Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Just booked to go on P&O new ship  Arvia 

Reading she's a sister ship to Iona

Anyone know if there's a any free sauna/ steam on these ships ? 

Can't find anything online about Iona thst might help 

Was on the Carnival Valor last week and the sauna and steam room is still free, open, and in the men's locker room. It wasn't used very often and most people wore shorts. It was working most properly most of the time, but the sauna would get extremely hot. 

The ladies working in the spa would often walk through the men's locker room without notice, which was super annoying. The same thing happened on Freedom last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was recently on Caribbean princess. Sauna and steam in the mens changing area and free of charge. Decent size steam room with seats for 14 and the sauna is a bit smaller with room for 3 or 4 comfortably but 6 could maybe squeeze in. Did notice most guys using just a loose towel or completely nude, was surprised since it was a cruise out of the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, Cenotediver said:

Going on the Princess Diamond to Hawaii in October. Looking forward to the steam and sauna. The Japanese Baths sounds like a treat . Any comments? 
Enjoy 

We’re now going on Diamond next August, after having three cruises cancelled 😩. The spa area sounds very appealing, can’t wait. 

Anyone with firsthand experience in the NCL Epic men's Thermal Suite?  I have read the database document and it appears it does have single-sex sauna and steam.  In practice, how good is the set-up?  Good for relaxation?  I love the Thermal Suites on the Jewell class NCL ships.  Excellent layout.  Now looking to expand my horizons onto other NCL vessels that offer non-coed options.  Any input from personal experience on the Epic would be appreciated.

18 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

Anyone with firsthand experience in the NCL Epic men's Thermal Suite?  I have read the database document and it appears it does have single-sex sauna and steam.  In practice, how good is the set-up?  Good for relaxation?  I love the Thermal Suites on the Jewell class NCL ships.  Excellent layout.  Now looking to expand my horizons onto other NCL vessels that offer non-coed options.  Any input from personal experience on the Epic would be appreciated.

Yes I've  used  it many times 

U can buy a daily pass or whole duration of the cruise pass

Which is better  value 

Its about $40 for 1 day 

The changing room has a sauna in it  & steam room

The thermal suite outside is shared  facilities 

Theres no free area's 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Yes I've  used  it many times 

U can buy a daily pass or whole duration of the cruise pass

Which is better  value 

Its about $40 for 1 day 

The changing room has a sauna in it  & steam room

The thermal suite outside is shared  facilities 

Theres no free area's 

Thank for your response.  Are there lounge chairs in the men's changing room area?

Hi, with this thread being so large I would like to know if anyone has been on the RCL Serenade of the Seas recently and confirmed that they still have the separate Sauna and steam rooms. Planning on going next March/April out of Tampa. Would appreciate any comments.

thanks in advance…….

On 8/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, waldorf said:

We’re now going on Diamond next August, after having three cruises cancelled 😩. The spa area sounds very appealing, can’t wait. 

Hope y’all have a great time. Been on the Crown and the Diamond is same class. Great free steam and saunas in the mens locker rooms. Always a fun time 

enjoy 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, MichiganBound said:

Yes, I’ve also been on NCL Epic. In the mens only area there really isn’t any lounge chairs just a steamroom, small sauna, and about four showers. Let me know if you have any other questions. Here’s a short YouTube video I found with the layout: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rag2 said:

Yes, I’ve also been on NCL Epic. In the mens only area there really isn’t any lounge chairs just a steamroom, small sauna, and about four showers. Let me know if you have any other questions. Here’s a short YouTube video I found with the layout: 

Is the men only area in the paid for spa area or in mens changing rooms that anyone can use?

There are so many ships listed in this thread. And with so many ships leaving the industry, refurbs, and new ships, it's hard to keep up. 

Just curious if we can compose a short list of fan favorites.  Free or paid, single sex men's areas on currently sailing ships (2022). Favorites should have a great combination of amenities, layout and location. And should have a good balance of traffic. Not so busy that you can't have a conversation but not so quiet that you are alone much of the time.

My hope is we can come up with the a few favorites. Top picks, that we can all explore someday. 

Happy sailing.

38 minutes ago, willcan said:

There are so many ships listed in this thread. And with so many ships leaving the industry, refurbs, and new ships, it's hard to keep up. 

Just curious if we can compose a short list of fan favorites.  Free or paid, single sex men's areas on currently sailing ships (2022). Favorites should have a great combination of amenities, layout and location. And should have a good balance of traffic. Not so busy that you can't have a conversation but not so quiet that you are alone much of the time.

My hope is we can come up with the a few favorites. Top picks, that we can all explore someday. 

Happy sailing.

Emerald Princess has great free sauna and steam and in my experience has a good amount of traffic.

HAL Koningsdam, Niew Statendam and Rotterdam as well as Cunard Queen Elizaberh and Victoria have a great free sauna in mens locker room with large qindow onto the ocean. Have found these ships all have a good social  crowd especially  mid to late afternoon.

All Jewel class ships on NCL have a great mens only fee paying spa area which I feel is well worth the money, they also have a free steam room in mens gym locker room.

The HAL and NCL Jewel class ships have my vote, too. Haven't been on the others - adding them to my list. I've found the home port plays a part in the mix of passengers and the experience - San Diego is my favorite. Easy access from the west coast, a more easy-going vibe and itineraries that are not so port intensive.

• Like 1