Cruise must haves...

duesouth

I would think through items related to health (eg., over the counter medical items).

Keith

Oh I so agree!!!!!

We take a first aid kit as well as all OTC meds imaginable from lomotil, to tyleonol to eye drops!!!!

Sea Ya

Must haves for us - camera and lots of batteries, chargers, sunscreen and swim shirts - we still burn, aloe vera, OTC meds - like Benadryl, Bonine,Immodium,cold meds etc. Basically things that would be more expensive, hard to find, or just a pain to find if you forget them.

There are hundreds of "must haves" threads on CC. One I believe is about 650 posts long. Surely we do not need yet another "must have" thread. There are even 2 of them on the same page as I look at the "ask a cruise question" page.

Edited by donaldsc

And many of the items on the "must bring" lists we haven't brought and didn't miss at all. Just peruse a couple packing lists, look through your bathroom (I tend to pack items from our medicine cabinet), remove half of the clothes you intended to take, make sure you have extra presciption glasses/batteries/memory cards, sunscreen...and you should be fine.

As far as over the counter meds, eye drops, etc. if we use them at least once a week we will bring some. If they gather dust in the medicine cabinet then no. If we have a specific symptom before cruising, such as congestion then we will pack accordingly.

Same rule applies to make up, hair products, etc.

Mary Lou

There are hundreds of "must haves" threads on CC. One I believe is about 650 posts long. Surely we do not need yet another "must have" thread. There are even 2 of them on the same page as I look at the "ask a cruise question" page.

Then stop reading them. Don't comment. And just move on. :confused:

We take a bungee cord. Sometimes we bungee the balcony door open so we can hear the sounds of the water.

For Caribbean or any beach type cruise or trip where you plan to snorkel, dive, play in the water, etc.... a little jar of meat tenderizer. Coming in contact with a jellyfish can sure turn a fun beach trip into not fun.

YOu can also use packets of mustard. The vinegar in the mustard takes the sting away, and the thickness of the mustard keeps it in the spot it needs to be. :)

Like with any other vacation -- I pack what makes me feel prepared. Many people strive to take as little as possible and I ENVY them. I am a heavy packer. Other than clothes (and pack what you want, I like choices) - I take medications, extra sunscreen, hat, sun burn treatment (we are a pale people and always burn), and light jacket which always helps when we get chilly on the cruise tours. I am not a photobug so my phone doubles for a camera for me. Take small bills -- its a pain to get change back in local currency. The one thing I never take is those organizer things. I find the drawers in the room are enough for us to organize in and the cubes we pack in work to help as well. Whatever you pack -- take a good attitude and have fun!