Fascination wedding anniversary cruise. Help me make it special.

blnorman

Okay experienced cruisers,

We are cruising for a very special wedding anniversary in October on the Fascination out of Jacksonville, FL. Neither of us has ever cruised before in our lives. What should I make sure to do to make the most of this experience and what are things I should avoid. Anything on this particular ship we should make sure we don't miss?

Right now, all I know is we have anytime dining and that's about it. Help me out peeps!!

Maybe a couples massage?

Where can I find out about these options? Is it a certain place on the carnival site?

From Carnival FAQ:

How do I make a reservation for a massage?

Various spa services that are provided onboard each Carnival ship.

Note: All services may not be available at all times on all ships, and pricing may vary slightly from ship to ship. Please visit the spa once onboard to check the availibility for any of the services below and to book your appointments.

You may also pre-purchase your spa services online. Once you have made the full deposit on your cruise booking, you can log in to www.carnival.com/myres and search for available spa appointments in the Plan Activities section. Note that prices are subject to change and may vary slightly from ship to ship; services may not be available at all times, on all ships. Appointments booked online must be made no later than seven days prior to your sailing, and are on a first-come, first-serve basis.

** Please check for availability of these services on your cruise.

Face Rituals

Elemis Oxydermy Facial

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Facial

Elemis Skin Specific Facial

La Therapie Hydralift Facial

Elemis SkinLab Facial Mapping Analysis (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Elemis Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift Facial (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Add any 2 treatments below to the Hydralift Facial

Hydra Lip Intensif, Intensif Eye Treatment, Hydra Neck Intensif, Hydra Peel Hand

Treatment Body Rituals

Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy

Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massge

Swedish Massage

Reflexology**

Couples Massage**

Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual

Deck Massage (15 minutes)

Deck Massage (25 minutes)

Elemis Cooling Hot Stone Body-Facial (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Wraps, Scrubs and Slimming Treatments

Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction Program

Elemis Seaweed Wrap and Massage with Half Body Massage

Elemis Seaweed Wrap and Massage with Full Body Massage

Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with Half Body Massage

Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with Full Body Massage

Dry Float Bed (add-on)

Elemis Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Acupuncture - The Point of Well Being**

First Acupuncture Session (50 minutes)

Additional Sessions (45 minutes)

First Facial Rejuvenation Session (75 minutes)

Additional Sessions (60 minutes)

Fitness

Personal Training

Nutritional Consultation

Metabolism Test

Pathway to Yoga

Pilates

Indoor Cycling

Tai Chi (available only on the Splendor and Dream)

Water Rituals**

Bathing Ritual

For further information visit www.timetospa.com.

Its your first cruise=== EVERYthing will be special. Bet you cant find the time to fit in all that stuff listed above.

Visit the coffee cafe-- they sell cakes there== they also sell SLABS and Imean slabs of cakes that are different then what is served in the dining room. Slabs, I mean slices are about 2. 50

they do sell cakes but you can order a dessert from your waiter and have them sing happy birthday there.

Might i do suggest is you take sand from a beach you are visiting-- and make a holiday ornament celebrating your stuff

We will also be on the Fascination in October for our anniversary! We booked a Grand Suite and have also booked the Chef's Table. I emailed the maître'd (fsmaitred@carnival.com) and had a confirmation response within 20 minutes.

We are also celebrating an anniversary on our next cruise, and I think just the uninterrupted time to relax with not having to do anything will be great! I mean, you don't even have to make your own bed!

Does anyone know, if you order a Happy Anniversary cake, can you have it delivered to your stateroom instead of served in the dining room?

Okay experienced cruisers,

We are cruising for a very special wedding anniversary in October on the Fascination out of Jacksonville, FL. Neither of us has ever cruised before in our lives. What should I make sure to do to make the most of this experience and what are things I should avoid. Anything on this particular ship we should make sure we don't miss?

Right now, all I know is we have anytime dining and that's about it. Help me out peeps!!

Fascination is a great Ship........

I have many Cruises on the Fascination...........

Anytime Dining ask Vanja-the Hostess for CrisJay as your Waiter....

And you can ask for a table for two..........

I always get to the Dining Room early...........

You are also allowed to carry on 2 bottles on wine. Maybe bring Champagne or something you will both enjoy on the cruise? I know Carnival will sell it to you as well, but that's going to cost you a lot more and you can always go to the bar and get the glasses there. Save the money to get a message and maybe chocolate covered strawberries?

