Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Hi! Lovely to see previous cruise friends here :)

We've docked at Civitavecchia. Popped in to WindJammer for some OJ but they'd not started the machine yet. Settled for next best thing. Chocolate milk. It's vegetable right? Or is it fruit

Then to Guest Services to enquire about missing restaurant package credit. Those who followed my 'conversation' on Legend will remember that a precruise room change caused all sorts of issues with this credit being applied. Same appears to be happening here. In Solarium Bistro last night they had my reservation down under the old room number......

Heading out now. Buon giorno a tutti!

Am back from Rome. What a fabulous day. I can't recommend RomeInLimo highly enough. Our driver and guide, Enrico, was brilliant. We saw so much in a very little time.... it's never enough really in one day to see a city so spectacular and diverse. We had a lovely air conditioned van that I could stand up in! At 5'9" no mean feat! Being smaller than your average tour bus meant that we could nip in and out of side streets with impunity. Can't wait to share the pics with you.... actually you'll have to wait as I've still not finished posting day 1!

Am trying something for the very first time..... fingers crossed this works.... can I have a drum roll please.....

Currently in bathrobe. There's a glass of red with my name on it in the D Lounge. Can someone let me know if the files uploaded ok.

Day 1 (Sept 18) Compass.pdf

Day 1 (Sept 18) Evening Planner.pdf

Am trying something for the very first time..... fingers crossed this works.... can I have a drum roll please.....

Currently in bathrobe. There's a glass of red with my name on it in the D Lounge. Can someone let me know if the files uploaded ok.

Those files look outstanding. Did you bring a scanner with you?

No outside view....

WP_001165.jpg

On my wanderings :

WP_001169.jpg

WP_001170.jpg

I am in room 7168; forward, portside not far from elevator lobby.

WP_001171.jpg

This is a connecting room. Was unoccupied the first night then some guests had flooding from the bathroom in their room and the moved in...... quiet..... no issues at all.

The connecting door is near the room door

WP_001172.jpg

The ubiquitous power socket pic.

WP_001174.jpg

Subscribed:)

I'm so excited at the thought of reading your Oasis Med blog as I'm on the same cruise on Allure next September. I never wanted to go on an Oasis class as I like smaller ships, but Allure suits my schedule and we got a good deal from our US ta. It'll be my first cruise as D+ after I reach that level on our mutual Rhapsody cruise next May (not likely to use the CL though as I'll be with my Mum who is still Emerald)

Enjoy your cruise

Subscribed:)

I'm so excited at the thought of reading your Oasis Med blog as I'm on the same cruise on Allure next September. I never wanted to go on an Oasis class as I like smaller ships, but Allure suits my schedule and we got a good deal from our US ta. It'll be my first cruise as D+ after I reach that level on our mutual Rhapsody cruise next May (not likely to use the CL though as I'll be with my Mum who is still Emerald)

Enjoy your cruise

Ahoy!! Welcome aboard! :D

Cafe Promenade

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1573.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

DSCN1575.jpg

6 different kinds of salt

DSCN1587.jpg

The idea being is they give you bread and unsalted butter and you try the different salts on it...... my only problem this evening is the rubbish Gluten Free bread they gave me..... those who follow my blogs will recognise the bread as I did..... and my heart sank....

DSCN1588.jpg

First course..... refer to menu above..... each component was described to me in detail....

DSCN1589.jpg

This asparagus dish would be my perfect starter for a 3 course meal

DSCN1590.jpg

They made the pasta GF for me.....

DSCN1591.jpg

DSCN1592.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The chef made tenderloin for me specially GF. I have NEVER eaten a steak like it ANYWHERE. My perfect entree. I got extra butternut squash mash...... how could I resisit?

DSCN1593.jpg

This dessert. This is the only chocolate dessert that should exist. No other dessert should be called chocolate. I have decided.

DSCN1594.jpg

--------------------------------------

I now have to upload day 2...... I'll be back.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thank you Linda for your most interesting blog. I am enjoying it immensely...

I board Oasis in 24 days and can hardly wait. I love seeing all the pictures..I may not be so overwhelmed when I see everything in person. I'll still be the one looking like a deer in headlights, LOL

Good for you for losing the 19 pounds..you're looking great!! You looked great before anyways...but I bet you're feeling better with the clothes being a little looser at this point in the cruise!! :p

The only thing that I can suggest you do is.........keep enjoying yourself....and thanks again for sharing your experience with us!!

Joyce :D

Thanks Joyce! I've put it all back on since Thursday....... :o :rolleyes:

Lionesss..... I found something on board for you..... will need to get a pic....

Left the laptop on over night hoping it would upload day 2 pics while I slept.... didn't work..... really needs me to nurse it.....