Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 10/31/2021 at 3:32 AM, tonygcharles said:

Update

Just off Jewel of the sea 

Sauna/ steam room  closed for the whole week

Ship returning to Miami from Cyprus now 

I hope Royal begins to open their facilities, but probably not until after January...

How was the ship other than that? I'll be on the Jewel in December. 

7 hours ago, natefish95 said:

I hope Royal begins to open their facilities, but probably not until after January...

How was the ship other than that? I'll be on the Jewel in December. 

We had a great cruise.  Our first since pandemic. 

Jewel  is beginning to show her age 

But still good . The price & itinerary  was excellent.  

Windjammer was  v busy at times 

You can't  pick anything up yourself 

Think it will be v difficult if they raise  capacity 

13 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

We had a great cruise.  Our first since pandemic. 

Jewel  is beginning to show her age 

But still good . The price & itinerary  was excellent.  

Windjammer was  v busy at times 

You can't  pick anything up yourself 

Think it will be v difficult if they raise  capacity 

I did Adventure from Nassau and a Carnival cruise, which was all still self-serve and sauna/steam room was open (and active), so I'm curious to see how this will compare at a higher capacity. 

Men's Steam/Sauna was open on the 5-night 10/30/2021 sailing of RCL Serenade. However, because of social distancing (as indicated by temporary signage), access required the purchase of a $69 (+18% gratuity) thermal suite pass for the 5 nights.

Men's Steam/Sauna reportedly was closed on the 4-night 11/1/2021 sailing of RCL Independence. Spa reception did not know when they would reopen.

CoEd Thermal suite on the 7-night 10/23/2021 sailing of Celebrity Edge was fully open.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:21 PM, twodjs said:

You're right! Same ship, same cruise. 

On 10/5/2021 at 6:54 PM, celecruise19 said:

Maybe before the cruise I will meet others on the koningsdam on nov 21. 

We've got space in that nice sauna for more! Celecruise19, email me hwfishie372@gmail dot com and we can find a time to meet on the day we board.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, Nado44 said:

Men's Steam/Sauna was open on the 5-night 10/30/2021 sailing of RCL Serenade. However, because of social distancing (as indicated by temporary signage), access required the purchase of a $69 (+18% gratuity) thermal suite pass for the 5 nights.

Men's Steam/Sauna reportedly was closed on the 4-night 11/1/2021 sailing of RCL Independence. Spa reception did not know when they would reopen.

CoEd Thermal suite on the 7-night 10/23/2021 sailing of Celebrity Edge was fully open.

Wow, that's a nice new development--take the free steam/sauna and charge for it anyway under the guise of health and safety. As if it isn't bad enough they are taking away complimentary amenities on the older ships and not building them into the new ones. Now they have to find a way to charge for the free ones! How exactly did they control the use of the men's steam/sauna, since it's in the locker area?

• Like 2

Just checked onto Royal’s Mariner. Steam/sauna closed. VERY irritating, since when I booked the cruise, the agent TWICE checked and said that they would be open. GRRRRRRR! They offered me 4 cocktails in compensation——what a joke.

No

Unfortunately not

That was the last week sailing from Cyprus 

She's now sailing back to the US empty of passengers 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, tonygcharles said:

Good to see this thread still running 

Last cruise was end of 2019 

That was on Jewel  .. all facility's where open then 

I'm  going on Jewel OTS again  end of October . Greek islands 

Will report back .. not expecting sauna to be open but🤞

Update

Just off Jewel of the sea 

Sauna/ steam room  closed for the whole week

Ship returning to Miami from Cyprus now 

Scheduled to sail the Carnival Radiance on 4/25/22. Selected this 4-night cruise now that I’m located on the west coast, have always been curious about Catalina Island and (having never sailed CCL) was curious to see how the line’s efforts to rebrand/remake their onboard experience manifests on a renovated/renamed vessel.

