CC problem advancing pages? (Or iOS disaster?)

TiogaCruiser

Is anyone else having issues where they cannot use the page advance control (top or bottom of a thread) or the view unread posts link at the top bar?

Those controls started to work on and off 2 days ago. Reloading the page doesn't help nor did rebooting. I installed the new OS yesterday. Now the controls won't work at all. Same on my iPad ( which got the new potion yesterday).

So is anyone else having a similiar problem with CC?

I am using Safari on my iPad and the problems with switching between pages on CC started as soon as I downloaded IOS 8. The bug seems to affect only certain threads and leaving the thread and later returning to try again makes no difference.

Also when I attempted to edit a post I could not position the cursor. There was simply no response and I was unable to edit.

I downloaded the subsequent bug fix and it made no difference.

I didn't have any problems yesterday -- just getting started today.

Right now I am on the computer that has Windows 8 with IE 10.

Guess after I post more and move around more, I'll know if I am having problems.

One thing I do know -- for the past week I have tried clicking onto the "Home" page and can't get into there.

I am using Safari on my iPad and the problems with switching between pages on CC started as soon as I downloaded IOS 8. The bug seems to affect only certain threads and leaving the thread and later returning to try again makes no difference.

Also when I attempted to edit a post I could not position the cursor. There was simply no response and I was unable to edit.

Try downloading the Chrome browser from Google in the app store. You don't have to keep it permanently, you just want to see if the problem is confined to Safari. If it is, then it's something Apple should patch. I see a lot of complaints about the "browser lag" on Safari after upgrading to iOS 8.

I think it is iOS8 I am having the same problems on my iPad. Did the update yesterday and that did not make the problem any better. I wish Apple would not be in such a rush with these updates. It only messes everything up.

Terri

No, but are you using a browser like Safari or standalone app like Tapatalk?

Am using Safari. Will try another browser ( didn't realize Apple allowed that).

Am finding on iPad and some threads here the controls on the bottom work but never ( so far) the top.

Also iphone gets really warm when I am trying to use a control that is not working.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

Just tried on my iPad and something is definitely broke. I haven't tried a lot of my forums yet this morning so can't say if it is a pervasive problem.

Before I posted last night I googled and saw about 3-4 complaints on other forum communities that were similiar.

Try downloading the Chrome browser from Google in the app store. You don't have to keep it permanently, you just want to see if the problem is confined to Safari. If it is, then it's something Apple should patch. I see a lot of complaints about the "browser lag" on Safari after upgrading to iOS 8.

Thanks, I will try that and report back.

I also cannot vote in CC polls using Safari now. There was never an issue before.

Just tried on my iPad and something is definitely broke. I haven't tried a lot of my forums yet this morning so can't say if it is a pervasive problem.

Great -- now I will another problem to work on today.

Right now I am dealing with MSN and the calendar not working on one computer but working on the other one. They just changed their format on IE.

Thanks, I will try that and report back.

I also cannot vote in CC polls using Safari now. There was never an issue before.

It seems to have worked for TiogaCruiser, so hopefully it will work for you.

POA, I downloaded Chrome and was able to vote in the poll.

Time will tell if I have any more problems with the other issues.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. I'm selling "future tech support credits" in the Ocean Bar and the Crow's Nest in December. :D

Edited by POA1