Food on Azura

PurpleMoonlight

Well, I don't know what people are moaning about, I though the food was wonderful. :D

I was a little worried having read reports of it being worse than last year, but in my opinion it wasn't and was probably better. There seems to me more choices this year with a small range of every popular dishes (eg prawn cocktail & steak) available every night and then the nights individual alternatives. The plated service over silver service made no difference whatsoever.

The waiters and wine waiter were as friendly as ever.

The only thing I was annoyed about was having to pay full cruise price to guarantee the early sitting, only to find the restaurant 20% empty. :mad:

Well, I don't know what people are moaning about, I though the food was wonderful. :D

I was a little worried having read reports of it being worse than last year, but in my opinion it wasn't and was probably better. There seems to me more choices this year with a small range of every popular dishes (eg prawn cocktail & steak) available every night and then the nights individual alternatives. The plated service over silver service made no difference whatsoever.

The only thing I was annoyed about was having to pay full cruise price to guarantee the early sitting, only to find the restaurant 20% empty. :mad:

I reckon I would be a bit miffed also.

We had the reverse experienced with regards the dining times on the Ventura last week.

Having booked a late saver fare we expected to be given the first sitting. We were in fact given Freedom dining which from now on will be our preferred option.

No no no this cannot be true. You cannot have enjoyed a P&O cruise. There are a group of people on here who will not like it as they cannot comprehend how anyone could like P&O.

On the other hand PM I find your response to your cruise to be far more akin to the reports you see on FB were the vast majority of posters have had a fantastic time.

Glad you had a great time, we hope to emulate you next week on Oceana.

Happy Cruising

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We found the food on azura to be great and the service excellent. In my opinion they should scrap the dishes available every day and extend the normal menu to make more variation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they tried that and it did not work. The new split menu system is a good idea IMO and I quite often order something off the 'always' menu.

They did scrap the "always available" of steak, chicken, salmon for a period but there was uproar among some of the P&O regulars so it was reintroduced. Personally always been sufficient choice on the main menu to have never use the "always available".

What was wrong with he 80's ? I like prawn cocktail and steak am I not allowed to like those things ! Must I like only things served with a foam or under a smoked dish.

Stand up for favourites over the years I say .... Prawn cocktail, fish in batter, cheese salad, ice berg lettuce, jam roly poly !!!!!!!!!:):):)

...tomato soup, eggs mayonnaise, grilled chicken, sometimes the main menu choices just don't attract me.

Just returned from Ventura and did not like the plated meals, or the choice of menu. I got tired of having to choose of the favourites menu most nights out of the fortnight!! The food was not hot and the vegetables were not cooked either, they were just hot and raw.