OBC for Shore Excursions

comcox

When I recently priced a Princess cruise for 2015 I was happy to see a $300 OBC listed thinking this would neatly cover my gratuities and internet for the whole cruise.

However, after finalizing the booking and then going to the Cruise Personalizer page I discovered that the amount is now see this listed as $200 Shore Excursions and $100 Onboard Credit. What exactly does this division mean. If I pre-book some shore excursions will the credit apply or does it only apply to those tours booked on board?

When I recently priced a Princess cruise for 2015 I was happy to see a $300 OBC listed thinking this would neatly cover my gratuities and internet for the whole cruise.

However, after finalizing the booking and then going to the Cruise Personalizer page I discovered that the amount is now see this listed as $200 Shore Excursions and $100 Onboard Credit. What exactly does this division mean. If I pre-book some shore excursions will the credit apply or does it only apply to those tours booked on board?

As far as I know the full $ 300.00 will be put on your account as a credit and can be used for any onboard expenses including, but not limited to, excursions-gratuities etcetera.

At least that was the case when we booked the same deal on the Ruby in September.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Both will show as credits to your on board accounts. Each day charges will be incurred and you will have a new net balance. It's a simple plus minus system. Bring all your paperwork with you and check your folio early on in the cruise to assure all is correct.

The small print says that if you do not use the OBC for shore excursions, it can be used for anything else charged to your account.

And as others have said, it really is not dedicated just to shore excursions even if you have booked some.

I am hoping this is correct. We were awarded excursion OBC but didn't really see any that we were interested in. Would prefer for it to be straight OBC. :D

Thank you for the information.

Edited by baconlover1

Hi Com,

I had my TA check.

OBC is for use onboard.

Excursion credit is only for shore excursions.

TA is mis-informed.

Per the small print "Any credit not used for shore excursions will be applied toward the stateroom account balance."

TA is mis-informed.

Per the small print "Any credit not used for shore excursions will be applied toward the stateroom account balance."

Caribill is correct. I checked this yesterday and it will be applied toward the account balance. I am so glad to know that! :D

I called Princess to double check. They said I could reserve shore ex in advance without paying and then use OBC to cover those. I think would also include transfers so I may use it for those.

All OBC, including this kind, is applied to charges as they are posted to your onboard account. You really do not get to select what it is applied to.