Royal Replenish Program

I don't know why anyone would drink the free yellow beverage they call orange juice. I don't know what it is, but it ain't orange juice. Fresh squeezed is the only way to go.

On a typical cruise day, I would have

* 1-2 fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, usually 2

* 1-2 virgin cocktails, although my kids would usually drink half of 1 of them

* 1-2 sodas with lunch

* 1-2 sodas with dinner

* 1 specialty coffee after dinner

* 0-1 specialty coffee during the day

* 3-4 sparkling waters during the day... gotta stay hydrated in the heat

As for ship tap water, we've found it can vary between drinkable and freshly shocked pool water.

That is waaaaay over 20 bucks if you paid as you go. Your typical day is exactly how I'm going to use it too.

its the salt in the food, not the ships water that makes you swell

Not entirely correct...

The Desalination process involved with converting sea/salt water into "drinking" water that is used on a ship is very different then most purification processes at home. At home its fresh water into purified water..not salt water into purified water. When the Desalination process is complete there are higher sodium levels in that water compared to Bottled/Spring water.

Combine that with the salt in the food I experience Edema.

If I drink Bottled water it helps flush any elevated sodium levels my body may have and swelling is minimal.

then i guess we have some swollen sailors.''

The on board water is made by either distillation or reverse osmosis filtering. Reverse osmosis is now the predominant desalination and purification systems on board new ships.

Both render an almost pure water that is equal, and usually better quality, than most city water supplies.

There will still be "trace" elements of sodium in the water but nothing more than you find at home or in bottled water.

The only issue you will find with tap water on board ships is that the water will pick up "debris" from the pipes over

I had previously worked on a cruise ship(s) for 4 years before I attended Med school. Plus sailed 25 cruises after that. I know how ships water increases Edema in my body.

I'm not saying it effects everyone that way..but I know it's a trigger for me.

If I drink bottled water I'm fine.

If I drink ships water I'm not.

This is based on my personal experience at sea.

Being a physician I am fully aware of the triggers and symptoms of Edema especially regarding myself..

I know it's not just from the food.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know why anyone would drink the free yellow beverage they call orange juice. I don't know what it is, but it ain't orange juice. Fresh squeezed is the only way to go.

On a typical cruise day, I would have

* 1-2 fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, usually 2

* 1-2 virgin cocktails, although my kids would usually drink half of 1 of them

* 1-2 sodas with lunch

* 1-2 sodas with dinner

* 1 specialty coffee after dinner

* 0-1 specialty coffee during the day

* 3-4 sparkling waters during the day... gotta stay hydrated in the heat

As for ship tap water, we've found it can vary between drinkable and freshly shocked pool water.

I agree. Years ago the OJ did taste more like OJ but the stuff they offer now tastes nothing like it. One of the things I really like about Oasis and Allure is that fresh squeezed OJ is available in the Vitality Spa during all of its hours of operation.

Edited by Ocean Boy

We just did the RR package and feel we definitely got our moneys worth.

I had a latte every morning ($4.50), DH had one (or two) fresh squeezed OJ (??$5 each??), we had multiple sodas at dinner ($2.00+each), we filled out cups every night before heading back to the cabin, took bottled water off in Kings Wharf ($3 each) and had more than I can count frozen bevvies (are they $5 each too?) . We loved not having to worry about the cost each time, though we did tip extra almost every time we got drinks.

Now if only I had known about the virgin mudslide.........:rolleyes:

I thought you always got to have sodas at meals with or without a package. Is this not true? Without a package, what drinks come complimentary with your meals in the main dining room and in the Windjammer?

Tap water-Iced tea-Lemon aid-Orange Juice-coffee -tea

I am sure the list is longer and others will add to it.

No soda

Edited by harry0

I am also considering the Royal Replenish package. I don't drink the non alcoholic frozen drinks but my girlfriend does. How much of a crime would it be to get one frozen drink a day for her with my package? Not completely honest but at the same time I would keep it to a minimum.

I am also considering the Royal Replenish package. I don't drink the non alcoholic frozen drinks but my girlfriend does. How much of a crime would it be to get one frozen drink a day for her with my package? Not completely honest but at the same time I would keep it to a minimum.

Watches as a can of worms spills all over the deck.

Major crime. HUGE. You should see the flack I got here for giving a friend a bottle of water.

Does anyone know what is available in the Concierge Lounge? We will be in a suite. Can I get free Cokes in there and free sparking water/bottled water? How about juice? I know they provide cocktails at night and I've already bought some bottles of wine. Are these non alcohol beverages available in there during the day or should I get a non-alchohol drinks package?

Some swear by it and others swear at it.

That's my new quote of the day. :D

I don't know if I broke even but having paid up front for it was great. It allowed me to try some things that I might not have

This is a factor in our decision. There's a whole new dimension added to "aw, the heck with it, I'm on vacation, I'll try one." that comes with it being paid in advance as opposed to waffling if it's worth having it waiting on that final Seapass Statement.

I agree. Years ago the OJ did taste more like OJ but the stuff they offer now tastes nothing like it. One of the things I really like about Oasis and Allure is that fresh squeezed OJ is available in the Vitality Spa during all of its hours of operation.

Even TANG IS Better than the FREE Fake OJ

I had it on our IOS cruise. Waste of money for me. The fountain soda especially diet coke was disgusting and I had to buy cans. Collecting water for the room was a nightmare and I only drank black coffee which was free anyway

Hopefully, they will put freestyle machines on IOS now that the ship is back in the US for awhile. I would not buy the package on ships that don't have the machines.

Cokes are definitely included and water too, not sure about sparkling. Probably depends on the ship and how they stock their lounge. Sodas will only be included in the nightly happy hour. They have OJ in the mornings and a fancy coffee machine 27/7.

Thanks, that's helpful information.

Can anyone tell me if it does in fact include starbucks? We are sailing on Quantium if that matters...may she doesn't have a starbucks? ...ummmm just thought of that.

Does everyone in the room have to buy it like the alcohol packages or just the ones that plan on using it?

Can anyone tell me if it does in fact include starbucks? We are sailing on Quantium if that matters...may she doesn't have a starbucks? ...ummmm just thought of that.

Does everyone in the room have to buy it like the alcohol packages or just the ones that plan on using it?

We were on the Enchantment in May and my husband was the only ine who got the RR the rest of us just got the soda package. He was able to get drinks from the Starbucks. It just had to be in 15 min intervals. That was never a problem for him. Can't promise what company policy is but that was our experience.

Annette