Wow Sale

I just booked the Indy for Nov 1st 2015 and got it $100 less than what it was yesterday. I find it a little high but I wanted this for the second leg to our Oct 25th 2015 cruise on the Indy. This will be our first back to back.

Last week I booked a GS on a Liberty 5-night for March 2015 under the BOGOHO deal for 3 of us (was better than the "3rd person free" for that category.) I know a lot of people here feel that I likely overpaid based on pricing a few months ago. I snooze, I lose - I know!

When I received the WOW announcement this morning I decided to check out the pricing. Our category is now more than $1250 higher than it was just 5 days ago! That is crazy - and more than a 39% increase - but they can definitely pay for a lot of $50 OBCs with that! To be fair, it appears that neither the BOGOHO or the Friends & Family rates are applying to any of those categories on that sailing anymore. The WOW T&Cs did say that deal could be combined with the "Three Ways to Save" offer.....but only if it's still applicable to your cruise, I suppose.

I don't think I'll even watch the pricing anymore. Can't keep up with the psychology of the whole thing!

I have 4 cruises booked right now and checked them all...all them very slightly more except one...it was the same price.

the WOW sale fine Print says new bookings only...but I called...and she instantly added the $100 onboard credit to the booking....so FYI....if anything is the same price....call and get the credit added.

I booked the grandeur to Bermuda last week. Price is still the same on my cabin. Wish I had waited now so I could have gotten the OBC. :rolleyes:

Call today....tell them its the same price...they will check it...and add the onboard credit to your booking.

Will Royal Caribbean just give me the onboard credit? Have others had success with this? I did book through a TA because of a separate credit card bonus.

I'm so frustrated because I put down my deposit YESTERDAY on Freedom of the Seas in November. I tried to call today and after 20 minutes on hold, RC hung up on me! Prices for cabins are still exactly the same. :confused:

Thanks for any tips of getting the credit automatically without having to cancel and rebook

If you booked through a TA, then they have to call to get the OBC. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. There is no clear cut answer, it all depends on who answers the phone at RCI. And if you don't like their answer, have the TA call back again you may get a different answer.

Edited by dacsmom

Will Royal Caribbean just give me the onboard credit? Have others had success with this? I did book through a TA because of a separate credit card bonus.

I'm so frustrated because I put down my deposit YESTERDAY on Freedom of the Seas in November. I tried to call today and after 20 minutes on hold, RC hung up on me! Prices for cabins are still exactly the same. :confused:

Thanks for any tips of getting the credit automatically without having to cancel and rebook

Royal won't talk to you with regard to price at all. Your TA must call Royal on your behalf.

I have 4 cruises booked right now and checked them all...all them very slightly more except one...it was the same price.

the WOW sale fine Print says new bookings only...but I called...and she instantly added the $100 onboard credit to the booking....so FYI....if anything is the same price....call and get the credit added.

Only if the price is the same? What if the price is now higher?

Only if the price is the same? What if the price is now higher?

Well if the price is higher you will be rebooked and pay the higher price.... Just to get OBC... Seems counterproductive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked the grandeur to Bermuda last week. Price is still the same on my cabin. Wish I had waited now so I could have gotten the OBC. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I called my TA yesterday to get the OBC. Same price, what my TA did was put a hold on the cabin next to the one we already reserved, transferred the deposit to the newly held cabin, cancelled the first reservation, and then switched the cabin on the second reservation back to our initial cabin. Seemed convoluted but he said it was the easiest way to get the deal since it was new bookings only. If he hadn't explained the process to me I wouldn't have noticed any difference other than $100 OBC and a new reservation number.

For us, the price now might be more than it would have been months and months ago, but I'm still happy with the WOW sale so far. When we first started pricing our cruise for next year in early July, the cheapest interior was $989 for 1 person, no OBC. With the WOW sale we got $100 OBC and an average of $625 per person.

I read another thread regarding the BOGOHO sale and members were stating that it was a great deal. I am currently looking at a grand suite on the Liberty of the Seas to Bermuda and consider it a great deal under BOGOHO. The big box club I am booking through is giving an additional $405 plus $50 wow obc. If the price drops after I book will call. I will continue to watch the prices after I book because I know they will probably drop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Over the weekend, I tried getting the WOW sale with a Diamond discount. No go, it's one or the other, although fortunately the price didn't go up from Friday. Still, I'm not feeling the "wow".

Edited by ILCruiser

RCCL has been getting silly with their pricing for several years now. Two years ago I took the family on a 7 day Freedoms cruise at the end of May. This year they are advertising "kids sail free" and the final price for four is exactly the same for next May as it was two years ago. They are just jacking up the prices on person 1 and 2. I guess its like how Kohls retails a package of t-shirts for $40 so that it can be run at 50% off the entire year on sale. As for WOW, yeah they jack the prices up during the "sale". There is zero reason to book during WOW unless you are short on cash for the initial deposit which is cut in half.

RCCL has been getting silly with their pricing for several years now. Two years ago I took the family on a 7 day Freedoms cruise at the end of May. This year they are advertising "kids sail free" and the final price for four is exactly the same for next May as it was two years ago. They are just jacking up the prices on person 1 and 2. I guess its like how Kohls retails a package of t-shirts for $40 so that it can be run at 50% off the entire year on sale. As for WOW, yeah they jack the prices up during the "sale". There is zero reason to book during WOW unless you are short on cash for the initial deposit which is cut in half.

I haven't been on many cruises, but out of curiosity I checked the cruise we went on last year, and with the WOW sale it is about $200 cheaper per person next year, plus the $100 OBC. Since this was for an interior cabin, it comes out to about 30% cheaper total. The cruise that we did book for next year was a good bit cheaper through the WOW sale than it was a couple months ago when we first started looking. For me there are many reasons to book during WOW: cheaper prices, lower deposit, more OBC, and still plenty of time to wait and see if there is a better price cut down the road.

This is a sample size of 2, so not significant, but in my experience so far the wow sale really has been good.