What is the least number of days that has gotten you into the Most Traveled Lunch?

PunkiC

So, what is the least number of days that has ever gotten you into the most traveled lunch, or cocktail party?

If you wouldn't mind, I would also be curious to know the itinerary.

Thank you! :)

Hi Punki.

I don't recall how many days I had when I was first invited, but it was on a Panama Canal RT. I promise you it was a low number, though. I was shocked at the invite. I was invited on my last Canal RT, too. I've been invited on a 7 day Caribbean on the Ruby. Last year, I was invited on both legs of the Alaska B2B on the Island Princess. I was seated with the Captain's Circle person at one of the luncheons and she told me that the lowest numbers are generally on Alaska cruises. The cruises that tend to be destination cruises for first time cruisers (Alaska, Canal, etc.) tend to have lower numbers. She said that on some Alaska cruises there may be just a handful of Elites.

I'm looking forward to my Hawaii cruise with our mutual friends this December. I hope you have a good time on your cruise.

Hi Punki.

I was seated with the Captain's Circle person at one of the luncheons and she told me that the lowest numbers are generally on Alaska cruises. The cruises that tend to be destination cruises for first time cruisers (Alaska, Canal, etc.) tend to have lower numbers. She said that on some Alaska cruises there may be just a handful of Elites.

I have been told the same thing as well. On the Grand Alaska sailing we returned from last month, there was only 57 Elites on board. I was about middle of the pack for MTP at 178 days on the invite list.

Some decade when I retire (I am a Gen X'er, I have a long way to go!), I just hope to make it into the top three once...maybe on some future Alaska cruise.

We were invited to the cocktail party on the Aug. 30th 2014 Alaska southbound cruise....we had 175 days. There were a total of 33 elites and about 100 platnum on the entire ship. Most on the ship were first time cruisers. Was very surprised and happy to go as it may be the only one we ever get invited to!

We were invited on the Coral to the MTP cocktail party twice-we did N and S bound trips this past Aug. We had about 240 days. Had a very nice time with the smaller crowd in the card room of the ship.

My first time was I believe on the Sun Princess on a B2B Alaska trip in 2003. I think I had about 110-120 days and was shocked, these were only my 11th and 12th Princess cruises I think I was in the top 4 or so but was not given any awards because the top passenger declined.

So, what is the least number of days that has ever gotten you into the most traveled lunch, or cocktail party?

If you wouldn't mind, I would also be curious to know the itinerary.

Thank you! :)

I too was shocked to receive an invitation to the MTL because I only had around 160 days. We were seated at the same table as the Captains Circle host so I knew we were low down on the list. I said to Ricardo (Captains Circle Host) you must have been scraping the bottle of the barrell and he replied YES!!!! and then went on to say there were very few elites on the ship. This was on the Royal this past July doing a Baltic cruise. I have to say, the food was wonderful! They even had a notation to the fact that I have a shellfish allergy!

I too was shocked to receive an invitation to the MTL because I only had around 160 days. We were seated at the same table as the Captains Circle host so I knew we were low down on the list. I said to Ricardo (Captains Circle Host) you must have been scraping the bottle of the barrell and he replied YES!!!! and then went on to say there were very few elites on the ship. This was on the Royal this past July doing a Baltic cruise. I have to say, the food was wonderful! They even had a notation to the fact that I have a shellfish allergy!

I'll bet the numbers jump considerably as soon as the ship returns to the Caribbean in a few weeks. ;)

When we were new to cruising on an Alaska sailing, the most traveled passenger onboard was a guy about 25 years old he had six Princess Cruises for 200 and something days at sea.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle, Wa.

Go Hawks

my first time was with only 40 days at the most traveled cocktail party caribbean on golden princess out of san juan years ago around the time they started the elite category. since then i have been to 4 most traveled cocktail parties and 6 lunches mostly caribbean - only 2 med and 1 baltics. i only have 246 days now. january was my first short princess cruise on ruby and was the first time in a while i didnt get any invite but the ship was crazy with elites doing the free cruise promotions out of fll. i didn't mind since i still got my cruise on board credit gift and i'm kind of over the luncheons since they break up the day sunning :) - it is a nice event though to meet new people. would be nice to get specialty restaurants certificates as a change but that is just my preference

When we were new to cruising on an Alaska sailing, the most traveled passenger onboard was a guy about 25 years old he had six Princess Cruises for 200 and something days at sea.

John,Laura and Gaby

Seattle, Wa.

Go Hawks

Those must of been some long cruises to get 200 and some days at sea in 6 cruises!

I have a LONG way to go before I get an invite!

129 days on an Alaska cruise in 2009 from Vancouver to Whittier. It was a cocktail party which I enjoyed as much as any of the later luncheons I've been to. The cocktail party allowed you to mingle and talk to a number of fellow passengers and ship's officers. I've attended some luncheons since where the other 2 couples seated with us were either deadly dull with nothing to say or so full of themselves that it was tough to get a word in edgewise with their desire to monopolize the conversation. However both the cocktail party and luncheons had great food, so it made it all worthwhile.

Don't know if its happening company wide but currently on Emerald Princess and there has been no most travelled lunch or cocktail party just a presentation to top 3 on cruise during Captain's Circle Party for Elite and Platinum.

Don't know if its happening company wide but currently on Emerald Princess and there has been no most travelled lunch or cocktail party just a presentation to top 3 on cruise during Captain's Circle Party for Elite and Platinum.

That happened about 9 years ago on a cruise we were on. At that time we were told the decision was made on a cruise to cruise and/ship to ship or captain's option. I can't remember a cruise where the top 3 were not honored at the Captain's Circle Party.

We have had a bridge tour also included as most traveled.

That is where we always get the awards for the top three; at the party. If you don't qualify, you have no way of knowing whether or not there's a lunch or cocktail party. It's private and not advertised.

You can go to the Captain's Circle host and ask what the cut-off for the most traveled luncheon/party is. Sometimes when I'm doing a life thread I get the info to share with people.

my first time was with only 40 days at the most traveled cocktail party caribbean on golden princess out of san juan years ago around the time they started the elite category.
Looks like you're the winner ... so far.

I thought our 76 days was pretty low, but in answer to the "what is the least amount of days at sea" for an invitation to the private party (cocktail/lunch).

At least we got a free photo with the Captain of the Island Princess! And interesting conversation with the Hotel Manager who talked about the new auto-tip system that was just then going into effect.

Edited by Times Prince

my first time was with only 40 days at the most traveled cocktail party caribbean on golden princess out of san juan years ago around the time they started the elite category. since then i have been to 4 most traveled cocktail parties and 6 lunches mostly caribbean - only 2 med and 1 baltics. i only have 246 days now. january was my first short princess cruise on ruby and was the first time in a while i didnt get any invite but the ship was crazy with elites doing the free cruise promotions out of fll. i didn't mind since i still got my cruise on board credit gift and i'm kind of over the luncheons since they break up the day sunning :) - it is a nice event though to meet new people. would be nice to get specialty restaurants certificates as a change but that is just my preference

You certainly must cruise on trips where the normal Platinum & Elites don't travel with a number that low.