Entertainment

scotslizzy

Like I stated we normally cruise with Celebrity but the cruise ports for Riveria

are appealing so I will have to make a decision soon.

We are not party animals but do like to have options for evening entertainment .

Everything else about the Riveria is top notch.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Yes, about a year or so ago, Oceania hired an outside outfit (Jerrie Ryan from Las Vegas?) to put on some shows with a troupe of singers and dancers. We enjoyed those we heard both times on Riviera this year and felt it indeed was a substantial upgrade over prior years. There were four such production shows on our two ten-night cruises this year.

Jean-Ann Ryan (sp?). Same as on Regent.

... My problem is I think the lounge itself is bad, poor sight lines and seats like in Grammer school....

In my opinion, the big problem on Riviera is a poorly-designed stage. It's very low and production dancing is limited because of it--anything involving lifts or acrobats has to be executed very carefully--the dancers complained about this, and it was obvious watching the dancing. Too bad, because the troupe was quite good, although most of the types of shows are usually not my style (and I have trouble staying up that late.)

Since it was launched, Riviera has had the best entertainment of all the Oceania ships. If you found it disappointing on the past, you will no doubt continue to so so.

Personally, I have always enjoyed the Jean Ann Ryan Singers and Dancers, and the cabaret acts they book are as good as any I have seen on Celebrity. I have rarely missed a show in 13 cruises with O.

Sent from my XT1031 using Forums mobile app

What about other types of entertainment? Kareoke? Disco? Talent shows?

Bingo, trivia, name that tune, newlywed game .....have not seen any talent shows, hairy leg contests or wet t-shirt contests though

I have seen worse entertainment on some of the main stream lines than I have been subjected to on Oceania. Once of the worst comedians I ever saw was on HAL, and some of the other lines were not fantastic either. Entertainment is a matter of personal taste. One of the best pianist that I had the pleasure to listen to was on a MARINA cruise from Auckland to Sydney.

Our last cruise was our first on O...it was on the Marina from NYC to London last year. I thought the entertainment was lacking for a ship with 1200 passengers.

Our previous five cruises prior to that one were on Seabourn. At the most were 450 passengers. The entertainment was great!

Our next cruise will be on the Insignia over Christmas and New Years. I hope the entertainment will be better......We do enjoy staying up at night despite our age!

Our next cruise will be on the Insignia over Christmas and New Years. I hope the entertainment will be better......We do enjoy staying up at night despite our age!

You will be disappointed then

As Jan rightly pointed out Oceania does not focus on entertainment. It focuses on food and service. If anyone wants to cruise for entertainment I suggest RCCL. But then don't complain about the food or the high cost of alternative dining.

why do they have to be either/ or: FOOD OR ENTERTAINMENT?

I don't get it..they are mutually exclusive..is it not possiblt for O to have both....great cuisine and good entertainment..even with the poor lounge sites'!

Since it was launched, Riviera has had the best entertainment of all the Oceania ships. If you found it disappointing on the past, you will no doubt continue to so so.

Personally, I have always enjoyed the Jean Ann Ryan Singers and Dancers, and the cabaret acts they book are as good as any I have seen on Celebrity. I have rarely missed a show in 13 cruises with O.

Sent from my XT1031 using Forums mobile app

Completely agree. At least for the O class ships, the message that Oceania does not do entertainment well is really outdated.