in Seattle to supervisor: I keep getting these calls about apple pie. People want to change theirs to blueberry, others want to get additional toppings, one even canceled her cruise because she said she is offended by the pie promo.

What is going on? Do we even have a pie promo?

Newbie here - What is all this about pie? How do I get pie too? I don't like cinnamon, do you think I can get mine without cinnamon? I don't have time to read through all the comments

Welcome to Cruise Critic..

Hal makes special exceptions for all Newbies only once!:D Don't expect this exception when you get your pie on your next cruise!

It's not fair.

Those of us from the UK don't get apple pie. We just get suet pudding and custard :(

:D:

EWWW! :eek:

I have to go to a Condo Ladies Luncheon in a half hour.. Will let you know if they have Apple Pie? I'm still waiting for Blueberry Pie on HAL, but last time they said I had to pick them..That's because we don't book suites..Suite Psgrs get them free!!!

Laughing my head off!!:):)

I can guarantee you that pie will not make it by Security; it will show up in their metal detector!

Will I get it back the night before we leave or will Security eat it?

Thank you Kazu for starting this fun thread.

I am on Weight Watchers and will not have enough points for any pie. Can I bring my Scentsy apple pie electric candle warmer and an extension cord instead? Thanks for your help.

ps does anyone know if the bread pudding in the Lido is dietetic??

Not to be facetious, but does anyone know where and when the "Friends of The Slice" meetings are held ? ? ? Please, no flamers; one of us needs to attend them regularly, otherwise they fall off the apple-cart. It's a sickness, folks, don't judge.:o

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Now that Princess is offering their "Chocolate Journeys" program including luxurious chocolate anti-oxidant spa treatments..... will HAL Spa start offering Apfel Strudel "nourishing" spa treatments ? It relaxes you right down to your "core".:p

Carol

Now that Princess is offering their "Chocolate Journeys" program including luxurious chocolate anti-oxidant spa treatments..... will HAL Spa start offering Apfel Strudel "nourishing" spa treatments ? It relaxes you right down to your "core".:p

Carol

I bet some pax would think that sounds DELICIOUS, but to me it holds no ap-PEEL ;)