I believe the Carnival Radiance’s “sisters” (that already had their refurbishments) may have had their separate men’s steam & sauna facilities removed, but hoping they might still exist on this ship.

If I opt to keep this cruise booked, I’ll keep everyone apprised of my findings. If someone beats me to it, please report back!!

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Scheduled to sail the Carnival Radiance on 4/25/22. Selected this 4-night cruise now that I’m located on the west coast, have always been curious about Catalina Island and (having never sailed CCL) was curious to see how the line’s efforts to rebrand/remake their onboard experience manifests on a renovated/renamed vessel.

I believe the Carnival Radiance’s “sisters” (that already had their refurbishments) may have had their separate men’s steam & sauna facilities removed, but hoping they might still exist on this ship.

If I opt to keep this cruise booked, I’ll keep everyone apprised of my findings. If someone beats me to it, please report back!!

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

Great to see you on the thread once again!!  I hope you enjoy your Carnival cruises.  Thanks so much for starting this thread!!

On 11/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

It's really difficult to tell on the deck plans on the website. Usually on ships that have a large thermal area (Dream, Magic, Breeze, Panorama) there is a free sauna or steam in the gym locker room. The Carnival Miracle, which is also on the west coast, still has a separate and free sauna and steam rooms.

Having difficulty finding if Brilliance of the Seas retained both locker room steam and sauna past its 2018 refurbisment. Has any one been on it lately? (The CCritic board list of free locker room sauna/steam mentions only a small sauna and leaves the steam columns blank. The Vacations to Go deck plans for Royal Carribean are never as complete as they are for the other cruise line deck plans.)

On 11/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, ouse456 said:

Having difficulty finding if Brilliance of the Seas retained both locker room steam and sauna past its 2018 refurbisment. Has any one been on it lately? (The CCritic board list of free locker room sauna/steam mentions only a small sauna and leaves the steam columns blank. The Vacations to Go deck plans for Royal Carribean are never as complete as they are for the other cruise line deck plans.)

I found this: Brilliance Sauna & Steam - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

So it sounds like yes, Brilliance still have both facilities, free, in the locker rooms.

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

I found this: Brilliance Sauna & Steam - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

So it sounds like yes, Brilliance still have both facilities, free, in the locker rooms.

Thanks,CntPA. This is helpful. With current trends to remove them and with Web sites that do not have a date attached to their entries, it's sometimes hard to be certain. RCCL has their free s/s rooms closed due to Covid and its hard to determine when they will open up. Carnival has them opened to vaccinated cruisers, but announced recently that they will extend their Covid restrictions until March.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, ouse456 said:

I was on in 2019 and they were still in place. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:30 AM, twodjs said:

We've got space in that nice sauna for more! Celecruise19, email me hwfishie372@gmail dot com and we can find a time to meet on the day we board.

Anyone else on the Koningsdam Sunday Nov. 21 to Mexico?

We were on Holland America's Koningsdam Nov. 21- 28. The men's and women's free single-sex saunas were not working and have been closed for the last 3 cruises - I was told it wasn't covid related but a failed part that was causing an alarm notification every few minutes. A replacement part has been ordered but no date for repair. ☹ The paid spa area was not affected.

5 hours ago, twodjs said:

We were on Holland America's Koningsdam Nov. 21- 28. The men's and women's free single-sex saunas were not working and have been closed for the last 3 cruises - I was told it wasn't covid related but a failed part that was causing an alarm notification every few minutes. A replacement part has been ordered but no date for repair. ☹ The paid spa area was not affected.

That must have been very disappointing 😞 have sailed Koningsdam several times and love the free sauna with that great window. Met some very nice people in there also.

18 hours ago, alexdw said:

That must have been very disappointing 😞 have sailed Koningsdam several times and love the free sauna with that great window. Met some very nice people in there also.

Big disappointment! Not only were there others from CC on board, but I've also met several from the San Diego area during past HAL Mexico cruises. Three very nice sea days on this itinerary.