Upgrade or Not to Upgrade...

So got an email from RCCL C&A. Upgrade to Junior Suite for my 15 September sailing for 50%off.

Its a 4 night on enchantment. Currently in a balcony... 363 per person.

They offer a junior suite upgrade for 75 more total, per person.

But hey... When you upgrade... You DONT get the double C&A points... BS... That was the deal breaker so we said no.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would have taken it

I love junior suites

All i am getting is a few more sq ft and a tub....

I dont know, on a 4 day, didnt seem worth it

Now, if i got double points... Thats a whole nother story

Edited by Deptacon

I always thought that if you paid for the upgrade, you got the double points. Maybe that has changed?

I asked the rep, she said no double points because its an upgrade. Maybe i can call and ask another rep....

Edited by Deptacon

We are in the Royal Family Suite on that sailing and I have friends that have an oceanview who would like to upgrade. Too bad the offer isn't transferable.

I have them keep checking their email to see if they get an offer.

Mine is a C&A offer.

They are platinum members, so I guess they didn't get that far down in the loyalty list. Maybe tomorrow:)

I am only Gold... Think it has more to do with being in a balcony already

So got an email from RCCL C&A. Upgrade to Junior Suite for my 15 September sailing for 50%off.

Its a 4 night on enchantment. Currently in a balcony... 363 per person.

They offer a junior suite upgrade for 75 more total, per person.

But hey... When you upgrade... You DONT get the double C&A points... BS... That was the deal breaker so we said no.

Thoughts?

I would definitely take that offer.

I always thought that if you paid for the upgrade, you got the double points. Maybe that has changed?

Bob, I assume that it is just a feature of this particular upsell offer, not a general policy thing.

:)

I just yesterday upgraded with that same email from a B2 to a JS and the C&A agent told me I would receive double points.

I would call again and take that upgrade in a second!!

I would call back. I just called again, asked the agent... Who then confirmed with the upgrade supervisor and who also called a senior person with C&A...

Due to it being a reduced rate upgrade.... No double C&A points. Even if paying for the upgrade.... Because the rate is reduced, no double C&A for the balcony to JS

Edited by Deptacon

I would call back. I just called again, asked the agent... Who then confirmed with the upgrade supervisor and who also called a senior person with C&A...

Due to it being a reduced rate upgrade.... No double C&A points. Even if paying for the upgrade.... Because the rate is reduced, no double C&A for the balcony to JS

I would still go for the upgrade.

My guess is that you will receive the double points despite what they told you. I don't thing that this computer software is complex enough to distinguish between the different offers.

In a New York second. I wouldn't even flinch.

You lose that much in your couch cushions and a few lunches in a month.

No question. Unless you don't like a little extra room.

I would find out where you would end up though...that would be my only caveat.

Enjoy!

Did you call C & A or the main RCI line? I spoke directly with C & A and she told me I would get the points. Either way .... I would take the upgrade, points or not for the bigger room!

• 2 months later...

Reading this thread with interest since I upgraded from an E1 to a Jr Suite as a solo cruiser. Nowhere in the email sent to me does it say you won't get the additional points! I paid for my upgrade. I called C&A and was then transferred to the Resolution Dept.

They told me that whenever you have a reduced rate for a cabin, you lose the benefit of the extra points, even if you PAY for the upgrade.

I feel like I wasn't given the information I needed to make a good decision about whether to upgrade or not. Needless to say, I'll never pay to upgrade again unless the cabin is more important than the points. :(

Edited by tinkerme1

Reading this thread with interest since I upgraded from an E1 to a Jr Suite as a solo cruiser. Nowhere in the email sent to me does it say you won't get the additional points! I called C&A and was then transferred to the Resolution Dept.

They told me that whenever you have a reduced rate for a cabin, you lose the benefit of the extra points, even if you PAY for the upgrade.

I feel like I wasn't given the information I needed to make a good decision about whether to upgrade or not. Needless to say, I'll never pay to upgrade again unless the cabin is more important than the points. :(

Thanks for reporting back, the info you gave is what my understanding was too.