Millennium sails from Vancouver on her way to Tokyo

elena7seas

It was such a lovely afternoon on Friday that I drove down to the port to see Millie sail away from Vancouver.

i-snKcd8F-XL.jpg

It was almost 4:30 pm, and everything was ready...

i-PX6RmQM-XL.jpg

I knew that Arno (Cruisenut) and Joanne were on the ship, and I thought perhaps I caught a glimpse of them on the Sunset Deck.

i-3kQ5Q98-XL.jpg

Even after I transferred the photos to my computer and enlarged them, I couldn't tell for sure if it was Arno and Joanne....it looked like them...

i-GFcP5R2-XL.jpg

But then again, maybe not...

i-8G9hL72-XL.jpg

I really don't know, but I got the handsome gentleman to wave at me, so all was not lost! Didn't get a picture of that, though.

Something was delaying the Millennium's departure, so in the meantime, I watched the HAL Zaandam pull away....

i-PCBqVqX-XL.jpg

and the RCI Radiance of the Seas sail away...

i-SttxPHj-XL.jpg

and finally a barge pulled away from the port side of the ship...

i-6GQ6jdS-XL.jpg

I don't know what the hold up was but it was fun to watch the little tug do her work.

i-Zcc6Fpw-XL.jpg

And then it was time for the Millennium to pull out at 5:45 pm.

i-NgZ9pbs-XL.jpg

Beautiful ship...exciting destination...sure wish I was on board!!!

i-CrnxB72-XL.jpg

Edited by elena7seas

Thanks for the fabulous photos, Eileen! Looks like Arno and Joanne had a beautiful day for sail-out! :cool:

Oh, and I'm sure that one of our more experienced mariners will correct me if I am wrong -- but that barge you saw looks a lot like the "floating gas stations" that we often see refueling ships in port. Looks like the Captain decided to "top off the tank", before the long journey across the Pacific! ;)

GREAT pics !!

Thanks for doing this (going to the Port)... And sharing the pics with all of us.

Lovely day in Vancouver for Sailaway (lol then again compared to here... Most days are mild & nice in Gastown)

Cool that there were CC regulars aboard

Here is hoping everyone has a safe & pleasant cruise.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone, for the kind words. It was fun to watch the ship for a while and then watch her sail away. I felt so sorry for the poor fellows who just have to stand there, waiting to cast off the lines. They were standing by for the best part of two hours for a total of two minutes work.

Arno, I took a few photos of the helipad, but didn't blow any of them up, so I don't know if I got a shot of you or not. I took some video as well, so I'll take a look at that.

Sorry to hear about the rocky weather. Hope it is smooth sailing from here on out.

I couldn't believe how few people were at the Sunset Bar for sail away...are there not too many Cruise Critic folks on this cruise?