Would you go on a surprise cruise?

denmarks

Also I'd have to know whether to pack for warm or cold weather.

This would be my only requirement - I would need to know if it was hot or cold weather, dry or rainy, modest or not.

I think a surprise cruise would be fun!

The mystery cruise I've heard about sailed from England. They of course knew the embarkation port and cruise dates. Booking air wasn't an issue. :rolleyes: They were told the type of climate to expect, but didn't know the next port until either the day before or when they arrived (sorry I can't remember that detail).

The mystery cruise I've heard about sailed from England. They of course knew the embarkation port and cruise dates. Booking air wasn't an issue. :rolleyes: They were told the type of climate to expect, but didn't know the next port until either the day before or when they arrived (sorry I can't remember that detail).

Unless it was round trip from England to the Caribbean, they had to get home at the end of the cruise.........

didn't they?

Huh???? Where did I mention the Caribbean in the post quoted? The mystery cruise I mentioned happened to go to Northern Europe. Murmansk was one of the ports visited. It was a round trip cruise and the passengers knew it when they booked. NO problems with air.

Edited by Mary Ellen

Potentially, but I'd need some information such as where do we depart and arrive and what should I pack.

A ship could leave out of LA and head to Hawaii, or it could go North to Alaska. I'd enjoy both, but wouldn't be happy with only my flip flops and sundresses in Alaska!

On second thought, not sure I would like it. No time to research excursions especially if I want to set up a tour on my own.

If course, any cruise is better than being at work!

Edited by Lerin

Interesting question!

I don't think I would turn down a cruise, but I'd like a little more info, such as cruiseline, cabin type, and general area of the world we'd be visiting so I could pack for the correct climate.

But, I don't really like surprises. Half the fun of a cruise is planning and anticipating for it ahead of time.

Are you kidding me?

I'd go on a surprise cruise in a hot minute! Wouldn't take long to grab my passport and pack a few things. Heck--I'd even grab a bathing suit and a couple of pairs of chonies and stuff them in my purse if I had to. :D

Edited by Laughing Angel

Yes - that's actually how I ended up on my first cruise in the 1980s. Told my pal who was a TA roughly what months we wanted to travel, budget, that we had passports and left it up to her to book whatever she thought we would like - no restrictions (well, other than budget). She gave us a "save the date", and one week before departure told us we would be on 7-day NCL Caribbean cruise out of Miami. A cruise? really? I'm not a Love-Boat person! :eek: Of course it was wonderful, and cruising is now DH and my first choice for vacations. I'm the obsessive vacation planner for our family and love researching, daydreaming, but would happily take a mystery tour again - just tell me to bring flip-flops vs layers and I'm packed!

Edited by LoriPhil