New to Holland America? This is for you...AKA "HAL For Dummies"

Host Walt

I don't understand. There's a link to the information. What am I missing?

IMO you did not miss anything, as your Post "shared this information with all members". Perhaps the complaining Poster just doesn't understand links and their use. In any event, thank you kindly for sharing the HAL "Romantic Occasions" link!!!

Smooth sailing :ship: :ship: :ship:

IMO you did not miss anything, as your Post "shared this information with all members". Perhaps the complaining Poster just doesn't understand links and their use. In any event, thank you kindly for sharing the HAL "Romantic Occasions" link!!!

Ahh. Now I understand. Thank you. And you are welcome. :)

I believe Lizzie was requesting that the posts should be in English so that all members could understand what the Q&A's were referring to.

Sailing on HAL for the first time September 2018. my wife and I are Diamond Members on RCCL and are HAL newbies. We will be sailing in a Vista Suite. Question is, is there priority boarding on embarkation day?

Welcome to HAL.

No priority for you in a Vista Suite. Only Neptune/Pinnacle Suites board with priority. Arrive early and you will be in the next boarding group (20 minutes or so later than the aforementioned suites and 4/5-Star Mariners).

You may bring aboard as many bottles of wine as you can carry, both at initial embarkation, and at ports.

One 750ml bottle per adult is corkage-free at initial embarkation. One bottle at ports is corkage-free provided it was purchased while on a HAL-sponsored excursion to a winery. All other bottles will have an $18 corkage fee added to your on-board account.

If the 'free' bottles are brought to a public venue for consumption, they will also incur a corkage fee.

You are allowed to bring aboard as much water as you can carry. That is true at both initial embarkation and subsequent ports. There is no fee to do so.

The same is true for soda, juices, and all non-alcoholic beverages.

Am I reading you right that the corkage fee applies to all other wine brought on board, regardless of whether you drink it in your cabin or bring it to a restaurant? Wow. So they might as well just not bother.

Welcome to HAL.

No priority for you in a Vista Suite. Only Neptune/Pinnacle Suites board with priority. Arrive early and you will be in the next boarding group (20 minutes or so later than the aforementioned suites and 4/5-Star Mariners).

No Priority for you! Makes me think of the Soup **** on that Seinfeld episode! No Soup For You! HaHa!

Thanks for the info!

Am I reading you right that the corkage fee applies to all other wine brought on board, regardless of whether you drink it in your cabin or bring it to a restaurant? Wow. So they might as well just not bother.

Depends on your point of view ;)

Yes, corkage fee applies to all wine above the 1 bottle pp at embarkation. But, you can take that bottle anywhere on the ship.

some of us fought pretty hard to have the right to still bring the wine on board and pay corkage ;). When you get to Europe or even the candy store in Fort Lauderdale, (aka, Total Wine) there are so many options that are not available on the ship that we happily pay ;)

The "free" bottle that you bring on board is for in room consumption of course - like in the old days. Taking it to to a public room invokdes the corkage fee.

Hello to all,

Great to have so many questions answered on CC.

We're thinking of HAL for the first time.

My question is......is there a bar in the Neptune Lounge. I read "refreshments" and that sounds a lot like tea/coffee etc.

If there is a bar does the drinks package apply there?

Thanks for your help.

Deeko

I just read online that crab legs are sometimes served in the evenings at the buffet? Is that true and if so how would I know when?

The dinner menu for that night's Lido is posted by the entrance by late morning, or early afternoon at the latest.

Hello to all,

Great to have so many questions answered on CC.

We're thinking of HAL for the first time.

My question is......is there a bar in the Neptune Lounge. I read "refreshments" and that sounds a lot like tea/coffee etc.

If there is a bar does the drinks package apply there?

Thanks for your help.

Deeko

The Signature Beverage Package does not apply as indicated by the sign placed on the table by the bar.

I'd like to get more details about the availability of alcoholic drinks in the Neptune lounge. Does anyone have the details?

Rory

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It is a regular honor bar. There are bottles of wine, liquors and cans of different sodas. I posted a pic on my live thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Fpvacations - here is a pic I found for you with the pricing and choices.

This is a post from Krazy Kruisers from 2016 so prices have changed a smidge. Some have reported that they can now use their signature package and others not.

This is what is available in the Neptune Lounge's Honor Bar -- prices are the same if you went to any other bar/lounge:

Honor%20Bar%20001_zpsbbom5lhh.jpg

Honor%20Bar%20002_zps1rzkulqh.jpg

Westerdam%20ship%20pictures%202016%20057_zpsyfdckezd.jpg

Fpvacations - here is a pic I found for you with the pricing and choices.

This is a post from Krazy Kruisers from 2016 so prices have changed a smidge. Some have reported that they can now use their signature package and others not.

Thank you for the information.

Rory

Thank you for the information.

Rory

You are most welcome.

Here is a pic of the honor bar set up - again from KK in 2016. But it was the same in 2017 when we were on the Rotterdam

Yes -- we had the Honor Bar in the Neptune Lounge on our recent 21 day Westerdam cruise.

Prices are the same as in the bar/lounges.

Originally it was in the back of the lounge as seen in this picture but they had to move it up near the Concierges desk:

Westerdam%20ship%20pictures%202016%20056_zpsuwygscvt.jpg

Besides not being able to use your Signature Beverage Cards, you could not use the regular Beverage Cards.

Westerdam%20ship%20pictures%202016%20057_zpsyfdckezd.jpg

Form to fill out:

Honor%20Bar%20001_zpsbbom5lhh.jpg

Honor%20Bar%20002_zps1rzkulqh.jpg

That's interesting. "A 15% service charge will automatically be applied" for self service.

Also, picking up your own bottles of water from one of the bars will also get you the service charge. A 4-star like me would also miss out on the 'loyalty discount' you receive when the room stewards order it for you for your mini-bar. It is cheaper to have it delivered to your room when a steward orders it to replace what you have used up. Live and learn. :D

Also, picking up your own bottles of water from one of the bars will also get you the service charge. A 4-star like me would also miss out on the 'loyalty discount' you receive when the room stewards order it for you for your mini-bar. It is cheaper to have it delivered to your room when a steward orders it to replace what you have used up. Live and learn. :D

Not being a 4-Star (or any Star for that matter), and sailing in a Lanai cabin, that I understand will not have a mini-bar/frig, for me it would be cheaper to use my reusable water bottle. Where is the best place to fill it with water and ice?