Tissues?

Great I'll unpack the rolls of TP! :D:D

Seriously, speaking of bathroom amenities, unless you are in a suite, it's typical to only have bars of soap, and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

Edited by clarea

Seriously, speaking of bathroom amenities, unless you are in a suite, it's typical to only have bars of soap, and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

It's on my list to pack my own this cruise...I detest washing my hands with bars of soap so I'm packing liquid as well as our own bath products.

Packing...that's always a great feeling! Just checking to see if Brilliance has tissue in the rooms...or need I bring my own box of Kleenex? Also...has anyone seen sugar free syrup in the any of the Windjammer or in the MRD?

If you don't see the sugar free syrup, just asked. Never had a problem getting that. They did take away the sugar free jelly on my last 2 cruises.

I would assume the tissues and toilet paper provided are those best suited for the ship's waste systems and the environment.I would ask someone in the know on the ship before using my own paper products.

True ... The toilet paper provided is made to work best in their waste system.

Think is called "marine grade" and is sold in some marinas for people with private yachts/boats.

Bottom Line: Best not to take your own.

LuLu

I would assume the tissues and toilet paper provided are those best suited for the ship's waste systems and the environment.

I would ask someone in the know on the ship before using my own paper products.

When we boarded the Legend in FLL in April, we discovered Kirkland t.p. in our cabin (Costco's brand). Apparently, when Legend arrived in San Diego 2 weeks earlier, the container with the t.p. didn't show up at the pier so ship staff were sent to every store they could find to buy all the t.p. they could! We were the lucky ones to get Costco's t.p.!!! :D

When we boarded the Legend in FLL in April, we discovered Kirkland t.p. in our cabin (Costco's brand). Apparently, when Legend arrived in San Diego 2 weeks earlier, the container with the t.p. didn't show up at the pier so ship staff were sent to every store they could find to buy all the t.p. they could! We were the lucky ones to get Costco's t.p.!!! :D

BTW, Kirkland is often made by Kimberly-Clark - think Kleenex and Huggies!!

So funny? I'm trying to picture a parade of people in RCI jackets wheeling a train of carts out of Costco stacked high with toilet paper.

As for the tissues, I tossed a travel pack of Kleenex into my luggage last minute before my December cruise, despite the fact that I knew they provided tissues on board. I managed to find an active cold germ on some surface in one of the last few days of the cruise and several hours of using the provided tissues left my nose red and raw. Then I came across that travel pack of Kleenex and buried my nose into one of those ... it was such a relief. I made sure I discarded them in a wastebasket so they wouldn't become a plumbing problem, but I really do advise that you take soft tissues ... and I hope you won't need them.

I would assume the tissues and toilet paper provided are those best suited for the ship's waste systems and the environment.... I would ask someone in the know on the ship before using my own paper products.

If tissues from home are put in the garbage and not down the toilet, it is OK. We do this all the time; the tissues in hotels and on cruise ships are not soft or strong. :o

...I detest washing my hands with bars of soap so I'm packing liquid as well as our own bath products.

We do that too! Liquid soap on all vacations. We find one bottle lasts us about a week. If we run out, then we use the bar soap.

Have fun. Brilliance is beautiful. Don't forget to eat outside in the very back of the Windjammer! Take a shawl and enjoy the view. Glorious!

Laughing at this thread…we just disembarked Navigator on 8/31, and DH's comment as we left the terminal was that the only bright spot about leaving a ship and going home was going back to the world of soft TP.:D

I'm sure that the TP aboard ships is extra super duper biodegradable in order to work well with the onboard sewage system. So I do get it. My complaint is that it seems to begin it's biodegrading process while you are still using it…:o

Judy

True ... The toilet paper provided is made to work best in their waste system.

Think is called "marine grade" and is sold in some marinas for people with private yachts/boats.

Bottom Line: Best not to take your own.

LuLu

The question was....tissue....as in Kleenex type tissue! Not considering taking my own TP, although I'm sure if my luggage was the lucky luggage to be inspected at the airport, someone would get a chuckle out of a 4 pack of TP.:p

The question was....tissue....as in Kleenex type tissue! Not considering taking my own TP, although I'm sure if my luggage was the lucky luggage to be inspected at the airport, someone would get a chuckle out of a 4 pack of TP.:p

Not to worry, there is a box of tissue in the bathroom, and usually an extra one under the counter as well. Not the softest, but tissue nevertheless!

Judy