Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Good to see this thread still running 

Last cruise was end of 2019 

That was on Jewel  .. all facility's where open then 

I'm  going on Jewel OTS again  end of October . Greek islands 

Will report back .. not expecting sauna to be open but🤞

• Like 3

So glad to see they HAVEN'T updated the Celebrity Solstice class ships to remove the single-sex free sauna in the locker area. The Edge class (their newest) has none. 

Just back from our second Alaska cruise on the Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam.There was plenty of available space in their single-sex free sauna (has it been so long that guys have forgotten the sauna exists?). Hope active participation picks up by Thanksgiving time on the Koningsdam in Mexico. Great set-up on that ship with those floor-to-ceiling windows out to the ocean!

56 minutes ago, twodjs said:

So glad to see they HAVEN'T updated the Celebrity Solstice class ships to remove the single-sex free sauna in the locker area. The Edge class (their newest) has none. 

Just back from our second Alaska cruise on the Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam.There was plenty of available space in their single-sex free sauna (has it been so long that guys have forgotten the sauna exists?). Hope active participation picks up by Thanksgiving time on the Koningsdam in Mexico. Great set-up on that ship with those floor-to-ceiling windows out to the ocean!

Was the sauna empty all week? That's too bad. I'm far from the target demographic of Holland America but a sauna with a view sounds amazing! That's my favorite part about the sauna on NCL's Jewel class of ships. 

On 9/23/2021 at 9:57 AM, tonygcharles said:

Good to see this thread still running 

Last cruise was end of 2019 

That was on Jewel  .. all facility's where open then 

I'm  going on Jewel OTS again  end of October . Greek islands 

Will report back .. not expecting sauna to be open but🤞

I was Adventure a few months ago and was so disappointed it was closed. I'm going on Carnival next week and I'm fairly certain everything is open. I'm probably doing Jewel OTS in December, so hope you have a great cruise! Can't wait for you to report back. In the normal times, how are the facilities on that class of ships? 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:43 PM, natefish95 said:

I was Adventure a few months ago and was so disappointed it was closed. I'm going on Carnival next week and I'm fairly certain everything is open. I'm probably doing Jewel OTS in December, so hope you have a great cruise! Can't wait for you to report back. In the normal times, how are the facilities on that class of ships? 

Just off the Carnival Pride. The sauna and steam rooms were open although the heat in both was less than optimal.The sauna was consistently 118 degrees F.  Signs were posted that they were for the use of vaccinated passengers although I noted no policing.

Would appreciate news about RCCL's s and s rooms. Are they currently open?

Edited by ouse456
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, celecruise19 said:

On the koningdam nov 21 to Mexico. …. If anyone else is on that cruise let me know. 😉

Great ship, and great free sauna with huge window.

2 hours ago, celecruise19 said:

Hi twodjs I think we might be on the same boat.

You're right! Same ship, same cruise. I see you've been on the Celebrity Summit. Quite a bit different, but Koningsdam has the most variety of the Holland America ships. And a much better free sauna than their older ships. Great way to spend Thanksgiving!