Latest news on carnival vista

cruisingbluewaters

Someone mentioned that they thought the Havana pool area would be limited to only Havana stateroom guests during the daytime hours, and then open to the public at night.

Can you point me to somewhere where this is in writing from an official Carnival source?

I hope it's true, because I think part of the appeal to the Havana staterooms is having a very good chance of being able to get a spot by the swimming pool without having to fight off the masses. As someone else pointed out, it's the Carnival version of NCL's "Haven".

Of course, if it's not true, and all passengers have access to the Havana pool during the day... it will just get over-run by all the other passengers from deck 5 and elsewhere.

It's probably true... it certainly makes sense... I just haven't seen it in writing anywhere from an official Carnival source.

Spaniel John H. posted this information on fb at 4:21 pm yesterday. I think it's a great idea to keep access limited to Havana guests during the day. Even though I doubt I will be able to afford one of these suites. Lol.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I, for one am excited about the Havana Cabana Suites/Balconies. I've been wanting something like it for a long time. Not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get to the pool before all the chair hogs is something I am happy to pay extra for.

The rooms are gorgeous and the private patios just take it over the top. Best thing Carnival has done since Guy's Burgers.

Me too for the same reasons. It is not that much more than the Lido balcony we usually book. Can't wait until Vista comes to the Caribbean to book one.

While I really like the Havana Suites and their private pool area during the day, for the Euro itinerary they really don't make sense. There is only one sea day on the 10 day cruise and the ports start early and end late. I am thinking I will wait for the Vista to do a Caribbean sailing for one of those ;)

The Havana pool is what I always had invisioned for the adults only area for carnival instead of what they gave the adults on the breeze class of ships. They made it a little better on the sunshine giving them a pool.

Also, those nice aft balcony rooms, just lost a little bit of luster to me. Yes you get to have a nice big balcony but since the back of the ship sticks out further now you are just peeping on the select guest in the Havana pool. All the privacy that once was a highlight of an aft balcony is no gone since people on the pool deck will be able to watch you just as you are watching them.

You know there are going to be complaints about people crashing the Havana courtyards and hammocks. I can't wait to read about it!! OTOH, now, a chain and padlock will become suggested carry on hardware to lock your courtyard gate. ;)

They'll probably just leave a wristband in the staterooms, like the spa cabins, that must be worn when using the facilities. We know NOBODY will get a VIN key from guest services and share their wristband. :rolleyes:

(Or at least Cruise Critic members who founded the #CarnivalIntegrityPolice won't share.)

Edited by Pixelate

Booked!!! 2 Coves and a inside! Ouch on the deposit!

You will be getting off in Athens when we are getting on! We looked at this sailing also but it would have required 3 extra work vacation days so we went with the one that coincided with the 4th of July long weekend.

They'll probably just leave a wristband in the staterooms, like the spa cabins, that must be worn when using the facilities. We know NOBODY will get a VIN key from guest services and share their wristband. :rolleyes:

(Or at least Cruise Critic members who founded the #CarnivalIntegrityPolice won't share.)

When I did a mock booking a box popped up that said the Havana Suites were considered spa suites. Also access to the spa was included.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You know there are going to be complaints about people crashing the Havana courtyards and hammocks. I can't wait to read about it!! OTOH, now, a chain and padlock will become suggested carry on hardware to lock your courtyard gate. ;)

I was wondering the same thing. Also, wonder how they will prevent regular guests from entering the Havana Pool area from the Havana Bar during the day. And when the pool area is opened to the public at night, what prevents anyone from walking around that little wall thing and strolling past your Havana hacienda? I don't want to keep my curtains drawn all the time! While I love the look, I probably won't book one for this reason and the fact that your 'balcony' is so far from the water with the walkway in front.

I was wondering the same thing. Also, wonder how they will prevent regular guests from entering the Havana Pool area from the Havana Bar during the day. And when the pool area is opened to the public at night, what prevents anyone from walking around that little wall thing and strolling past your Havana hacienda? I don't want to keep my curtains drawn all the time! While I love the look, I probably won't book one for this reason and the fact that your 'balcony' is so far from the water with the walkway in front.

Probably a wristband... ;)

Just spent two and a half hours hearing about the Vista at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Quite an event. Your pics are better than mine but happy to answer any questions.

Correct 2 day to nowhere and two 8 days. Schedule after coming later next month.

I wonder if they will let the passengers on the TA that are doing a B2B with the two night stay onboard over that lapse. They did with the Magic so some might expect them to hold this "tradition."

While I really like the Havana Suites and their private pool area during the day, for the Euro itinerary they really don't make sense. There is only one sea day on the 10 day cruise and the ports start early and end late. I am thinking I will wait for the Vista to do a Caribbean sailing for one of those ;)

That is what we will be doing too, waiting until the Vista starts Caribbean sailings & will probably do B2B depending on how long the Vistas cruises are.

But do you really think CCL Would do a transitioning cruise during thanksgiving week.

I don't think that would influence their decision. It is possible they could just move the ship without passengers aboard but I doubt it will happen. To good of an opportunity. We will know more next month.

But do you really think CCL Would do a transitioning cruise during thanksgiving week.

Absolutely. Repositioning cruises are usually their least profitable sailings, dragging those who pay a lower per diem with very little onboard spend. The Oasis of the Seas TA dropped to $299. Do you really think an entire ship of Diamond and Diamond Plus were going on a shopping spree or drinking much with the average age of 80 onboard?

Thanksgiving sailings are actually quite popular, to be honest.

Edited by Pixelate