For our 25th, on our once-in-a-lifetime Hawaii cruise, we booked the free outdoor photo session. These pictures were amazing with the ocean water behind us against the deck rail. We did this on formal night around 5:30 or 6:30- ask your photographer, he/she will know the best lighting time. I don't know exact prices, but on our sailing if you bought one picture it was $30 or the next smaller package was ten for $300 and it went way up from there (for weddings, big reunions, etc). We almost stopped at the one, but the pictures of the kids were some of the best expressions we have of them in print so we splurged and got the ten. I am going to have the pictures made into a fleece throw! Happy Anniversary! Book this early for your preferred time if they offer it on your cruise; ask at the photo desks. These sessions are limited and may not be available on all ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You will love the Fascination! You picked a great first cruise.

We sailed on her in February and were worried because she was smaller than the ships we had sailed on previously but the worry was all wasted time!

It was actually our first vacation without kids in 19 years (so it was a special occasion for us too) and we had a wonderful time.

Everyone here has offered great suggestions - the only thing I might add is if you want a couples massage you might try that at one of the ports you go to - it would be a lot less expensive than doing it on the ship if you're on a budget.

I did a review of our Fascination trip if you want to look it over. Hopefully you might get some tips from it or at the very least enjoy some of the pictures. Here is the link -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992968

I hope you have a wonderful cruise - you'll more than likely be addicted like the rest of us when you return.

These are great ideas everyone. I am going to starting looking into these things asap. I booked over the phone rather than over the net, but now that I have linked my booking number to my profile.....things are a little more clear as to how to book things. I am going to keep all these suggestions in mind and keep them coming. You guys are awesome!!!

All the above suggestions are great. You know your DW the best and from those suggestions, I am sure you will pick something fabulous! I am going to go out on a limb here and make another suggestion: our ann'y is on 5/12 and we have sailed MANY times over that date (usually falls over Mom's Day too!) Every single one of our cruises the waiter brought over a small cake with a candle and sang HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU. It's about the size of a large cupcake. Neither one of us mentioned that it was our ann'y. With all the dessert options, I would not have wanted my DH to pay "extra" for a cake! Just MHO. But I don't know if you could count on that happening. You could bring a special bottle of bubbly or wine (or order it) to have served with dinner, give her a pretty card and with it a "gift certificate" for something fun to do when you are HOME! :eek: Maybe a favorite restaurant, movie night, a day at a museum or art gallery....you get my drift. It would be something to look forward to to chase away the after cruise blues! :( This is JUST my opinion...there are so many things to do on a cruise, whether it is a sea day or a port day and for ME, the CRUISE was the special thing...just being together! :o Another idea: if your DW has a charm bracelet or necklace, you could buy her an anchor charm, or something that signifies the cruise and give it to her on your ann'y. And be sure to have your picture taken on your special day, even if you have to recruit a fellow passenger to do the job! Again, you know your wife best and this is just my opinion. Have a great cruise and congrats on your anniversary! ;):)

Order room service for breakfast! So nice to have a cup of hot coffee, pastries and smoked salmon with bagels to start your day. You can fill out the room service order the night before, hang it outside your door and voila, breakfast in bed! Remember to set out a couple dollars to tip the room service waiter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Go to Dollar Tree or Party City and get decoration for your door. This also helps you find your room better. If you bring your own wine, throw in a bottle opener. They charge to open your wine.

Yea, they ($ store) also have really pretty fake flowers...pick some that look like her wedding bouuqet and present them to her! :p Flowers on the ship are so $$ and wilt and you are not supposed to take them off the ship anyway! :confused::(

I order roses for the room. Wife loves them and always makes the room look great. Also a massage or couples massage is a good idea. Plus ordering liquor/wine/champagne from their bon voyage (while expensive) is always a treat.

I would order a chocolate cake (soooo good!) and if you indicate it is for an anniversary they will write Happy Anniversary on it. The larger size is around $9 and any slices that you and your group don't eat will be put on "a to go" plate for you to take back to your stateroom. My family requests one of these cakes every cruise.... even when there isn't a special occasion. IF there are just two of you - you can order the small size cake and still have left overs!

You can call and set it up before you cruise and they will deliver it to you in the dining room with waiters singing and everything. Just designate which night you wish to celebrate.