Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 6/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

The current report (June 2021) from Adventure of the Seas is that the steam and saunas facilities are closed for social distancing purposes, and the fitness center likewise has social distancing signage.

I hope that is short lived.  If everyone is vaccinated why do the sauna and steam rooms need to be closed. 

18 hours ago, willcan said:

I have never been on NCL. Can anyone tell me about the different ship classes and which ones have the best men's sauna/stream and gyms? Also if there is an additional fee for use. 

I can only speak for the Jewel Class ships(Jewel, pearl,Jade, Gem)

They all have free steam in mens locker room off the Gym. The fee paying spa is great as it has a men only section with huge windows and consists of sauna steam and hot tub.

Well worth the fee they charge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alexdw said:

I can only speak for the Jewel Class ships(Jewel, pearl,Jade, Gem)

They all have free steam in mens locker room off the Gym. The fee paying spa is great as it has a men only section with huge windows and consists of sauna steam and hot tub.

Well worth the fee they charge.

Thank you that is very helpful

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, billybeachboy said:

Has anyone been on any of the UK 'staycation' cruises, & if so was the sauna/steam facility open?

Disney Magic sauna and gym changing rooms closed. The gym is open and you have to book slots but you must arrive ready to work out and wear a mask while working out!

6 hours ago, st34 said:

6 hours ago, st34 said:

Disney Magic sauna and gym changing rooms closed. The gym is open and you have to book slots but you must arrive ready to work out and wear a mask while working out!

I am wondering if the rules for closing sauna and steam will be uniformly enforced and whether the rules for closure will vary according to country of the ship's registation, the cruise line, and/or the port being visited.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, willcan said:

I have never been on NCL. Can anyone tell me about the different ship classes and which ones have the best men's sauna/stream and gyms? Also if there is an additional fee for use. 

Grand class Princess ships have free steamroom and saunas . Both are good size and lots of fun

Would love to hear from anyone in the group that is going on a cruise if they find the saunas and steam are open.

Just booked a Transatlantic crossing FtLauderdale to Rome for next April on HAL Niew Statendam, been on sister ship Koeningsdam which has a great free sauna with large window, you have to know where to look for it( close to the entrance of the spa but not signed) and usually on the first day the door is closed to encourage people to sign up for the coed spa.

Let me know if anyone else is going on this cruise, nice to connect with like minded cruisers.

I was just checking out the April transats - the Nieuw Amsterdam itinerary looks like the best of the four. Mind you the NA free sauna does not have any windows, and is rather small.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:57 PM, st34 said:

Men only sauna also with a window sounds good and also risky 😉

I guess if the window is out to sea it’s not a problem but you can pass by and look inside yea not good. I don’t need an audience lol

1 hour ago, Cenotediver said:

I guess if the window is out to sea it’s not a problem but you can pass by and look inside yea not good. I don’t need an audience lol

The window is out to sea, no walkway in front and most likely the glass is tinted so you cannot see in if in port.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this topic is still here , Awesome ,  I’m booked on Liberty of the seas in October, it’s in dry dock now , has anyone heard if they are removing the sauna and steam room ?  Are other cruise lines using their saunas during Covid. .?  Glad to see this is still going😜

3 hours ago, txbear said:

Wow this topic is still here , Awesome ,  I’m booked on Liberty of the seas in October, it’s in dry dock now , has anyone heard if they are removing the sauna and steam room ?  Are other cruise lines using their saunas during Covid. .?  Glad to see this is still going😜

According to Royal's blog, they will only be technical drydocks for the four ships being worked on in Spain, and will not include the so-called amplification that has already ruined Freedom and Navigator. At least there's a short reprieve for a few of these ships. I hope we get the chance to sail on them before they excellent fitness center facilities are destroyed.

Doesn't sound like steam/sauna facilities are open on most lines because of social distancing, from what I've seen here and there online.

Edited by CntPAcruiser
  • Like 1

Just got off Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska cruise. Free saunas operating normally, no passenger masks required (at least on this cruise) 100% vaccinated all crew and passengers. Crew wore masks 100% of the time. More guests wore masks as the cruise progressed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, twodjs said:

Just got off Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam Alaska cruise. Free saunas operating normally, no passenger masks required (at least on this cruise) 100% vaccinated all crew and passengers. Crew wore masks 100% of the time. More guests wore masks as the cruise progressed. 

Great news. Encouraging to hear, let's hope other lines follow suit.

How is the sauna and steam room in the Carnival Pride?  This is the first time for us on a Spirit Class.  I've enjoyed the steam room and the sauna at the bigger ships like the Valor, Conquest, Sunshine, etc, During my last cruise (can't remember the Carnival ship) I found out that  after the dry dock they removed the sauna and the steam room (both with big outside windows) and put a small sauna in the men's locker room.  It was quite small, but it did the job.  A couple of times went to use it, but it was quite full.  Now that finally cruises are back, we are planning a cruise out of Baltimore in mid Oct and with so many sea days I'm looking forward to step away from the family for some me time in the sauna and steam room.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Idros,
The Pride sauna/steam are both a good size.  I posted pictures in this thread somewhere.
As you enter locker room you walk through two very noisy, swinging saloon-style doors:

• lockers and a bench are to your left.  Lockers have key combinations so no need to leave your card with spa staff.
  • very private shower rooms line the right side wall of the hallway straight ahead.  Shower rooms have lockable wooden doors, a small bench/changing area just inside the door, then the shower area itself with body jets and rainshower overhead.  Nicest showers I have seen and so much bigger than cabin showers, 3 or 4 people could probably fit.
  • bathroom entrance door is first along left side wall.
  • steam room is just after the bathroom (and directly across from showers).  Steam room has a full, wall-sized opaque window to outside.  Tile benches on either side facing each other, each holds 3 guys comfortably. Only natural light so nice and relaxing.  Glass door, usually fogged up but you can see in/out.
  • sauna is just past the steamroom on the left.  Sauna has a single, 2-tiered bench and a window like the steam room.  Glass door.
  • At the end of the hallway is a heavy door that elads to the gym and free co-ed hot tub.  The door is quite loud but closes slowly so it desnt actually latch shut until you are past the sauna.

All in all these are great facilities.  Never overly busy during my cruises but might get 3 or 4 guys at a time.  Late at night (last hour before closing time) is so relaxing and steam room is especially dark (I almost fell asleep once).  Late night is usually pretty empty but I have encountered Staff members enjoying the steam/sauna in their off hours and the ones I have met definitely share our love of these areas.

Enjoy!

Edited by OntarioBiMe

On 7/31/2021 at 6:28 PM, bobcat1 said:

Anyone have information on the steam and sauna layout on Majestic Princess.  Considering the Mexican Riviera cruise this winter.  Curious as to wether steam and sauna are co-ed  or single sex. 

Co-ed

Edited by dns65

• 2 weeks later...