Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

13 hours ago, st34 said:

I’m booked on the Disney Magic in July! No confirmation of the sauna is open or closed as yet. I’ll let you know the result! 🙂

I would like to know that as well, I am excited about the Wish. 

I am sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in August so I would be interested to know if the sauna in the men’s changing room is open - I hope it is as I like to chill out and enjoy a bit of banter with like minded guys 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyjim said:

I am sailing on the Queen Elizabeth in August so I would be interested to know if the sauna in the men’s changing room is open - I hope it is as I like to chill out and enjoy a bit of banter with like minded guys 😉

Sailed on sister ship Victoria and also enjoyed the great sauna with the huge window.

• Like 4

I have just read elsewhere in the forums that the dreaded 'amplification' of RCCL Adventure & Explorer of the Seas has been postponed & that the single sex facilities remain.   (Maybe we can thank COVID & the lack of revenue for RCCL for this?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2021 at 4:01 PM, billybeachboy said:

I have just read elsewhere in the forums that the dreaded 'amplification' of RCCL Adventure & Explorer of the Seas has been postponed & that the single sex facilities remain.   (Maybe we can thank COVID & the lack of revenue for RCCL for this?)

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LiftingDad said:

Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately it seems to be a matter of time before the Voyager- and Freedom-class ships are all subjected to this disservice. Navigator sounds like the worst so far. Not only did they completely remove the original fitness center--they didn't put in proper locker room facilities for the small, cramped, low-ceilinged fitness center that they replaced it with elsewhere on board. And there's apparently not even a thermal suite to replace the lost sauna and steam facilities. We love Voyager class, and I wish they would just leave them alone for those of us who like the ships as they are, and for those who don't, there are plenty of newer ships. In the meantime, once we start cruising again, we will enjoy what's left of the Royal fleet that we care to sail on until we're forced to leave for bluer waters... and ships that still have complimentary, separate sauna and steam facilities.

• Like 2

Have cruised on the Crown , Caribbean Princess . Great steam and sauna set up in the men’s locker room . Private showers and lockers . Had a lot of great conversations in the steam and saunas. My 27 day Sydney to LA on the Emerald Princess in April 2022 just canceled. Disappointed to say the least cause it has the same set up and several guys from Cruise critic and Reddit were going on the cruise. Hope our 15 day B2B on the Caribbean sails over thanksgiving this year . It’s been too long since I’ve had a steam 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:02 AM, LiftingDad said:

Is this off of the mens locker room? I mean do you have to change into a suit then strip in the sauna? Or do you just wear a towel going from the locker room to the sauna?

Happy to chat anytime, Mark

marknewsen1@gmail.com

Small00.26.04.jpg

I’d just wear a towel but wearing a suit is ok too as long as you strip when you get there . Had this one guy come in fully clothed , shoes and socks included. Just strange to say the least 

On 5/3/2021 at 2:22 PM, sunnyjim said:

Had looked at Cunard for transport to England from the US and hang out in England and Europe then catch a cruise home. But both would need to have a sauna area cause I like the banter as well  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cenotediver said:

Had looked at Cunard for transport to England from the US and hang out in England and Europe then catch a cruise home. But both would need to have a sauna area cause I like the banter as well  

34 minutes ago, Cenotediver said:

Victoria and Wlizabethhave great free mens sauna with large window. Great conversations from my experience. Queen Mary does not have single sex sauna or steam.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, Wilkinson1 said:

Hi retiring later this year ( bad timing?!) and was looking  forward to a first cruise and making the most of the men’s spas steam and saunas ..I hope they will still be functional when the industry is back up and running? Any recommendations for a first time solo cruise?

Congratulations on the retirement, Princess cruise line has really nice sauna and steam in the men’s locker rooms . Nice larger showers . 
Always had fun in steamroom had 4 cruises canceled but I’m really hoping that our B2B overvv be Thanksgiving this year sails on the Princess Caribbean 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, RD64 said:

I saw a pic posted earlier (can’t find it now), but the saunas on the new Virgin ships look massive - with windows. Not sure if they are co-Ed or unisex.

My issue with the Virgin ships is the incredibly tiny swimming pools, I don't even know what you would call them. 

On 5/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, RD64 said:

I saw a pic posted earlier (can’t find it now), but the saunas on the new Virgin ships look massive - with windows. Not sure if they are co-Ed or unisex.

Back to reality. I chated with Virgin. The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. Darn!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

Back to reality. I chated with Virgin. The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. Darn!

Sucks, I do not know why this is becoming a trend? 

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 6:56 PM, LiftingDad said:

Sucks, I do not know why this is becoming a trend? 

It's all about the revenue. The large fitness center with separate locker rooms and complimentary steam/sauna facilities makes the cruise line no additional money. The fancy spas that can charge a fee do. And in Royal's case, where they have "amplified" a ship, they have replaced former amenity space with more cabins ... for additional revenue. All they are amplifying is the number of passengers and their own on-board take.

Edited by CntPAcruiser
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.  It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

Also, I see 2 "steam" areas designated outside of the spa facility, but no reference to gender.    I also don't see any layouts for the locker room areas.  Anyone have intel on either of these as well?

26 minutes ago, pke-atlanta said:

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, LiftingDad said:

Do you know if the Queen Mary is coed or single sex?

Thanks Mark  

newsenmark@gmail.com

It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

Also, I see 2 "steam" areas designated outside of the spa facility, but no reference to gender.    I also don't see any layouts for the locker room areas.  Anyone have intel on either of these as well?

26 minutes ago, pke-atlanta said:

Hi, all, looking forward to finally getting back to cruising and have booked a sailing on the Norwegian Pearl.  It's the first time I'll be on this ship.  Based on the deck plans I've seen, it does appear that there are separate sauna, steam and thermal suite areas for male and female passengers that are within the spa area.  Does anyone know if these are limited only to passengers receiving spa treatments or with some paid spa access option?  Or are these available for free to anyone?

You can get a pass for the cruise , the men only area has a great sauna and steam, i think the 6 man jacuzzi may have been removed and replaced with single ones. There is also a free steam roo  in mens locker room  off the gym.

• Like 1