Most Cruised

Gbeman

It's more than just the lunch, although the food is top notch, it's very interesting to meet the officers and staff that work on the ship. I like hearing about their jobs, how long they've been with Princess, and where they are from.

Totally agree with you, done it quite a few times, more cocktail parties now though for us, and of course nothing on the 4 or 5 days out of FLL except a restaurant voucher.

We love when we get included in the MTP whether it is a lunch or cocktail party. Personally we prefer the cocktail party - it suits us better. I like the casualness of it and the fact we get to meet more officers. But like I said I am happy to just be included.

We too prefer to take longer cruises of at least ten days. And when we can we like to add another sailing before or after.

We have never been the top three and doubt I will ever see it. But I am always happy for those that are.

Happy Sailing

Vickie

Yeah, we've been softly repeating "attrition" for years. And they're still doing 150+ days a year. We're no match for them.

We gave up on attrition being the answer as we really like some of those people with over 700 days on board - you included....:D

We are just taking it as it comes these days, relaxing and enjoying our cruises, being grateful for the ability to cruise when we choose, and doing the MTP thing when we do qualify....

How is your mom doing? She has been in our prayers.

Why when there are so many other places in the world to see? New at the crusing game but Alaska 22 times? As my kids would say, seen one Kodiak bear, seen.....

Well, we think the scenery is beautiful and there is a lot to do and see. In the summer, our choices are flying overseas (Europe mostly) or Alaska. Sometimes it is Europe, sometimes it is Alaska. In the winter our choices are South America, Australia, or the Caribbean. We head to the Caribbean - drive down and spend the winter, including doing some cruising because we love cruising. It doesn't matter so much where the ship goes, as long as we are on the ship....

OK, port choices are a bit oversimplified, but I think you get the idea. Alaska and the Caribbean are the simplest options for those of us in North America.

I get it that some of you don't care. Just wonder why you feel I should know that you don't care.

At the ripe old age of 53, I have done 30 cruises that average 13 days in length. Next one is 16 days and puts us over the 400 mark.

Did I book this cruise to get MTP? No... Never said I did. We are bringing 24 first time Princess passengers along and so... Yes, God Forgive us, We think it would be "nifty" to be among the most cruised.

Yep, Lots of places to see. This will be our 7th Alaska trip but we have sailed most the exotics and have land traveled every continent.

How many here have made a port call to Funafuti, Tuvalu? Vavau Tonga? Port Vila Vanuatu? Adak or Atka Alaska?

Just feel like this always turns into a .... well, contest.

Thanks to those who gave me opinions yes or no. For those who felt I needed to be instructed in how to look at things, Sorry I asked.

Well, we think the scenery is beautiful and there is a lot to do and see. In the summer, our choices are flying overseas (Europe mostly) or Alaska. Sometimes it is Europe, sometimes it is Alaska. In the winter our choices are South America, Australia, or the Caribbean. We head to the Caribbean - drive down and spend the winter, including doing some cruising because we love cruising. It doesn't matter so much where the ship goes, as long as we are on the ship....

OK, port choices are a bit oversimplified, but I think you get the idea. Alaska and the Caribbean are the simplest options for those of us in North America.

Don't forget Hawaii and Mexico. Those are simple options as well, especially for us in California.

Why when there are so many other places in the world to see? New at the crusing game but Alaska 22 times? As my kids would say, seen one Kodiak bear, seen.....

Sounds a bit like a famous quote from Ronald Regan when he was president. "If you've seen one redwood tree..." I've been to the California coastal redwoods many times. I never tire of them.

I've only been to Alaska once. We did a 10 day round trip from SF and did the Glacier Bay route. I intend to repeat that cruise, take the Tracy Arm route, and also to fly to Alaska, do a land tour, and then cruise back.

I also intend to travel the lower 48 states and see what is there as well. The US is a big place...

I'd also love to travel overseas but the dang air fare is insane and I'm a lowly state employee.

We gave up on attrition being the answer as we really like some of those people with over 700 days on board - you included....:D

We are just taking it as it comes these days, relaxing and enjoying our cruises, being grateful for the ability to cruise when we choose, and doing the MTP thing when we do qualify....

How is your mom doing? She has been in our prayers.

Ginger, you're very kind to ask about Mom. She is recovering from surgery just two weeks again and said today she hasn't felt this well in over a year. So, there's very good news on that front.

You're also kind to have endowed upon us nearly 100 extra Princess days. No, we're not there yet (but, fingers crossed, maybe after this winter).

I'd also love to travel overseas but the dang air fare is insane and I'm a lowly state employee.

Transatlantic. You get the fun of cruising without the torture of flying for not much more than the flight would cost you. (Yes, I know, it takes time. Hurry up and retire!) :)

Transatlantic. You get the fun of cruising without the torture of flying for not much more than the flight would cost you. (Yes, I know, it takes time. Hurry up and retire!) :)

But I still have to fly one way at least! I can't swim that far... :D

We agree 100% with Thrak. As long as we are healthy enough to cruise/travel we are happy. Nothing at all wrong with anyone wanting to achieve your goals described in this thread, just not important to us.

