Room Service

Crazy thought. With some of the mixed reviews about the "service" of room service on RCI (long waits, wrong or incomplete orders, tepid to warm food, etc...), anyone else wonder if maybe this service shouldn't be free, but rather for a fee? I'm thinking maybe there is way more demand than they can handle well because of the minimal cost. I rarely use room service, because it just seems like an inferior product and experience. I wonder if it would be better off if it was a better product and service that might be worth paying for.

Okay, start flogging...

Maybe we have been lucky, but we have had very good luck with room service.

We have as well. Breakfast orders on port days have always arrived on time if not a bit early and late afternoon cheese plates come quickly as well. No complaints here.

We have as well. Breakfast orders on port days have always arrived on time if not a bit early and late afternoon cheese plates come quickly as well. No complaints here.

Are those breakfast orders ones you put in the night before? I'm curious, because it seems that some of the complaints have been about turnaround time when putting in a regular order, not the night before.

Of course, I may also be making the mistake of judging it based on the complaints. And as is usually the case, people tend to be more likely to complain than to praise.

Maybe we have been lucky, but we have had very good luck with room service.

Agree. We have gotten two lunches and one breakfast from room service. Breakfast is good. Once the 'honey stung chicken'--not really--was so hot that I took a bite and it burnt my mouth. Only one lackluster item I have had-spinach and artichoke dip. Cheese wasn't even slightly melted and it was lukewarm.

We've never had a problem, either. We don't use the service often, as eating in your cabin isn't as much fun as you are led to believe! Messy, crowded and uncomfortable, unless you're in a real suite with a dining table.

Are those breakfast orders ones you put in the night before? I'm curious, because it seems that some of the complaints have been about turnaround time when putting in a regular order, not the night before.

Of course, I may also be making the mistake of judging it based on the complaints. And as is usually the case, people tend to be more likely to complain than to praise.

Yes, we order the night before using the form in the cabin.

I've always been happy with room service, whether it's be a pre-ordered breakfast, snacks in the afternoon or dinner if I don't feel like going out.

If something is forgotten or I need more of, they will happily get it for me.

I've had a few long waits (45+ minutes) but my pre-ordered bkfst has always been on time or early. Sometimes I think I'm ordering something "off peak hours" and anticipated quick delivery but I guess they have smaller staff and it took an hour. I just learn not to be in a big hurry. But the breakfast has 100% of the time for me, arrived w/in the indicated window, if not even 5 or 10 min early.

And no I wouldn't pay for it. Most cut backs or perceived cut backs haven't bothered me but that one would.Enough so that I'd factor it in when I was deciding between cruise lines.

Room service on brilliance last week was pretty poor quality. Steak sandwich was tasteless and fries were lukewarm. We didn't order again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you send it back so the management knew that sub standard food was being sent out?

We've never had a problem, either. We don't use the service often, as eating in your cabin isn't as much fun as you are led to believe! Messy, crowded and uncomfortable, unless you're in a real suite with a dining table.

I agree, it sounds glamorous but we ate on our coffee table and crumbs were getting on the floor, yuk.

Edited by kwazi07

Never had a problem. However, I thought breakfast was lots of fun not having to get dressed to go somewhere for breakfast and eating while in my jammies.

People who don't want to take the few steps it takes to get to a food venue are probably not going to care too much about the service. If they want it hot, they can take a 2 minute walk to the buffet. If they're not willing to put that much effort into it, they're probably not going to mind if the food cools a bit before getting to them.