Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 12/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, ShipWalker said:

Updated the steam/sauna database yesterday.

-Added newer ships.

-Deleted sold/scrapped ships.

-Added Viking Ocean Cruises.

-Removed Pullmantur Cruise lines.

-Added links to ships. (used Wikipedia as globalcruises site is out of date with newer ships not listed.)

-Minor formatting adjustments.

Any additional suggestions?

Cruise Ship Steam/Sauna Database

I’m not very tech savvy but can you make the top title row locked, so that as you scroll down you can still see the titles and categories?

Hi all - I’m confused about Royal's Adventure of the Seas.

Do the male and female sauna areas still exist?

I understand they may be temporarily closed because of covid, but are they still there outside the fitness center?

The ‘chart/database’ shows no but several of you have referred to them.

Thanks so much.

On 1/4/2022 at 3:03 PM, 2travelcats said:

Hi all - I’m confused about Royal's Adventure of the Seas.

Do the male and female sauna areas still exist?

I understand they may be temporarily closed because of covid, but are they still there outside the fitness center?

The ‘chart/database’ shows no but several of you have referred to them.

Thanks so much.

Yup, they're still there. I was on Adventure in August and saw them. Very large sauna and steam room! Look really nice when they're open. 

Anyone on the Emerald Princess now and can let know of the sauna and steam is open.

Booked on a 10 day cruise leaving the 18th Jan and may cancel if they are closed especially as I hear they have canceled a port visit to Cartagena Columbia.

I'm thinking about booking a short break on  P&O's Ventura (departing in 3 weeks) but am wondering if the FREE sauna/steam rooms in the locker room areas are open?
As the cruise is from Southampton to Amsterdam & back (in Feb) I won't be sunning myself on deck so would like to get some heat in these facilities, if you have sailed recently & can update me on this I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice that the deck plans on Azamara ships show the steam rooms adjacent to both the fitness center and the spa. Does anyone know if the use of the steam rooms are free? (I may be mistaking separate hottubs for steam rooms in what appears to be the locker area.)

Edited by ouse456

On 1/27/2022 at 3:58 PM, ouse456 said:

I notice that the deck plans on Azamara ships show the steam rooms adjacent to both the fitness center and the spa. Does anyone know if the use of the steam rooms are free? (I may be mistaking separate hottubs for steam rooms in what appears to be the locker area.)

The steam rooms are free there is no sauna room. The Hot Tubs are not connected to the steam room There are two steam rooms one for ladies and one for men 

20 minutes ago, tompeter said:

It is a small room and not very busy...

Thanks. Have been on sister ship Koningsdam a few times and I believe it is the same set up with large window and a shower with cold bucket

22 hours ago, alexdw said:

Great , thank you. Just ba c k from a cruise on Emerald princess and only a handful of guys used the sauna.

What was the setup like on the Emerald Princess? I've never done Princess but want to branch out in the next few years to try something new. 

48 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

What was the setup like on the Emerald Princess? I've never done Princess but want to branch out in the next few years to try something new. 

In the men's locker room there is a large 8-10 man steam room and a 6-8 man sauna. 3 showers and lockers. Free of charge .

4 hours ago, alexdw said:

In the men's locker room there is a large 8-10 man steam room and a 6-8 man sauna. 3 showers and lockers. Free of charge .

Sounds like a nice setup! Too bad it was so dead for you. I'm looking at deck plans now--is the lotus spa pool also free to use or is that part of the upcharge Sanctuary area? 

32 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Sounds like a nice setup! Too bad it was so dead for you. I'm looking at deck plans now--is the lotus spa pool also free to use or is that part of the upcharge Sanctuary area? 

That is part of the sanctuary and has a fee.

On 1/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, LEESRE said:

The steam rooms are free there is no sauna room. The Hot Tubs are not connected to the steam room There are two steam rooms one for ladies and one for men 

Thanks. On the schematic I saw the sauna was round, or nearly, maybe an octagon. That's why I thought it may be a hot tub.

Just off Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas out of Galveston, TX: Good news is this ship still has the full separate men's large dry and wet saunas. The bad news is they had them turned off the entire cruise due to covid restrictions! Makes no sense that the bar areas can be mask free for vaccinated passengers, but not the locker rooms?!

Hoping for better on Mariner in a couple of weeks.