I agree!

So, what is the prize beside champagne?

At this point I'll settle for just becoming Elite. LOL. So close yet so far, only a few more cruises but knowing my luck the policy will change to strictly days when I'm one cruise away. (Sigh) work definitely gets in the way of my cruising life.

Ain't that the truth! LOL! :rolleyes:

I think it would be neat to be MTP one day. However, I'm doubtful it will happen to us. We travel different lines in different regions for different reasons. We just aren't committed to one cruise line. But heck, at least we are cruising! ;)

Ditto!

I agree!

So, what is the prize beside champagne?

A glass paperweight with an etched representation of your cruise (or another, if they don't have the right one).

So long as I'm posting, one reason we prefer the luncheon is that the cocktail party is right after our dinner, and not a good time for nibbles or drinks for us. YMMV.

A glass paperweight with an etched representation of your cruise (or another, if they don't have the right one).

So long as I'm posting, one reason we prefer the luncheon is that the cocktail party is right after our dinner, and not a good time for nibbles or drinks for us. YMMV.

Why would you want a glass paperweight from a cruise that you hadn't been on if they didn't have the correct one? I'm confused???:confused:

How many are there? I'm thinking one from each area like southern Caribbean, Panama canal, Orient,etc.

Why would you want a glass paperweight from a cruise that you hadn't been on if they didn't have the correct one? I'm confused???:confused:

How many are there? I'm thinking one from each area like southern Caribbean, Panama canal, Orient,etc.

There are about 15 or 20 different paperweights symbolizing the different areas of the world where Princess sails. As people accumulate them, they would want to get one from each area they have sailed rather than a second one from an area. So they often ask the Captain's Circle host for one not representing the current cruise.

My DH was invited for most travelled on our August 24 Alaska cruise with around 230 days, the most travelled was around 400 and the 3rd most travel was about 40 days more than DH. So one never knows. This was our second time most Travelled in Alaska and on a Partial Panama Canal this past January he was most Travelled. Each Most Travelled event has been different, all different ships and different Captain. We both really enjoyed the events.

Would certainly not want a paperweight - think perhaps I would prefer a speciality dinner voucher or obc. Its like those loyalty scheme level badges. Surely people don't wear them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, the paperweights are not something you wear. I would say they are a little bigger than a standard deck of playing cards.

No, the paperweights are not something you wear. I would say they are a little bigger than a standard deck of playing cards.

Well I know you don't wear a paperweight! I was referring to wearing the badges! Just something that would not interest me - another knick-knack to gather dust. Do you wear your CC badge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

We've been in the top three three times. Two for Alaska, once for the Baltic.

We would have been first on one of them but the top two were travel agents. They wore badges with the TA name on them. I didn't think that was quite fair, not specifically because we weren't first, but because it cheated two other couples out of the honor.

I know it is an ego thing, too.

I just threw some away. I should have offered here...

Panama Canal, and something else.

Kept my picture with dreadlocks and sunglasses with the captain, though...

For what it's worth...a little MTP trivia:

Actually the award crystals are 3"x4"x3/4" and the etched design on the "crystal" is the same as the design on the little sticker you get in the "Welcome Back" card placed in your cabin on embarkation day.

Recently they've come out with some new ones and retired some of the older ones. I believe the CC host on one of our recent cruises told us the one for Tahiti is no longer available.

We suspect that those that say they don't want one are those that have never been awarded one. Then at the other end of the spectrum there are some frequent winners who don't want any more especially when on b2b's where they win several and they are heavy little things so if flying and you have 4 or 5 can certainly add weight to the luggage.:)

Also another bit of MTP trivia is that the Most Traveled (#1) in addition to the crystal and the Veuve Cliquot also get a free formal photo. That along with the photos with the captain at the MTP lunch/cocktail party and the one at the CC party when the awards are made add up to a lot of pictures. Don't know what anyone does with all of those. Some of the folks that have 2000 days or so could probably paper a room with them. :D

For what it's worth...a little MTP trivia:

Actually the award crystals are 3"x4"x3/4" and the etched design on the "crystal" is the same as the design on the little sticker you get in the "Welcome Back" card placed in your cabin on embarkation day.

Recently they've come out with some new ones and retired some of the older ones. I believe the CC host on one of our recent cruises told us the one for Tahiti is no longer available.

We suspect that those that say they don't want one are those that have never been awarded one. Then at the other end of the spectrum there are some frequent winners who don't want any more especially when on b2b's where they win several and they are heavy little things so if flying and you have 4 or 5 can certainly add weight to the luggage.:)

Also another bit of MTP trivia is that the Most Traveled (#1) in addition to the crystal and the Veuve Cliquot also get a free formal photo. That along with the photos with the captain at the MTP lunch/cocktail party and the one at the CC party when the awards are made add up to a lot of pictures. Don't know what anyone does with all of those. Some of the folks that have 2000 days or so could probably paper a room with them. :D

....or line the trash can with then