Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

I went to Johnny Rockets to have some breakfast..... I didn't stay because :

1. I wasn't hungry and

2. They didn't want to get my specialty coffee or provide freshly squeezed OJ.

DSCN1595.jpg

DSCN1596.jpg

I head to Central Park for the talk about the environment that is Central Park.

DSCN1597.jpg

I'm going to attend the same talk next cruise all being well..... it was so interesting I will have to take notes and write them up. Am a bear of very little brain these days and don't retain facts like I used to. Here are pics though.

DSCN1600.jpg

DSCN1601.jpg

DSCN1602.jpg

Heading in to Naples now. Catch you later.

It's very hot out already.....

If you have a chance to pick the brains of anyone "in the know" about upcoming changes to the Oasis, please let us know. I am particularly interested to know if the far aft Boardwalk cabins on Decks 11 & 12 (particularly x329, x327, x729, x727) are going away as we are booked in 11329 in May. Rumors are that they are as people in those cabins through November are being displaced. I am hoping that is just due to construction machinery and noise.

Your review is wonderful and I am eagerly hanging onto every word!:D

If you have a chance to pick the brains of anyone "in the know" about upcoming changes to the Oasis, please let us know. I am particularly interested to know if the far aft Boardwalk cabins on Decks 11 & 12 (particularly x329, x327, x729, x727) are going away as we are booked in 11329 in May. Rumors are that they are as people in those cabins through November are being displaced. I am hoping that is just due to construction machinery and noise.

Your review is wonderful and I am eagerly hanging onto every word!:D

More Info

Originally Posted by S.O.C.I.O.C.A.T.s View Post

A large number of contractors from CENTURY Sea Port came on in Barcelona for the 9/18 cruise. A day later all the furniture had been removed from the 11th and 12th floor "secret balconies" aqua area. Today contractors started working on the area and it is closed to all passengers.

Just received a message from a friend in one of the Aqua Theater suites who is complaining about the noise coming from the construction on decks 11 and 12. They are not amused.

So its looks to be true

Edited by Spring

What a wonderful review! I'm seriously thinking our week long cruise isn't going to be long enough to see and do everything on the ship. Maybe we will have to skip going onshore at the ports.

How are the pools?

Am back on board.... the pools look to be busy.... not going to venture in as I am more of a lane swimmer as opposed to bobbing about aimlessly..... it's much calmer in the Solarium and I may very well head there some time. :)

I want to acknowledge the excellent and detailed description.

DSCN1603.jpg

DSCN1604.jpg

Different plants combine, growing around each other.....

DSCN1605.jpg

A small intruder was discovered and handed over.....

DSCN1606.jpg

DSCN1607.jpg

Bougainvillea is thriving

DSCN1608.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Will be following this blog...Hi Linda

hmmmm

photo of the large Central Park balconies deck 11 next to the Living wall and speaking of the Living wall some photos of that.

I would be interested if you can find out what they will do with the plant life in Central Park for the Atlantic crossing...leave it alone, remove them??

Oh yes have a wonderful time.

Hi there,

DSCN1610.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

Irrigation.

DSCN1614.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg

As you can see the containers the plant pots are in are blue. This was raised at the time of installation. Shrug. ALL the plants are coming out during dry dock and probably before..... and the containers will be painted green. The plants will then be returned.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

There is a C&A tier event at the Aqua theatre and we are treated to a diving demo.

Mimosa time!!

1459070_10154630109195352_1531072038664893161_n.jpg?oh=545358f287c8046e7eb93cea8689c425&oe=54C59159&__gda__=1421819489_f257ff83b29286ea31be068c01d078e5

DSCN1618.jpg

Crazy high

DSCN1622.jpg

A very different way of arranging pics..... you swipe your seapass card and the system directs you to the tower and folder where your pics are located.

Sigh. I have no idea why the image won't load.... it's not showing here.... link is perfect....

DSCN1625.jpg

I am now much more conscious of living plant life on board. This from a lift.

DSCN1629.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thanks Joyce! I've put it all back on since Thursday....... :o :rolleyes:

Lionesss..... I found something on board for you..... will need to get a pic....

Left the laptop on over night hoping it would upload day 2 pics while I slept.... didn't work..... really needs me to nurse it.....

Linda..........................

Cannot wait to see what you found.

Maybe if it is not removed when we sail the Oasis in 10 months (:eek:), I will find it too.

Thanks

Sea Ya

A very different way of arranging pics..... you swipe your seapass card and the system directs you to the tower and folder where your pics are located.

Sigh. I have no idea why the image won't load.... it's not showing here.... link is perfect....

DSCN1625.jpg

A great idea IF it worked properly. Many (most) of our pictures weren't in there but we did have several photos of different people in our box :rolleyes:

BTW enjoying the review and - like many others- very interested to hear what changes will be made as there are so many conflicting stories floating around.

Edited by Bobal

OK lots of other images not displaying properly....... currently uploading to photobucket..... will try again later.....

One complaint...... no motion of the ocean being midship on deck 7.... apologies if I mentioned this before.... but I was looking forward to being rocked to sleep!!! Loving all the art work..... time to head out and try that tapas someone recommended earlier.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

OK lots of other images not displaying properly....... currently uploading to photobucket..... will try again later.....

One complaint...... no motion of the ocean being midship on deck 7.... apologies if I mentioned this before.... but I was looking forward to being rocked to sleep!!! Loving all the art work..... time to head out and try that tapas someone recommended earlier.....

Photobucket had a bit of a glitch a few minutes ago. I had issues uploading, so reverted to using the app and is now working.:)

I'm enjoying your blog. When we were going to Malaga for the second time we wanted to do something different. My research led me to the glass and crystal museum. It looked so nice but it was closed on the day we were there. I'm not sure if it's your "cup of tea," but here is the info and website address. Not having been there myself I can't really recommend it but if we ever get to Malaga again I definitely want to see it.

Coleccion del Vidrio y Cristal de Malaga

Pazuela Santisimo Cristo de la Sangre 2

(In front of the Iglesia de San Felipe Neri)

11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.

http://www.museovidrioycristalmalaga.com/museoingles/index.html

Mary

Thanks Mary, will look into this.

I am not into speculation about dry dock and will only post definitive information obtained from reliable sources. I am not following the running thread on the board. I have a breakfast meeting tomorrow and have reached out to other senior staff. I'm on board for over a week still. Let me do my 'thing'.

Photobucket seems to be behaving itself now. Let's continue with lunch.

We were a small bunch off CC roll call members.

They were given this bread and tapanade.

DSCN1637.jpg

I was given this..... sigh..... again.....

DSCN1638.jpg

I had the turkey scallopine.... was good.....

DSCN1639.jpg

And this familiar stalwart

DSCN1640.jpg

This is one brand of bottled water I have been given as part of the RR package.

DSCN1641.jpg

Caribbean line dancing. Yes. I did.

DSCN1642.jpg