Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

11 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

@alexdw A picture of each would be appreciated. (Can be added to the spreadsheet)

Sorry just left the ship never  thought to take a pic. 

On 1/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, ouse456 said:

I notice that the deck plans on Azamara ships show the steam rooms adjacent to both the fitness center and the spa. Does anyone know if the use of the steam rooms are free? (I may be mistaking separate hottubs for steam rooms in what appears to be the locker area.)

The steam rooms are free there is no sauna room. The Hot Tubs are not connected to the steam room There are two steam rooms one for ladies and one for men 

6 minutes ago, tompeter said:

It was in mid December...

Great , thank you. Just ba c k from a cruise on Emerald princess and only a handful of guys used the sauna.

20 minutes ago, tompeter said:

It is a small room and not very busy...

Thanks. Have been on sister ship Koningsdam a few times and I believe it is the same set up with large window and a shower with cold bucket

12 hours ago, alexdw said:

Thanks. Have been on sister ship Koningsdam a few times and I believe it is the same set up with large window and a shower with cold bucket

Sounds like it...

22 hours ago, alexdw said:

Great , thank you. Just ba c k from a cruise on Emerald princess and only a handful of guys used the sauna.

What was the setup like on the Emerald Princess? I've never done Princess but want to branch out in the next few years to try something new. 

48 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

What was the setup like on the Emerald Princess? I've never done Princess but want to branch out in the next few years to try something new. 

In the men's locker room there is a large 8-10 man steam room and a 6-8 man sauna. 3 showers and lockers. Free of charge .

4 hours ago, alexdw said:

In the men's locker room there is a large 8-10 man steam room and a 6-8 man sauna. 3 showers and lockers. Free of charge .

Sounds like a nice setup! Too bad it was so dead for you. I'm looking at deck plans now--is the lotus spa pool also free to use or is that part of the upcharge Sanctuary area? 

32 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Sounds like a nice setup! Too bad it was so dead for you. I'm looking at deck plans now--is the lotus spa pool also free to use or is that part of the upcharge Sanctuary area? 

That is part of the sanctuary and has a fee.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, LEESRE said:

The steam rooms are free there is no sauna room. The Hot Tubs are not connected to the steam room There are two steam rooms one for ladies and one for men 

Thanks. On the schematic I saw the sauna was round, or nearly, maybe an octagon. That's why I thought it may be a hot tub.

Just off Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston, TX: Good news is this ship still has the full separate men's large dry and wet saunas. The bad news is they had them turned off the entire cruise due to covid restrictions! Makes no sense that the bar areas can be mask free for vaccinated passengers, but not the locker rooms?!

Hoping for better on Mariner in a couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, TexasCruiseDude said:

Just off Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston, TX: Good news is this ship still has the full separate men's large dry and wet saunas. The bad news is they had them turned off the entire cruise due to covid restrictions! Makes no sense that the bar areas can be mask free for vaccinated passengers, but not the locker rooms?!

Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad they have not (yet) had time to ruin another ship. I have some great memories of this sauna and steam room. Some of the best facilities the industry if you ask me. 

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy them on your sailing.  Let's hope this shut down is temporary and short lived. 

18 hours ago, TexasCruiseDude said:

Don't count on it. I experienced the same good and bad news on Mariner several weeks ago.

Has anybody been on Carnival Mardi Gras yet? Curious if there is a seperate men's areas on their new ship. I hope they are not removing them like so many other lines. 

3 hours ago, willcan said:

Has anybody been on Carnival Mardi Gras yet? Curious if there is a seperate men's areas on their new ship. I hope they are not removing them like so many other lines. 

Interesting that looking at the deck plans on VTG that the spa is located one floor below the fitness center and the fitness center doesn't show a locker room or sauna/steam as the Carnival ships usually do.

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately that's not a good sign especially since I just read that Carnival will be bringing out two sister ships to the Mardi Gras. Could this be the being of the end with Carnival too?

4 hours ago, willcan said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately that's not a good sign especially since I just read that Carnival will be bringing out two sister ships to the Mardi Gras. Could this be the being of the end with Carnival too?

Yes. As well as the beginning of the end for those who prefer small to medium sized ships.  There are some Norwegian ships that are like this. The gyms, a deck above the spas, don't even have changing rooms. (Well, at least one. I was only on the Norwegian Star and it was like this).

Edited by ouse456
  • Like 1

Hello gents:

I’ll likely be sailing the Carnival Radiance in a few weeks (spring, 2022); my first time on a “Carnie” ship (lol 😜). I selected this ship over the Navigator of the Seas due to the NV having her steam & sauna facilities (once very generous & in the separate locker rooms) removed. While I realize the Carnival Radiance may have suffered a similar fate during her recent refurbishment, I remain hopeful “her” original spa facility set-up is still in place. Of course, I will report-back what I find.

Has anyone recently returned from Carnival Radiance and can share what they found? (I did check the database spreadsheet and it, currently, appears blank for this ship.)

Bon voyage to all,

Gigglewolf

(your gracious TopicThreadStarter & O.P. 😉)

21 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Hello gents:

I’ll likely be sailing the Carnival Radiance in a few weeks (spring, 2022); my first time on a “Carnie” ship (lol 😜). I selected this ship over the Navigator of the Seas due to the NV having her steam & sauna facilities (once very generous & in the separate locker rooms) removed. While I realize the Carnival Radiance may have suffered a similar fate during her recent refurbishment, I remain hopeful “her” original spa facility set-up is still in place. Of course, I will report-back what I find.

Has anyone recently returned from Carnival Radiance and can share what they found? (I did check the database spreadsheet and it, currently, appears blank for this ship.)

Bon voyage to all,

Gigglewolf

(your gracious TopicThreadStarter & O.P. 😉)

Looking at the plans for the Radiance on the VTG site, it isn't clear whether there was or is free sauna/steam rooms. On that site sometimes they will post the before (or up to a certain date) as well as  the after refurbishment plans for the affected decks. I hope someone in the know responds.  Congrats for being such a successful poster of blogs. This site fills a need. You should be beeming with pride!

• Like 1