BALCONIES on BRITTANIA

laurakdy

For those that have travelled on Azura and Ventura, most will probably know that C deck has the bigger balconies, which we absolutely love.

I spoke with P & O today about a cruise on Brittania and was told all balconies are the same. I was a bit surprised.

Does anyone know any differently?

Thanks

Laura

For those that have travelled on Azura and Ventura, most will probably know that C deck has the bigger balconies, which we absolutely love.

I spoke with P & O today about a cruise on Brittania and was told all balconies are the same. I was a bit surprised.

Does anyone know any differently?

Thanks

Laura

Look at princess ships. The majority of the balconies on Brittania are small. Very small.

I'd love it if they were bigger on c deck as that's where my cabin will be but like the above poster said I suspect they are all the same size apart from aft obviously. They do look small but they have a table and two chairs in your own private space, that's all I wanted from my balcony cabin.

Yep they are small. It looks like you could only sit with the chair angled. However it looks only a bit smaller than a non C deck balcony on Azura or Ventura. We tend to be on the balcony only for sail in/ sailaway so it probably would not bother us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We checked with the Princess folk who told us that on the Royal Princess that some aft cabins had huge balconies, so we booked one. :D:D

Spend a little time checking out the other posts on this issues and checking the photos. You will get the best info when asking about Royal Princess

:)

Hey unless you really liked to be overlooked 24/7 don't chose any of these.:eek:

The thought of ending up in one could determine whether or not to chose a Saver price, however in saying that I don't think Britannia is for me.

Cb

I had already decided that Arcadia is as big as I want to go. By the looks of it, on Brittania, if you go for the side ones you get a small balcony, and if you go for an aft one ,you may get a bigger balcony, but knowing that everyone walking on the skywalk could see you....not for me I am afraid...

As someone posted on the comments on the video, they are just trying to get as many cabins as possible on these ships now.....:(

The look absolutely tiny to me. There's no way I would pay for that.

That's kinda my problem. My husband doesn't bother about the balcony at all but I just like having it but having been on both the Azura & Ventura on C deck with the bigger balconies, I really liked them.

I've been on other ships with the smaller balconies and they're not worth the money.

As was pointed out, every outside cabin now has a balcony but at what cost. I'm guessing balcony prices and not outside cabin prices ?

Oh decision decisions...

We checked with the Princess folk who told us that on the Royal Princess that some aft cabins had huge balconies, so we booked one. :D:D

Spend a little time checking out the other posts on this issues and checking the photos. You will get the best info when asking about Royal Princess

Yes we used the Princess Forum was very good to gain information on balcony

Sizes, we are usually C deck on Azura so looking fo a good size balcony,

And the Aft on Britannia seem to suit but they are different sizes too, so more

Research and think we have made a good choice for 2016 😃

Yes we used the Princess Forum was very good to gain information on balcony

Sizes, we are usually C deck on Azura so looking fo a good size balcony,

And the Aft on Britannia seem to suit but they are different sizes too, so more

Research and think we have made a good choice for 2016

We've got one that has a large balcony which is part shade and part sun according to the Princess forum. Have checked with the photos of the Royal Princess and this seems right. We always spend a LOT of time researching where we are going before we book and think we have got a great cabin / balcony. I.e one that will suit our personal likes / dislikes. :)

Apologies: On checking Britannia's deck plan it appears that it will not have a Skywalk

Cb

We'll forgive you - must admit I did worry that I'd missed something.

We have had an aft cabin on the Celebrity Silhouette 3 times and know that we may risk being overlooked from the balcony above if we are at the rail. We're not too worried - we're not going to do anything that will get us on Facebook or YouTube or arrested :) ;)

Edited by Presto2

I can possibly imagine doing a cruise to the fjords in a balcony cabin on Britannia, where the balcony is mainly going to be used as somewhere to stand while gazing in wonder. My assumption is that most times there won't be much sunbathing on a fjords cruise. (I know it is possible, bu it's not semi-guaranteed in the way it is on a Med cruise.)

But I don't think I would want to do a cruise with serious sun on that size balcony.

We've got one that has a large balcony which is part shade and part sun according to the Princess forum. Have checked with the photos of the Royal Princess and this seems right. We always spend a LOT of time researching where we are going before we book and think we have got a great cabin / balcony. I.e one that will suit our personal likes / dislikes. :)

Hi Presto2

Yes like you we love Aft on Celebrity S class, we have opted for mid aft balcony

Sorry can not remember cabin number but it looks fairly deep :)

Mrs Blue Sky

Hi Presto2

Yes like you we love Aft on Celebrity S class, we have opted for mid aft balcony

Sorry can not remember cabin number but it looks fairly deep :)

Mrs Blue Sky

We're 729 we think - I think it is supposed to be of the larger ones.

Love being at the back where it is quiet - a great place to retreat to on a sea day in the school holidays when it gets busy elsewhere - and you usually keep the sun. :)

The only problem with the Royal aft cabins - there is a major soot problem, it's the same build as Britannia. Princess cruisers have indicated aft balconies unusable due to amount of greasy soot over everything. Stewards haven't been able to cope with clean up everyday.

We're 729 we think - I think it is supposed to be of the larger ones.

Love being at the back where it is quiet - a great place to retreat to on a sea day in the school holidays when it gets busy elsewhere - and you usually keep the sun. :)

Hi Presto2

Just checked paperwork D734

Sue

I have booked a single balcony cabin on Britannia.

I think they are exclusive to the Britannia and are on lido deck just behind the Crow's Nest Bar.

I wonder how big they will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only problem with the Royal aft cabins - there is a major soot problem, it's the same build as Britannia. Princess cruisers have indicated aft balconies unusable due to amount of greasy soot over everything. Stewards haven't been able to cope with clean up everyday.

On the Q and A session last week the P&O representative was asked about this (can't remember his name sorry)and he said that this issue was being rectified on the Britannia. We decided to chance it having experienced some soot on the Silhouette. We knew about the issue on the Royal Princess.