Most Cruised

Gbeman

We suspect that those that say they don't want one are those that have never been awarded one.

I have a sea witch snow globe from 1998 on grand. That I kept.

I'm certainly not going to display the little crystal paperweights

in my home, like some sort of pretentious snob.

Why would you want a glass paperweight from a cruise that you hadn't been on if they didn't have the correct one? I'm confused???:confused:

How many are there? I'm thinking one from each area like southern Caribbean, Panama canal, Orient,etc.

When there is a new captain's circle host, s/he may not know to check for the right one.

Meant to put this in my previous post on MTP trivia...

If you are one of the top 3 MTP's, you can always exchange your crystal award for a bottle of wine. Unfortunately, it's the cheap champagne:(. Since the winners can also get Godiva chocolate instead of the champagne, I would think that the crystal award could also be exchanged for a box of chocolates.

For what it's worth...a little MTP trivia:

Actually the award crystals are 3"x4"x3/4" and the etched design on the "crystal" is the same as the design on the little sticker you get in the "Welcome Back" card placed in your cabin on embarkation day.

Recently they've come out with some new ones and retired some of the older ones. I believe the CC host on one of our recent cruises told us the one for Tahiti is no longer available.

We suspect that those that say they don't want one are those that have never been awarded one. Then at the other end of the spectrum there are some frequent winners who don't want any more especially when on b2b's where they win several and they are heavy little things so if flying and you have 4 or 5 can certainly add weight to the luggage.:)

Also another bit of MTP trivia is that the Most Traveled (#1) in addition to the crystal and the Veuve Cliquot also get a free formal photo. That along with the photos with the captain at the MTP lunch/cocktail party and the one at the CC party when the awards are made add up to a lot of pictures. Don't know what anyone does with all of those. Some of the folks that have 2000 days or so could probably paper a room with them. :D

If thats aimed at my comment, I am never likely to qualify even if I cruised Princess for the rest of my cruising life. My next two cruises are Celebrity and P&O and I am unlikely to cruise Princess in the long forseeable future, even with being Elite. Will miss the perks though 😔

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I get it that some of you don't care. Just wonder why you feel I should know that you don't care.

At the ripe old age of 53, I have done 30 cruises that average 13 days in length. Next one is 16 days and puts us over the 400 mark.

Did I book this cruise to get MTP? No... Never said I did. We are bringing 24 first time Princess passengers along and so... Yes, God Forgive us, We think it would be "nifty" to be among the most cruised.

Yep, Lots of places to see. This will be our 7th Alaska trip but we have sailed most the exotics and have land traveled every continent.

How many here have made a port call to Funafuti, Tuvalu? Vavau Tonga? Port Vila Vanuatu? Adak or Atka Alaska?

Just feel like this always turns into a .... well, contest.

Thanks to those who gave me opinions yes or no. For those who felt I needed to be instructed in how to look at things, Sorry I asked.

Please don't be sorry to ask this question. I think it's a really good one and it's something that I'm really interested in and glad to see it was asked.

I'm 33 and would love to be the MTP some day. I have no idea if there are other people in their 30's who are wanting the same thing so who knows how stiff the competition will be in 30+ years. Yes, hopefully I'm healthy enough to still be cruising then but having my picture in the Princess Patter is a goal of mine :-)

There are about 15 or 20 different paperweights symbolizing the different areas of the world where Princess sails. As people accumulate them, they would want to get one from each area they have sailed rather than a second one from an area. So they often ask the Captain's Circle host for one not representing the current cruise.

It still beats me why someone would want one from an area they haven't cruise to. Living in Florida we really have limited space to collect extra items especially from a location we haven't been to.

Oh well.

It still beats me why someone would want one from an area they haven't cruise to. Living in Florida we really have limited space to collect extra items especially from a location we haven't been to.

Oh well.

i was not referring to places we had not been. This would be If, for instance, we are in the Eastern Med and already have one from there, we might ask for a South America one since we have been there, but did not make the top three to get a paperweight.

Oh well.

I guess other people's behavior continues to be an unfathomable mystery. ;) Maybe they want a complete collection of the things to display on a knick knack shelf. Maybe they have a knick knack shelf.

Oh well.

We have all of them and need only one from each area. Every time we score in the top three I manage to give away the paperweight to someone I've met on the cruise. They are thrilled to get it and I am thrilled I don't have to take it home. :D

Oh well.

Not sure why the fact that you live in Florida has anything to do with limited space. We too live in Florida, but we have lots of space. Also I believe the poster said they weren't referring to getting an award for a place they hadn't been to, but one to which they'd cruised but hadn't won an award. For example, if you've been the most traveled passenger on 5 Caribbean cruises and won awards for each of those five and have been on a British Isles cruise but weren't the traveled, you could ask for a British Isles crystal instead of a 5th Caribbean crystal.

Not sure why the fact that you live in Florida has anything to do with limited space. We too live in Florida, but we have lots of space. Also I believe the poster said they weren't referring to getting an award for a place they hadn't been to, but one to which they'd cruised but hadn't won an award. For example, if you've been the most traveled passenger on 5 Caribbean cruises and won awards for each of those five and have been on a British Isles cruise but weren't the traveled, you could ask for a British Isles crystal instead of a 5th Caribbean crystal.

LOL. Why would you even want FOUR caribbean paperweights? :eek:

I misunderstood. I though she just wanted a collection of each one whether she traveled among the top three of not.

We just have a different outlook about what junk we keep since not having much of an attic or no basement space is at a premium. Having moved from a larger house up north our space is limited and we really don't like clutter.

Now I know the day we get one I can sell it on eBay. :)

I just got off the last Golden Princess Alaska cruise of the season, and the Most Traveled Passengers on this particular sailing were at 420 days. I'd say at least 2/3 of the ship was blue cards...

Was that the actual number of days that the three most traveled passengers had?

Seems like the higher Elites are not cruising Alaska at this time of year.

I have a spare bedroom that I call (either) the sewing room or the travel room. It has two bookcases with wonderful souvenirs from our travels all over the world. We do have one Princess Caribbean paperweight, not that we earned it (we didn't) but because the MTPs during our cruises were the MTPs for six cruises in a row and, I guess, just didn't need six more paperweights to add to theirs from the prior years. It sits proudly on the bookcase hoping to be joined by similar paperweights from other parts of the world.

My questions are these:

-Why does displaying anything from my travels in a room only my husband and I see make me a pretentious snob?

-Why would anyone pass judgment on me for displaying a paperweight I didn't earn, but one for an area I've cruised to extensively?

And one more:

-Why does anyone even care enough to form an opinion about what anyone else does or thinks or values regarding MTP and the associated perks/gifts?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

My parents have cruised extensively with Princess and have accumulated many of those paperweights. My mother has kept every single one of them. On the last cruise I sailed with her, she told the CD that she was going to have her tombstone made out of her Princess crystal paperweights. She totally gets into the cocktail parties, and getting her picture made with the captain, while my father couldn't care less. To each his own.

-Why does anyone even care enough to form an opinion about what anyone else does or thinks or values regarding MTP and the associated perks/gifts?

You could substitute "MTP and the associated perks/gifts" with just about anything on these boards. It's a good question. I guess some people think they have to approve the choices other people make since they always make the right ones themselves. :rolleyes: