Concierge Lounge on Oasis

buckeye rob

Not really unsubstantiated rumors... There are several reasons. DD is at the top of the list, far fewer choices that interest me. The exceptional CL on Oasis and Allure has kept me coming back and I often enjoyed lunch and a beer in the CL. Now, Coastal Kitchen exists for P and suites I just don't see RCL offering lunch in 2 places (assuming that the CL still exists). There has been constant cost cutting at RCL ( no chocolates at night, fewer free items in the coupon book, etc) After a while it all adds up. The disappearance of the Headliner Show on Oasis. I enjoyed seeing BeatleMania and Mosaic. Finally the confusing price strategy at RCL where they raise the prices and then put them on sale. I really don't like playing their pricing games.

Yes, Princess seems to be an equivalent product to RCL but usually cheaper.

BTW the airline analogy is not appropriate. Since the airlines have been deregulated, most of us really don't have a choice about an airline. I'm stuck with Delta and for me to fly another airline, I need to make at least 1 more stop. Most cruise lines offer similar itineraries.

Come and join me at Princess

Dynamic Dining has not been rolled out yet. We do not know the exact status of the CL and what will be offered, so it is difficult to judge on either point. I agree that RCI has seen cost cutting, but so have the other cruise lines. I don't recall there being a 24-hour lounge on Princess for loyalty or suites passengers.

We have sailed twice on Princess. We didn't like the first cruise and decided to give them another chance. We didn't like the second cruise any better than the first. They were 15- and 10-night sailings, so we had sufficient opportunity to judge. We booked a Coastal cruise earlier this year on Princess and they cancelled the cruise, so that is our sum total experience with them.

We have our choice of many airlines, as do most people, so I think my comparison is valid. We all have choices, and we all have different levels of appreciation.

Interesting article in the 10/20/14 Travel Weekly magazine about the Oasis changes. The last paragraph.....

"The Concierge Club on Deck 11 has been enlarged to accommodate Wonderland restaurant. Izumi Japanese Cuisine on Deck 16 was eliminated"

I guess we'll find out soon.

My thought is they are going to expand the upstairs portion (deck 12) of the CL to make Wonderland. This is being dubbed a "niche" restaurant onboard Oasis and will NOT be as large as Quantum wonderland.

So if CL is still on deck 11, hopefully everyone will be pleased. I know I will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have our choice of many airlines, as do most people, so I think my comparison is valid. We all have choices, and we all have different levels of appreciation.

Nope. Sorry. In almost every cruise market, I have several choices for similar itineraries. But for airlines there is seldom more than one convenient choice to cruise departure cities from many US cities.

I'm sorry that Princess isn't the best for you, but most reviews indicate that Princess is similar to RCL but much cheaper. Since many of the D+ perks are disappearing, I'll keep my money for the same quality.

It's a business decision for RCL and all cruise passengers. RCL is trying to generate more profits and I'm looking for more value.

Offering exclusive lunch at two locations for suite guests isn't very likely.

HELLO PRINCESS

Huh????

I'm at a loss. Please fill me in on the "many" D+ perks that are disappearing.

I can't name any!

I think a lot are disenchanted with the fact that benefits remain the same for the 525 point differential between D+ and Pinnacle - thus there is no incentive to stay loyal and they are now branching out to princess.

While I think RCL should consider a level in between D+ and PC due to the large point differential and no real change of benefits for guests with 2-3 times the requirement for D+, I do hope people cruise RCL bc they like the cruise experience. If not, then I think it is healthy to try other lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DanTheCruisingMan

Nope. Sorry. In almost every cruise market, I have several choices for similar itineraries. But for airlines there is seldom more than one convenient choice to cruise departure cities from many US cities.

I'm sorry that Princess isn't the best for you, but most reviews indicate that Princess is similar to RCL but much cheaper. Since many of the D+ perks are disappearing, I'll keep my money for the same quality.

It's a business decision for RCL and all cruise passengers. RCL is trying to generate more profits and I'm looking for more value.

Offering exclusive lunch at two locations for suite guests isn't very likely.

HELLO PRINCESS

Have you been on Princess before? If not, I think what you'll find is that while there are some things that Princess does very well (better than Royal Caribbean), you'll also find that there are things Royal Caribbean does well that you miss or dislike on Princess ships. Princess has changed a lot over the years, just as Royal Caribbean and all the mass market lines have.

If you want to try Princess just to try it, or try it because you dislike the Royal Caribbean product, fine. It seems to me, though, that you're switching because you're ticked off that there will be one lounge that will be off limits to you despite your loyalty status. That seems like a terrible reason to turn your back on something you've obviously enjoyed greatly -- greatly enough to achieve an upper level loyalty tier.

Just my $0.02. I've cruised on 5 different lines, and there are things I liked and disliked about all of them. I think the lounges are nice, but they're far from the top item on the list when I choose a ship.

Does everyone not remember when the plans and renderings showed what is NOW the forward public space over the bridge on deck 14 as part of Adventure Ocean. That NEVER came to fruition. I take what Royal shows on their plans lightly. I am not sure Royal even currently knows for sure if they are going to have a separate "concierge lounge" for Diamond Plus or not.

Have you been on Princess before? If not, I think what you'll find is that while there are some things that Princess does very well (better than Royal Caribbean), you'll also find that there are things Royal Caribbean does well that you miss or dislike on Princess ships. Princess has changed a lot over the years, just as Royal Caribbean and all the mass market lines have.

If you want to try Princess just to try it, or try it because you dislike the Royal Caribbean product, fine. It seems to me, though, that you're switching because you're ticked off that there will be one lounge that will be off limits to you despite your loyalty status. That seems like a terrible reason to turn your back on something you've obviously enjoyed greatly -- greatly enough to achieve an upper level loyalty tier.

Just my $0.02. I've cruised on 5 different lines, and there are things I liked and disliked about all of them. I think the lounges are nice, but they're far from the top item on the list when I choose a ship.

IF you follow the thread, I've indicated several reasons, but the CL change is the last straw. Actually I'm more irritated by DD and the crazy pricing changes for the sales.

What didn't you like about Dynamic Dining when you tried it?

Do you need to try everything before you purchase something? Obviously not, in most cases it's not possible. My normal approach is to research a purchase and determine if I like the features of the product. DD has many undesirable features and few desirable attributes. So, I do not feel it's reasonable to spend thousands of dollars on a product that isn't attractive. It's insane to think that people need to experience DD to know it doesn't suit them.

Do you need to try everything before you purchase something? Obviously not, in most cases it's not possible. My normal approach is to research a purchase and determine if I like the features of the product. DD has many undesirable features and few desirable attributes. So, I do not feel it's reasonable to spend thousands of dollars on a product that isn't attractive. It's insane to think that people need to experience DD to know it doesn't suit them.

Gee, I don't know. When it comes to food I usually like to TASTE it first before I make a judgement.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Gee, I don't know. When it comes to food I usually like to TASTE it first before I make a judgement.

LIKE.

It's like buying a car you've never driven and then realizing it's not actually what you wanted, or buying a pair of shoes that look great without trying them on. :rolleyes:

I take it they never try new restaurants either, and every restaurant they have ever eaten in has been perfect based on what it looks like;)

Unfortunately some people don't like change, and that's their prerogative, but like they say, sometimes a change is as good as a rest:D

I'm actually confused why you don't just pick another RC ship that doesn't have DD rather than jumping ship so to speak. Oh I get you like your lunches in CL on oasis class ships but until you got to D+ you never had access to that feature and that didn't make you change companies. And at this stage changes to CL are unsubstantiated rumors. I have not seen anywhere that they have stated they will stop lunch in there? I don't think I have ever picked a cruise because of what dining options are or are not onboard.

The oasis and allure are two ships out of many in the fleet. Just because they change a few things on a couple of ships that we may or may not like doesn't mean we are suddenly going to discount the whole brand!!!!

Edited by Spurschick

So let me understand, you taste food at a restaurant before you go dinner at a new restaurant? I don't think so. I'll bet you look at the menu or read reviews before you ever walk in the door. If you are a vegetarian you don't go to a steakhouse, order a filet and then decide the restaurant is not for you.

Hello Princess

What didn't you like about Dynamic Dining when you tried it?

For me I didn't like having to prepay in order to guarantee the times I want. That amounted to hundred of dollars I had to give them last spring. Sure I could wait until I boarded to book but I am not flexible with days and times I want for particular restaurants. They now owe me one Chops fee back for my first night BOGO assuming the coupon will be offered on QN.

I'm sure I'll live the restaurants. I only hope the times I booked don't conflict with any special events I don't yet know about and might like to attend. That is most likely to happen with Chef's Table.

For me I didn't like having to prepay in order to guarantee the times I want. That amounted to hundred of dollars I had to give them last spring. Sure I could wait until I boarded to book but I am not flexible with days and times I want for particular restaurants. They now owe me one Chops fee back for my first night BOGO assuming the coupon will be offered on QN.

I'm sure I'll live the restaurants. I only hope the times I booked don't conflict with any special events I don't yet know about and might like to attend. That is most likely to happen with Chef's Table.

Love the restaurants is what it should say - Tapatalk bug doesn't allow editing anymore.

So let me understand, you taste food at a restaurant before you go dinner at a new restaurant? I don't think so. I'll bet you look at the menu or read reviews before you ever walk in the door. If you are a vegetarian you don't go to a steakhouse, order a filet and then decide the restaurant is not for you.

Hello Princess

Terrible analogy. You are really stretching here.

You can't compare looking at a menu for one land-based restaurant to a cruise ship that has multiple restaurants and is now introducing a new concept. It's not like DD is one venue.

I get it. DD is new and you are set in your ways and do not like change. I don't even know if I am going to like DD but at least I will give it a shot first.

Terrible analogy. You are really stretching here.

You can't compare looking at a menu for one land-based restaurant to a cruise ship that has multiple restaurants and is now introducing a new concept. It's not like DD is one venue.

I get it. DD is new and you are set in your ways and do not like change. I don't even know if I am going to like DD but at least I will give it a shot first.

Nope, It's a perfect analogy. I'm sure that everyone understands the point. Most people make expensive purchase based on revearch and reviews not going and sampling.

But back to the topic at hand.... Where's the big announcement on Monday.

Nope, It's a perfect analogy. I'm sure that everyone understands the point. Most people make expensive purchase based on revearch and reviews not going and sampling.

You just don't get it. Not surprising.

And why do you care about the announcement if you have made up your mind that you are done with Royal and are moving on to Princess?

You just don't get it. Not surprising.

And why do you care about the announcement if you have made up your mind that you are done with Royal and are moving on to Princess?

Probably because he is going on the Oasis in Jan. 2015. We will be on the Oasis and Allure in 2 months, if the CL is gone on the Oasis no big deal. The drinks loaded on the seapass card works great and there's the DL or overflow lounge for other options.

Probably because he is going on the Oasis in Jan. 2015. We will be on the Oasis and Allure in 2 months, if the CL is gone on the Oasis no big deal. The drinks loaded on the seapass card works great and there's the DL or overflow lounge for other options.

We had access to both lounges (suite pax, Diamond C&A member) on our last RCI cruise, and we also had the three vouchers per day loaded on our card. We spent most of our time in Vintages, paying for what we like.:)