Most Cruised

Gbeman

We were on b2b 5 & 7 day cruises on the Caribbean Princess 9/1 and 9/6. #1 MTP's had over 1800 days :eek: 2nd & 3rd each had over 1300.

Most of the folks at the MTP cocktail party were doing b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b.....

I mentioned this in another thread but will reiterate here. When you are doing multiple b2b's length of cruise doesn't really matter. With the discounted fares you are seeing more and more passengers from FL because we are the ones that can most easily book the flash sale cruises out of FLL.

One simply cannot go on a cruise now expecting to be among the top 3 most travelled. You never know. For example, we were the MTP on 2 longer cruises but didn't even come close on the 2 short cruises mentioned above. This year we've been on 7 Princess cruises thus far and were #1 on 2 of them (Panama Canal and British Isles), # 3 on a Caribbean, and went to the lunch/cocktail party at all of the others. There is no way to predict and just go and be surprised if you are one of the top 3.

By the way, we love being #1 but not for picture or ego thing...it's the Veuve Cliquot. Really like the stuff but we won't buy it because it's too expensive.

We happen to have been the #3 on the 9/6 sailing. The Hostess almost seemed to be apologetic when she told me. Something like " Bet you are used to being #1". As for folks getting all these cruises because of where they live-It is not the number of cruises but the number of days. I met a man who had over 100 cruises with Princess and he did not make the top 5 in days. Maybe we could really make this interesting and do some combination of #of days divided by # of cruises with the winner being the one with the highest average days per cruise. Of course you would have to set a minimum number of cruises or else the winner would the person who had taken one cruise but it was a 110 day World Cruise. How much fun would this be they just did like P&O and take the top 10 couples and hold a drawing. It certainly did away with the same folks winning every week:). At the time MTP got a nice clock.

I made #1 MTP one time. It was a 7-day Western Caribbean, round trip out of Galveston, and we disembarked on Christmas Eve morning. I only had 250 days. Now with close to 500 days, I haven't made the top three since, and I am just happy to get invited to the luncheon/cocktail party.:)

I made #1 MTP one time. It was a 7-day Western Caribbean, round trip out of Galveston, and we disembarked on Christmas Eve morning. I only had 250 days. Now with close to 500 days, I haven't made the top three since, and I am just happy to get invited to the luncheon/cocktail party.:)

In all of our 7 day trips we've found that Elites don't like to book 7 day trips as much as 10 or longer...provided that there isn't some smoking hot deal with hundreds of dollars cabin credit.

I might live to be 3,475 years old. In that case, on my final cruise I will be the most traveled passenger but will probably die the day before they have the MTP deal onboard.

Alternately, I will never be MTP but won't care at all. This is a far more likely scenario. My real goal is not to be the Most Traveled Passenger but simply to be a passenger. If I can keep cruising I think that will satisfy me.

Best of luck on your goal to one day be MTP. As you have acknowledged, it's a bit silly to care but we all have silly things that we'd like to do or experience. Nothing wrong with that at all.

We agree 100% with Thrak. As long as we are healthy enough to cruise/travel we are happy. Nothing at all wrong with anyone wanting to achieve your goals described in this thread, just not important to us.

Even Alaska can vary greatly...once for an early June cruise I had just reached elite & was #7 with the top 3 cutoff at 250 days. During a b2b Alaskan cruise in July 2013 with over 300 days we got invited to both cocktail parties but alas the lunch once again eluded us. ;). The top 2 passengers had over 1400 days & think #3 was about 800 days. I've also heard that Panama Canal cruises have many new Princess passengers like to Alaska but still didn't get invited to the MTP event.

On longer cruises we don't waste our time asking the onboard Captain's Circle rep who only chuckles when saying "no" to us. :p

For us it's the cruises that we enjoy & maybe one day we'll get to experience a MTP lunch however it's doubtful if I'll live that long. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were on an Alaska cruise this summer got invited to the most traveled cocktail party. We we surprised as we only have a 150+ days. We were excited, then the party was canceled due to a breakout on the ship! Go figure, still had a great cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

IMHO, getting invited to the MT Captain's lunch is my favorite perk. Much better than the champagne and paperweight.:D

I cannot understand the fascination with a lunch and a crappy paperweight.

If I were to make it Gbeman, you're more than welcome to go in my place.

Mike:)

Damn. As someone at the end of the baby boom, I can't tell you how many times in my life I've heard exactly. those. words.

*snort*

Just keep softly repeating "attrition" to yourself . . .

See, personally, I'm holding off on Alaska precisely in order to earn more sea days first and thus make it more likely to get a cocktail/lunch invite.

Actually, that's not true. I'm holding off on Alaska because I'm not terribly keen on that itinerary: unbridled nature and cold-based scenery sound kind of boring. But I tell everyone it's because of the MTP thing as that makes me sound less shallow.

Why when there are so many other places in the world to see? New at the crusing game but Alaska 22 times? As my kids would say, seen one Kodiak bear, seen.....

I guess someone might ask you what you have against bears. :) Why? Why do people do anything? They like the place. I don't think anyone would force you at gunpoint to go, so I don't see why you care.

Why when there are so many other places in the world to see? New at the crusing game but Alaska 22 times? As my kids would say, seen one Kodiak bear, seen.....

Why? because I like it and I can. How many people in Florida continually sail to the Caribbean? To me one beach is the same as another. I can sail to Alaska without having to fly, or just take a short flight up the coast. I also grew up in a family that travelled the world. Dad worked for the airlines for 40 years and Mom was a TA for almost 50, I'd guess I've been to way more places than most people.

At this point I'll settle for just becoming Elite. LOL. So close yet so far, only a few more cruises but knowing my luck the policy will change to strictly days when I'm one cruise away. (Sigh) work definitely gets in the way of my cruising life.

Yeah, we've been softly repeating "attrition" for years. And they're still doing 150+ days a year. We're no match for them.

If you're no match where does that put the rest of us who only take 2, 3 or 4 cruises a year? :D

I'd be happy to just know that most times I'll be in the top 40.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Why? because I like it and I can. How many people in Florida continually sail to the Caribbean? To me one beach is the same as another. I can sail to Alaska without having to fly, or just take a short flight up the coast. I also grew up in a family that travelled the world. Dad worked for the airlines for 40 years and Mom was a TA for almost 50, I'd guess I've been to way more places than most people.

We have the same attitude about sailing to the Caribbean again and again. Why? because we like it and we can. There hasn't been a new island stop for us in many years but we continue to sail over & over. People ask us all the time why we don't choose a new place to sail but we're content with local sailings leaving from Ft Lauderdale without flying. :D